Spoiler The Daily Task of Preventing My Disciple from Turning to the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Apr 26, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t what are your recomendations doing to my poor heart orz (i never knew you had a site untill now o.o)

I was reading through and i came across this novel and my curiosity kicked in >.>

<~~~ a very hopeless person

I know it doesnt have any chaps tl yet <.< >.> ...but i couldnt resist <.< >.>

From what i got from the summary is that both the ml and the mc went back in time? (and now the mc has a cute father/son reationship with the mc <3)....how is the ml like?

kiara8 likes this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the ML and MC know that the other has also time-traveled?

3. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really happy that you read that page~ I wasn't actually sure if anyone would haha. For this novel, I'm not that far in b/c I've kind of been hopping around in reading /cough

Yeah, both MC and ML have memories of the first time they lived their lives, though MC doesn't know why he went back in time (he doesn't really question it either). ML's very protective and kind of possessive of MC, and I think part of the reason he came back in time was to protect MC to make sure he doesn't die like he did last time. ML's 5 (or 6?) when MC picks him up to raise 'correctly', and he uses his age to act cute and hog MC's attention. When he and MC officially became master and disciple, he used his little kid innocence and charm and made MC promise that after MC raises him up, then it'll be his turn to take care of MC for the rest of his life. So far it's very cute~

ML is the one who activated the 'going back in time' power, and MC was sort of taken along for the ride b/c he had a part of ML's soul/power inside of him before he died. MC doesn't suspect anything (at least not where I left off) but ML knows that MC has his past live's memories.

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read up to the part where it explains why ML betrayed humanity?

5. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the specifics, but ML's originally a demon, so it's not so much betraying humanity as he was never on the human's side.

zeroknight, HesheFell, Ease and 2 others like this.
  6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, is that why he was able to go back in time?

7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's one of his powers, though I think there are activation requirements. Going back in time was something that he planned for a while to do.

kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  8. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    (kyaaaa <3) *cough* ....super cute >.>

did the ml liked his teacher in their past lives? (since the summary said the teacher didnt pay attension to him)

(also your recomendation page is awesome!!...if you have time update it :D) (if i knew you had it i would have poked you sooner :D)

kiara8 and scriptor like this.
  9. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I binge-MTLed it a while ago; all praise @winter-t 's rec page:

@alexfilia :

ML didn't have a name for what he felt, but he did like his teacher. Probably his biggest regret was being unable to save his teacher. He recognized that his teacher was a really good person and was true to him (unlike most of the jerks in the sect and human world).

lizabernal96, HesheFell, Ease and 3 others like this.
  10. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the ml help out the mc in secret? ....since the mc didnt pay attencion in his past life, he must have a lot of enemies (since he is a genious and all :p) ....do they have a lot of hot scenes together after the ml has grown up? (or is it towards the end too?)....also are there any cute moments where the ml worries over the mc? (if he is heart or even when he died in his past life)

kiara8 likes this.
  11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    YES. ML is such a yandere stalker lol. Also a big jar of vinegar. MC can take care of himself since he's plenty strong, but ML does extra. Even as a kid getting carried around by MC, he death-glared people and dealt with enemies. I think at some point he got his minions back too and had them carry out investigations and arson.

MC had a lot of enemies, yes. But after getting betrayed in previous life, he knows who they are now and takes his vengeance pretty seriously. As ML comments, MC is very clear about his love and hate. If he likes you, you'll know. *cough, ML, cough* If he hates you... well, he dishes out the pain pretty quickly.

I'd say the hot scenes come around 3/4 of the way through the novel. It's not like Founder of Diabolism or The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System with actual yaoi. It's a bit more bland and tasteful fade-out.

ML worries a lot. He does not want to be hated by MC. You should see him when MC finally found out that ML had transmigrated too; desperately sucking up and trying to be forgiven. XD

12. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually i like cute cuddling more than the yaoi parts >.> (like sleeping together/worrying about things/taking care of injuries etc...)

how did the mc found out the ml also time travelved? (did he felt betrayed?)
    Do they ever leave his sect?...Do we getnany of the ml point of view?

