Wretched Gods

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Suijin, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well hello there. I promised a story with a chicken girl heroine. And I'm here to deliver. Chapters are going to be short-ish (please no shota jokes) but I'll post once every two(2) days, or sometimes even once a day. Depends on if the game will absorb my soul or not.
    Also, do give your honest thoughts. But don't hate too much.
    (The girl is going to appear slightly later, I'm not gonna drag it down with bullshit)

Synopsis: Usually, people would think of gods as a kind existence. They care about life and are without prejudice, it's the people who interpret it wrongly. But what if a god asks you to eliminate the enemies? Ones which did nothing wrong? Suspicious, right?
    I have been summoned (cliche) to another world by gods of the humanity, and their request was for me to eliminate the beasts and demons of that world. But, I'm the one who decides what I do. I'll follow what they say for now, and see what's around me with my own eyes.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Mature, Romance (sorry boys, no harem)

Table of Contents:
    Prologue
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3: Beast god and the girl
    Chapter 4: Beast god and the girl (part 2&3)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue

You know when they say that the last thing you see before you die is all some precious memories?

Yea... I call bullshit on that. Because the last thing that went through my mind was “Oh fuck me”.

I’m not even joking. Yes, maybe some see some memories or some other bullshit like that, but for me; I saw the metro train speeding at me. But, let me explain first how I got to this point, in few words.

I went to Poland to visit my friend, after arriving in Warsaw I went to metro to get to the bus station. While waiting for the train, someone, I have no idea why, pushed me on to the incoming train.

And that’s it. No idea why, I don’t even know anyone there dammit!

And so, the train hit me. Instant death. But even before that I felt the full doze of pain from the hit. I can clearly say that I never want to feel that kind of pain again!

And now, what I expected from dying is just to simply cease thinking like in when asleep. Not aware of anything, no consciousness at all. Yet, for some reason, I feel… present? Several thought went through my head.

Could I still be alive? But I don’t feel pain.

Maybe in a coma? But they say that being in coma is like being dead.

Vegetative state? But I feel my body.

I tried to open my eyes, and as it felt like I could see I simply rejoiced in my head. I tried looking around. What I saw was a simple desk, and two chairs facing each other. On one chair sat a weird person. He was wearing a tux (I call it a monkey suit, it does bring style to some, but it feels horrible to wear), and his face looked like… mine!?

Seeing me the freak me smiled (creepy as fuck) and pointed at the free chair, saying in a monotone voice:

“Please sit.”

I don’t like where this is going. Not at all…

3. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1

As I died I expected everything to be over. Yet, for some reason I am alive in a sense, and across the table sitting leisurely on a chair is person with the same face as me, but with a completely different voice.

As I was nervously trying to figure out what was happening the other me spoke.

“Well, before we start I’d like to explain few things and apologize.”

“Apologize?” What the hell does he mean?

“Yes, anyways.” Fuck you. “The reason I have your face is because I have no actual face, also, I like to make people freak out when they see themselves. It’s kind of my hobby.”

“Fuck you.” This time I had to say it aloud.

“Yes, well, let’s continue. The reason I have to apologize is because of the reason you died. Actually, I am the cause of your death.” What?? “I was the one who pushed you in the metro. I’m sorry but it was necessary.”

So he says with a light smile while still having my face. I tried keeping my cool, but before I knew I already tossed the table aside (flip it!) and slammed his (my) annoying face on the ground.

“FUCK YOU!” Or so I was screaming while repeatedly slamming that piece of shit on the ground. Obviously trying to end his life.

After a while I stopped feeling slightly better, yet even though I knew that that bastard was completely fine. He stood up looking completely fine and sat at the chair.

“Let’s continue.” He says while pointing at the other chair. And somehow the table is back at it’s place. Well, I shouldn’t be surprised. After I sat down he continued.

“Well then, I hope you’re feeling slightly better. Now let’s go through this quickly, your bashing of my head took enough time as it is.”

“Fine, so say it then. Who are you, what do you want, et cetera.”

“Very well, then. I am what you would call a God, although I am not a god of your world. There are other gods beside me but I was responsible for calling you here. The reason I called you here is because We need your help.”

“Ah, this feels familiar.” Tch, generic novel setting, although I kind of like reading it, I don’t like being pulled into it. And I thought it was just a fucking fantasy!

“Yes, it’s as you presume.”

“So what do you need my help with?” Let’s see if I’m going to hate this.

“We need you to lead the humanity against the beasts and demons.”

I already don’t like this… “Why?”

