LCD Card Disciple

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Yuki

Yuki [Chaos-Order & Space-Time Magician,Owner of Void]

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    \(≧▽≦)/ it's alive!!

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what the resource cards do. Transform into real objects maybe? If so, I wonder if they cost more or less than just buying the resource.

I was hoping that he'd get into the movie industry. I think it would have been interesting. Either that, or sell his one star energy card design. If he found an honest and intelligent buyer, he could make enough money to never have to work again.

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    The mysterious card is also interesting so far it contain about how to make card till I suspect it something like guide book for card maker, remind me with Old grandpa trope

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, its what it looks like right now, but then why would it need to be hidden? Isn't the point of something like that for it to be distributed? It took way too much time and effort to make for the creator to have just tossed it out into the world like that on the off chance that someone might find it and figure out how to use it. Maybe they were smuggling it out of a sect (or other organization) to sell on the black market and something went wrong?

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    there also possibility the creator is an old eccentric person, toss this card to world and let fate guide it to a person then this person can count as direct disciple of the creator. MC got this card from luck? LOL (plot armor)

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Guy would have to be downright insane to make such a complex and expensive card and do that with it. Not sure the MC wants someone like that as his master ;)

asriu likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    the different between a genius and a n idiot is very thin~ mostly on result~ (≧▽≦)

jacobpaige likes this.
  9. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is this related to Undefeated God of War ? Is Card Disciple more-like a sequel, Spirit Cards evolving ? Or building on the same concepts of embedding knowledge and skills inc cards ?

10. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read two novels and I think they have no relation at all. But:
    Card Disciple is related to Legend of the Maestro (I think this is mistranslation, right translation must be Legend of Mecha Pilot)
    Legend of the Maestro is MC's second movie.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Card Films are just longer versions of the billboard cards or if they actually have sound and/or records of real actors.

Also wondering where they'll get the financial backing they'll need. Unless Card Films are significantly cheaper than real films, the amount of money they have isn't really enough for wide scale release, especially if each copy of the film has to be handmade. Honestly, I'm not sure its even enough to complete the film once.
    Its most likely just a shared universe. The universes this author deals with are usually quite large and, in the translations so far at least, none of his heroes have even tried to explore it all.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda suspect they will make like short movie that come across youtube by some indie studios
    still too few information about card

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this world have the internet? I'd been thinking that their tech level was roughly 1950's-1960's at the latest.

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno but perhaps something similar? they have battle card event right? that kind of show just TV is not really working well for information speed maybe it have something to do with card too like pc that only can connect with other using specific card since card is important part of live tool someone should have think about it toward that direction

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say, with the long translation gap I've forgotten a lot of the magi-tech products that have been mentioned already. I suppose we'll find out for sure as he gets richer and has more access to various technologies.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    weird for chap 23 it seem fairly accurate and wuxiadream use different source
    on wuxia there more line at the end
    put quality aside I just hope there will be steady pace for translation cuz well compared to most CN it have less chapter(based on NU page) and completed~

17. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... I think the tech level is 1920's Shanghai and the cards functions a both vacuum tubes and batteries for 1-star cards? The tech level should become higher as the MC improves.

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm this card film I feel kinda like hmm homemade video rather than youtube thing
    but what they used for long distance communication device?
    interesting~

19. poli

poli Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in a world destroyed by Yu-Gi-Oh duels

20. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping he would pull out his magic card and scare them off. It would have been hilarious seeing them run from an illusion.