13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll probably like this novel then, ahaha. Tons of cuddling (esp. when ML is a cute kid with an excuse to be sticky) and mutual care. ML is incredibly black-bellied and cons MC into sleeping with him as a kid, sneakily making into something like a habit lol.

MC found out because ML said or did something I think. It was the heat of the moment and it just came out. MC was super angry because it all the effort he'd put into 'raising' ML a second time is now useless. ML is ML.

Yup, they leave the sect for the Demon Realm. One of the rather more touching moments is when MC decides to side with ML against all of humanity despite himself (since ML is anti-humanity). Though to be honest, most of the humans in the novel seem to be douchebags. Or maybe I'm biased because The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System is my favorite novel and features a healthy mix of nice people and mean people on both sides of the human/demon fence.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to add. Yes, we get some ML POV. It usually happens when MC is sleeping.

14. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are tling it then of course its your fav novel <3:p

Do we see how their relasionship was like in the past? ...or how the ml came to care for the mc...or how sad he was over his death (with either flashbacks or coments)

(if i see a cute kid worrying over his teacher and/or taking care of him when sick or injured then i will happily head over to (soft) yaoi land with no regrets :D)

how did he end up forgiving the ml ?

scriptor and kiara8 like this.
  15. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Had to skim through MTL again lol, but here you go:

We see comments mostly with their past relationship, usually from ML's POV. MC wasn't as close with ML as he is after going back in time with him, but he was still the closest person to ML even then. ML was very sad: he had two obsessions in life. 1st one was the master who was his salvation and after transmigrating, the day of transmigration because he had his master back. He didn't count on the time rewind technique going so far back but boy, you can bet he was happy. One of his past comments really gives you a gut-punch: he actually held his master's 'cooling body' in his arms... So he was this close to being in time to saving his master back then... T^T

I think his master has some problem with his cultivation, one that gives him extreme pain and in the long run would have taken his life anyway. So our ML nightly infuses our MC with some energy to help out with this problem. Not sure if this counts as sickness or injury lol. But cute little kid ML definitely tries to take care of MC in his own way.

And yeah, The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System is my favorite novel. I like it even better than Founder of Diabolism, which boggles me sometimes ahahaha.

16. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looks interesting, so do MC and ML share equal time as the "main character" of the story...? sounds like it if it comes from different POVs

you have a long list @winter-t. slight hijacking thread but have you read 读者和主角绝逼是真爱 before?
    it's complete and really popular, has a webmanga version too
    story of a webnovel fan who ends up in the webnovel "mixed blood" 《混血》and befriends the protagonist. MC has "reset" system that restores his body and belongings to its original state every midnight. it's important b/c he's actually deaf and needs hearing aids, so every day when his batteries run out he's left unable to hear anything for 1/3 of the day. there's other interesting stuff too but judging by your list i think you'd enjoy this one.

also, even the author's notes for this novel are hilarious and worth reading every chapter. he makes like OOC skits with the MC, the ML, and the "author."

kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  17. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorta, lol. This novel seems to adhere to '3rd person' pretty well. You get more from ML's POV than from some other novels. They don't share equal time though, MC still has more screentime.

kasen likes this.
  18. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    D: what are you people doing to my heart!! *cries and noms cookies*

I havent read the villain novel yet so i cant offer an opinion about it but it has the same author as the founder and i loved the spoilers so far :D
    I wonder if the author has any more novels??

did the mc ever took the ml for an adventure in order to train before he found out he also came back in time?....The ml must have trained himshelf to have a poker face when his teacher over spoils him or trying to teach him things he already knows <3

kiara8 and scriptor like this.
  19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, welcome to the club ahahaha~

Honestly, I suck at reading actual Chinese characters and get by using MTL and pinyin. I dunno if the author for Founder and Scum Villain has written other stuff but I'd think so. Hint: throw them my way if you get your hands on them and I'll MTL summarize for you. XD

Mmm... I'm not sure if it was a training adventure per say, but they were definitely away from the sect when MC found out. I think they were digging into MC's mysterious parentage when it happened.

ML is extremely black-bellied. He doesn't need to have a poker face because he already has one lol. Like an actor. He flips expressions like a conman flips cards.

swordfish and alexfilia like this.
  20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's mysterious parentage??

alexfilia likes this.