“Those wretched creatures are planning on killing all of humanity, and We cannot allow this. So We decided to someone from your world to help lead the humans in this war to come.”

“And I was the unlucky guy to be chosen?”

“Well… Yes. But you don’t need to worry. We will grant you several gifts to help you in the war against those monsters.”

He keeps changing the way he calls them, I don’t like it but, oh well.

“You will be given ability to master any magic, comprehension of all languages (it will help you interrogate prisoners as well), strength and a weapon. Also, you will be reincarnated into the royal family to make it easier for you to develop.”

“Sounds like you’re trying hard.” I couldn’t help but slightly feel excited, after all, it’s MAGIC. Like anyone else wouldn’t want to use magic even once.

“Yes, all so you could fulfill our request.”

“Fine. I’ll help. But for a weapon, what kind of weapon is it?” If it’s a generic sword of a “hero” I’m going to pass on that offer.

“Well, it’s a sword of the hero.” Fuck me.

“May I choose a different sword? One that isn’t absurd?”

Looking slightly perplexed, the god agreed to compromise. After a long debate and me trying to describe the weapon design. We came to a solution. It’s going to be a “living” weapon. A weapon that can transform per thought (mine of course) into any form. Be it a spear, a sword, a hammer or anything. Even a bow. I feel like this weapon is going to be really useful if I’m going to fight.

And finally, we came to a conclusion.

“Well then. It’s time for you to depart. I wish you the best in your new life. And We hope that you will succeed in your task.”

And so he lightly bowed. And I blacked out.

The next time I woke up, I was already in a body of an infant with no actual control of the body.

This. Is going to be a troublesome start.

4. episod3ux

episod3ux Azuka's Sole Nii♐Azu's Saint♒Azuka's♐(\_/)Pillow

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Knew you could do it.AHAHAHAHAHA

Suijin likes this.
  5. The Novel God of Doom

The Novel God of Doom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. AnarchyDev

AnarchyDev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice prologue but generic chapter 1. I thought the chicken girl heroine to be the MC... Anyways was hoping the chapter 1 to not contain God but devil summoning XD and also those felt rushed like him having no attachment to his original world but getting excited about Magic and the mentions of novels...
    Anyways good luck and again, nice prologue.

7. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea well. Mental description of the MC will come along the way. Along with his past life (now it's past life)
    He will not hide the truth about his current status as a reincarnated person to some later on
    Also, there will be a POV change to the girl while skipping the generic slow-mo bullshit (the aging process)

yea, it's kinda cliche start with chapter 1. but I plan to move myself further from the standard JP reincarnation novel along the way. may not be completely original. But i'll try

And thanks :D

8. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. This is definitely a broken promise... is what I would say if there was a promise about it.
    "Love"
    "Welcome. To all starts."
    [Calculating...]
    ...before you do that, try to think what half-primitive people (Middle Age-people) would do to someone who says he is reincarnated;
    1. The people says the MC is possesed by the devil.
    2. The people would call the MC a crazy kid.

9. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    *Shota joke*

Suijin likes this.
  10. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so evil :O but I got in an argument with myself on chapter 2 and it was bloody.
    to some people. people he feels he could trust.

damn you satan! :D

11. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, what do you mean?

12. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    I kept writing and deleting. couldn't settle it how to write it. annoying chapter.
    but I kinda figured out how to write it and I'm currently doing it

13. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, Good luck! Don't worry, it can't be worse than mine!

14. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

After waking up in the infant body I figured out the problem… I can’t control it. The body isn’t developed at the moment so any attempt to do anything is useless. This, is really a crisis. And a situation in which I’ve never wanted to be in to begin with. Fuck that bastard. Why do I…

Wait. I’m an idiot. Ah~ stupid me why didn’t I think sooner!?

Being stranded in a body which for the moment I have no control off made me remember the issue which I somehow forgot. I was killed! Killed by that “god” so that he could place me in this world, to fight his war! God fucking dammit! I shouldn’t exist, I’m ashamed now. How could I forget the issue at hand, am I a fucking kid!? I really fell into his trap… That bastard, I’m going to kill him.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not mad about him taking me away from my life on earth. I don’t really regret for that life. Yes, I had friends and things to do, but I can’t say it was a great life to have. Why?

I was an orphan since I was 15. (oh boo freaking hoo me… not!) I was left with money the parent had so I did manage to live by. I finished both high school and university (IT, not really special eh?). I went travelling along the way, had friends, a fair amount of ex’s, and in the end got a stable job. In these 26 years of my life I managed to somehow live my life to the fullest, yet it was… Slow? But fuck that, what’s in the past is already over. What bothers me that I was killed. And no, this I won’t just leave in the past. Was it necessary to kill me? Did it have to be me?

