LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. 8Psycho

8Psycho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually shield only useful on first 3-4 floors for hell difficulty. To survive while you adapting to difficulty.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blink Emblem sounds like a short range teleport, which is a pretty odd power to get from the God of Slowness.

3. 8Psycho

8Psycho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it isnt teleport, he just moves very fast, cannot move through objects. not sure if its spoiler

There is actually some logic for god of slowness to grant such power. Except this god does not actually represent slowness(that will be explained later), so it is jut not appropriately named.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a spoiler, but still not far off from what I expected, and still quite odd to have come from the God of Slowness. Though yeah, if the name is just really inaccurate, then that would explain it.

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Or maybe perhaps it slows the time around him making him look fast?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That would make some sense, but it would still feel like a major stretch ;)

7. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the Goddess of Slowness is someone like Sloth from FMA? One of the fastest gods but too lazy to move that fast.
    Or maybe she's got an ability like the Bahamut Drag-ride from Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut / Kamudo from Maken-Ki. Normally weighed down and before seriously attacking, being slowed to almost a stop by compressing time in order to store power then burst out with high speed.

8. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder when the monsters will show up.

9. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was said that there's a group of people on floor 30 in America, but the highest anyone achieved other than MC in Korea is 16-17. That's why he's still alone and coaching the new girl. Of course talking about purely Hell difficulty.

I'm guessing that the person(s) that reached 16-17 did so while the MC was on floors 30+.

zeus likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll start hitting on her for real at some point? He's got a lot of years ahead of him and she's the only person he'll come into physical contact with during that time.

So, how was he supposed to get through those trials without hitting the cap? Was he just supposed to dodge everything and miraculously buy self-heating/cooling clothes?

I think he misinterpreted what she said about not being able to give him advice. Its quite possible that the amount of advice she's allowed to give depends on how poorly the participant is doing.

Arkeus likes this.
  11. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from the description it sounds more like the god of patience or dedication

8Psycho likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That skills description seems off. If it actually did what it said it did, then it would either destroy everything around it as it teleported things inside of other things, or it would destroy the world as it shifted it out of its stable orbit just so that he didn't have to walk.

Given the floor's pattern, I'd expect the Boss room to be completely different. Maybe the dungeon's first monster?

I wonder how many people will have to die in Hell difficulty before people believe him, and if anyone will live long enough to confirm what he's said.

13. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The initial impression was teleport but now it's seeming to be more like Burger-kun from Darker Than Black S2. You can't go through matter and even take self inflicted damage since you're just very fast.

There's some details about it I would wonder about. Since MC thought of using it to halt falling momentum, does it recognize a floor if you teleport downwards? Are you transferred in the posture that you were in when activating (teleport kick!) or is it just like moving forward as a wall?
    If it maintains the flow of several each month crazy/delirious enough to pick Hell then it's going to be a lot. The "players" in other difficulties would actually require multiple people to clear the first floor in order to confirm his story. I'll just take a blind guess and say at least 50, meaning it may take up to a year for another "player" to survive through floor 1. It may even take longer since I don't think many people would believe what's happening until someone actually manages to clear Floor 100 and tells the world about what's happening.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know that anyone has to clear the floor to confirm. If they can survive the first trap and return to the waiting room, that should be good enough to at least confirm that much. With each new trap confirmed, his credibility should go up.

15. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only say clear the floor because it looks like their status on the community board updates by floors automatically. It won't be until they're on the second floor that others will be able to see that the person is actually making progress. They could confirm all they want but there would still be doubts as long as they're still on the first floor.

16. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to catch up on this novel today...ok
    When will these damn traps end?!? Lol

17. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the first few levels are trap dungeons meant to train the participants' mental and physical versatility in a fitness course, later levels will then hone them in live combat against monsters.

Archaic pickle likes this.
  18. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I sure hope so... I know what he is doing is normal for games, stat grinding.. but it would be hella boring if this goes on for alot more chapters... Maybe scene breaks with talking to the newbie will lessen the boredom a little?

19. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, he will have no party.
    Luckily that particular level isn't likely to kill him he just fails it over and over and over... until the is finally stronger than a team of 5 hell difficulty people xD... he has some easy floors after that (that are not mentioned really) because he's hit the level where the individual challenges of those floors are trivial

20. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After a bit they stop going into all the floors and start going into the community, friends, and their co-op thingies... his friend who called him a perv for wanting to send a vibrator, it has her PoV for a while...