It really doesn’t feel right. Beasts and Demons. Am I really needed in this? He didn’t really explain much, but it is also my fault for not asking (retard me). I’m not even sure that I can just kill a living being. At least I’m certain I can’t do it now. But when the time comes, could I kill? Ah this isn’t good. I really fucked up. My head hurts…

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Ah~ it’s been a week and I still can’t calm down. I tried distracting myself by looking at the surroundings. But it was slightly embarrassing. I was nursed by some young girl (20-something is young, no?), of course as a man I’d be happy but I’m currently in a body of an infant. So it’s really not a happy moment (not my fetish to go for those who feed me).

So with that my plan to distract myself failed and I continued to think about my predicament. With a lot of free time you get to think about a lot of things naturally. And I hate it at this point. After thinking about what happened at the meeting with that… thing (I will no longer call that fucker a god), I realized that I was made fun of. Killing me, using my face and then baiting me with prizes. I really fell for his tricks, but it’s to be expected. A “god”-like existence and for him to not use some tricks to hinder my thought process, he must be laughing like crazy out there.

This process of thinking led me to a simple conclusion. I will not trust what he said. I’ll play along the role I was given for now. But I won’t stop looking for the truth, it’s not that I don’t trust that fucker explicitly. I don’t trust the humanity as well. Let’s be honest, humans are a wretched race (me included). We lie, betray, exploit for our own gain. It’s the fact. So I can’t follow the truth before I see it myself.

Ugh, I think Ani would scold me like crazy for thinking like this again. I wonder how is she holding, I hope she’s fine even after my death. The reason I was in Poland was to visit her (she’s my friend so don’t get delusional), but to die on my way there… I hope she isn’t feeling guilty or anything. If she’s mad that would be fine, but if she’s sad I could never forgive myself. And that fucker-

I wonder how my things are being dealt with, my house, money, my pc. (If you think I’m gonna scream in agony because there is something humiliating on my web history or something. Nope, I’m safe) I never wrote a will, not like I expected to die anyways. I just hope it goes to some good use.

Well… What’s done is done, not like I can affect my former life anyways. Now I’m here in this new world, and I might as well try to enjoy it.

15. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3: Beast god and the girl

Humans are a weird existence, they claim whatever they see and anything that is not them is treated as an inferior existence. Why is that their lives consist of prejudice? Why is that they would rather destroy something they can’t have, rather than leaving it alone? I’ve been watching them for an eternity and I still cannot understand. It’s an enigma. Whenever I feel like I could understand they change yet again.

I can’t say they aren’t the only existence changes, but their changes are abrupt and mainly hostile to those around them. Their need to feel superior in their surrounding is… well… interesting to observe. While beasts react per instinct, humans react per “logic”. But their logic is worse than the instinct. The need to compete and control is in my opinion a sickness, a sickness which their gods approve. Truly a wretched bunch that only focus on controlling those who believe in them like pawns. And after so many years they finally began to instigate their toys on my kin.

Not just mine, but they’re even aiming against Spirits. Existence that has secluded itself since the beginning, to think even those peace lovers would be attacked.

And the worst thing is that they’re summoning a puppet of their own to whom they’ll give a portion of their powers. Wretched scum! They make my blood boil in rage to the point that I wish I could kill them in an instant. Yet I cannot do such a thing. I have powers, but we existences like that of a god cannot interfere directly with the living. But if they can do it, so can I. I’ll find someone who has a pure heart that would help not just beasts but spirits as well.

************************************************************************************************************************************

I made a blunder. To think I would mess up so badly.

I tried to summon with several criteria, a random summoning in a way. The criteria were mainly about summoning a kind hearted person, one that has potential and will to protect. And to summon one that is at the end of their lifespan, I do not have any intention to forcefully summon someone in the middle of their life. But I never directed to which kind of existence the summoned should be. And now, instead of beast kin I’ve summoned a human. What an embarrassment.

And the worst thing of all is that it’s a human child. For a young child to lose her life so early. But I can’t redo the summoning, and to just send her away would make me feel bad. I have no choice but to talk with her.

She looks confused so I should try to act carefully.

[Hello there.]

[Ah!] It seems I’ve frightened her.

[Don’t be afraid. Come. Sit. Let me try to explain what is going on. Can you do that?]

[Nn.] She timidly nods and follows me to her chair I’ve prepared in a hurry.

[Are you scared?]

[Nn.] Again silently nodding.

[Is it perhaps because of my appearance?] As a Beast god, my appearance is that in a form of a beast. A titan wolf. But for her sake I shrank myself to height of only 2 meter. But I can presume that to a child a wolf would be scary. I can only try to let her understand that I’m not actually scary as she thinks.

[Nn.] Ah that hurts my pride. It seems getting her to calm down is going to take some time. Not to mention earning her trust. I’m not really an expert with children. Especially human children at that.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  16. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the point, but... if a dragon suddenly appears - an existentence that is not human - would you treat it as an inferior existence?
    "...just beasts but spirits..."

[Comment. Good work.]
    The story is getting a good plot!

Suijin likes this.
  17. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    we humans.. even in worst possible solution pride is still something we can't toss away. in this story spirits are OP.. really fucking OP. but humans are regular humans. they think they're the perfect form of evolution. which people think even here (earth- our real planet). we treat our natural predators as inferior existence because we use weapons. and yet, one genome and it could have been different :3

fixed.. idk how I missed this one <.<

thanks

Zone Q11 likes this.
  18. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... *remembering CN novels* ...if I remember correctly, even CN people (who are NOT MC's) know their limits. Despite the fact that powerful CN's hunt dragons, even they can't stand against a higher being.
    As for the genome... yep. I agree on that.
    Your welcome.

19. TheGirlWhoWearsGlasses

TheGirlWhoWearsGlasses 「Soul Collector」「Ruelia's Twin Sister」「Megane」

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for da chapter m8~

Suijin likes this.
  20. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4: Beast god and the girl (Part 2&3)

I tried waiting a while for the child to calm down. As effective as it was, it was also not effective at all. (Contradiction is interesting right?) The mistake was to be quiet; after all I was dealing with a child. Even if you give some time to calm down, a child that is alone in an unknown place with a beast (I’m a wolf, to humans it’s a dangerous existence, no?) cannot calm down by itself.

After having revelation of that I decided to act. I may look like a beast, but it’s not like I’m emanating a wild aura. I tried approaching the girl who was now curled up while holding her knees, slightly peeking at me, quite adorable actually. Talking was not a current option so I tried doing what my parents did when I was young, playing with the tail. I’m proud enough to say that the fur on my tail is soft (even for me!), so it might help somehow. I gently brushed my tail next to her face which was hidden behind the knees.

After a few tail “wags” she stretched out her hand to touch my tail. It looks like the plan worked; I couldn’t help but feel proud. I stood still for a moment letting her do what she wanted, waiting for a while before I decide to speak again. At that time she played with my tail, it seems she found it interesting. A curious look of a child, even if you’re not the child’s parent you still feel warm inside. Something completely new to me considering I never had a family of my own.

After a while I finally decided to speak.

[Are you feeling better?]

Hearing my voice she was again startled, but this time only slightly as she still continued to play with my tail.

[No need to be afraid, can you tell me your name?]

[Nn, Yui.] Oh! Progress.

[Nice to meet you Yui. I am the Beast god. But you can call me Fenrir.] The reason for my name is because of my parents, they were devoting worshipers of one of our clan who ascended once from beast to a Beast god as well.

[Sorry Yui but I have a few questions, mind if I ask you?]

[… Okay] She answers in a low voice while still preoccupied with my tail.

[Very well then, how old are you?]

[… 7.] To die so young … Life is not really fair to all it seems.

[Do you understand what happened to you?]

[Nn, I died.] So she knows.

[May I know how you died?]

[Sick.] Ah~ I see.

I couldn’t find what to say, for a child as young as her to die and know. I cannot even imagine how she felt when she lived. This is really complicating.

[Um, excuse me?] After a while of waiting (seems like all I can do is wait) in silence, this time the child decided to speak.

[Yes?]

[… Why am I here?] Oh.

[Well, it’s because I summoned you here.]

[Why?] Ah! How can I explain this now? If it was an adult beast it would have been easy, but to explain to a human child is going to be difficult.

[Hmm~] While I’m thinking of an answer she starts staring at me while waiting for my answer.

[… Do you like animals?] Let’s find out first about this.

[Yes.] She answered while looking slightly displeased with me ignoring her question.

[Well, huh. Because I need help… I know it’s selfish of me to ask this of you, but I need your help.]

[Help? How?] She looks slightly confused and I can’t blame her. To ask a child to help, I can only hate myself.

[I need your help to stop the bad guys who are killing my kind.] I can’t even tell her that the enemy Is her own kind.

[I tried to summon a person who has a pure heart and would protect the beasts, and from that summon came you. That is the reason why you’re here.] She’s quietly listening; I can’t even understand what she might be thinking now.

[I understand it’s wrong of me to ask for help, and I would understand if you decide to refuse. If so, I will somehow try to return you back home.] It might take a toll on me, but it is my fault for involving her. So I believe.

Again silence. She was quietly thinking to herself while still holding my tail. I can do nothing but wait.

[I’ll help.] !? What did she say?

[C-can you repeat that?]

[I’ll help] So I didn’t hear wrongly. Ah~ this child is really kind.

[I have to ask, are you sure?]

[Nn.] She nods while gripping my tail harder. I can’t really know what’s going on through her head, but it seems that might be the best for now.

[Thank you.] I bow my head as deep as I can. No amount of thanks could be enough for her.

[Well. May I again ask something?]

[Okay.]

[What is your favorite animal?]

[Chicken!] On my question she immediately jumped up exclaiming her answer. It even startled me slightly, but hearing her answer I couldn’t do anything but break out laughing.

[Kh-hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. A chicken! Oh this is just incredible. To think you would say something unexpected like that. Hahahahah.] In all my life even if someone told me this would happen I would not believe them.

While was laughing myself for the first time in a long time, she looked slightly sad. It seems my laughing may have hurt her.

[Sorry, do forgive me. But I never expected such an interesting answer. May I know why is a chicken your favorite animal?]

[P-promise not to laugh.] Slightly wary of me due to me recent outburst, she reluctantly replied.

[I promise.]

Observing me for a while, she continued speaking with a cheerful tone.

[Because they’re cute! When they’re small they’re really fluffy and soft. I lived in a farm where we had chickens and I liked taking care of them because of that. They’re really cute…]

She kept speed-talking about chickens so much I could only smile. She was so happy when talking about what she liked that I couldn’t force myself to interrupt, listening attentively while she was talking.

After talking for a while she was obviously tired. I gave her some of my energy to recover and continued the conversation.

[I see, so you really like them. You’re interesting Yui.] She looks happy. Better than at the beginning when she was afraid.

[Well, then, would you like to be a beast with a chicken origin?]

It seems as my question confused her.

[Um, let me explain. We beasts don’t look like me, my form is only when you acquire certain strength. Beast look like you, they have some animal traits, but other than that they’re normal like any human you know. So what I’m asking is if you’d like to have some certain traits of a chicken?]

[… Okay.] It seems she understood what I said, good.

[Then I will send you to my world, I will have someone take care of you. She’s a friend so you don’t need to worry. Okay?]

[What about you?] Me?

[Uh, I cannot leave this place. Gods cannot interfere with the living, it is a rule.]

[Ah.] She lowers her head while looking dejected. But I really can’t leave. Can I?

I was stuck, my heart was in a turmoil. I know my obligation as a god is to observe my kin and protect them from others who wish to interfere. (other gods from this or other worlds) But a part of me wishes to follow this girl, to keep her safe. But I cannot leave from here as my body is bound… Body…

….

….

Maybe if I leave my body and follow in a form of a spirit, it wouldn’t break any laws as it would not be actual interference. I only intend to follow Yui. So no one could complain. It’s worth a risk, I believe it is.

[Yui.]

[?]

[I’ll go with you.]

[Really!?] She looks excited. Yes, it’s a good choice.

[Yes, I cannot follow you in this body of mine, but I will follow you as a spirit. I will follow you and keep you company. Is it okay?]

[Yes!] I couldn’t help but smile. To think I would be swayed but a human child.

[Well then. Let’s go.]

She slowly stood up and I sat in front of her. And as I gathered my energy, sharing my powers with Yui. The portal to the world slowly opened. And both Yui and I disappeared from a place I called home for thousands of year.

Embarking on an adventure I never expected to have ever since I ascended as a god.

With a companion, I in all my life never expected to follow.

And so the gears came into motion. Even I can no longer know what is going to happen in the world I was to govern.

Author Note: Longer than expected, but I didn’t want to split this into more parts. Also let me explain the ascension part. Beasts have a dominant Human genome (70%) and a beast genome (25%). The other 5%? Spirit genome that will eventually show its purpose. Oh yea, ascension. Beast with time grow stronger thanks to the beast genome and the spirit genome. But thanks to the spirit genome if they grow a certain amount of strength they abandon their human genome and become a true beast (80% beast 20% spirit). Beast gods have reign for 10 thousand year, then they have a choice if they wish to continue to govern for another 10 thousand, or they wish to leave and travel through other realms. If they do, they choose one of the true beasts to ascend and take their place. Okay? Good.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    AnarchyDev and Zone Q11 like this.