Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    pffff i wont be suprised if the mc tried to match make the ml with cute girls :D and the ml had to go because he didnt want to dissapoint his teacher despite not wanting to and sulking :D ...i remember the ml got jealous of his jounior sister once right? (there was something about horse riding)....i have a feeling the mc over spoiled the ml :p

If their relationship was this good from the start now i see why they were both heartbroken after the cliff T.T

Aeli, Boinkers, bluep and 3 others like this.
  2. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    //Hugs even more harder ❣╰(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)╯❣

puppy power; no one is infallible esp MC imo (♡´艸`) case in point- MC often wants to pet ML's head; if ML had puppy ears, MC would be scratching behind them too, I bet.
    Speaking of cute and pure, I love how ML and MC can be so adorably light-hearted with each other.
    • MC poking fun at ML that time by calling him a young hero which makes ML go all red in the face like whaaa
    • ML teasing MC when he saw that MC was staring at (worrying for) him as they were departing for the Immortals Union Convention/Assembly/Meet-up lol "Is it nice to stare at me"
    Also, god, the way ML gets jealous everytime he notices ML staring at beautiful women kill me with laughter. ~ch 69, ML' speaks to MC in a low voice "Shi zun, [is she] pretty?" and how the sour smell (of all the vinegar ML was eating) was described to be floating around within a radius of 10 li (approx. ~6.5km)
    Mind you, this is MC only staring at the poor woman.

I think you've essentially summed up their relationship. They had their misunderstandings but endured it by holding onto their shared desire to try and patch things better. Whereas, original!MC had already given up.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Fuyuneko, Aeli, Boinkers and 5 others like this.
  3. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HUUUUUUUG (⸝⸝⍢⸝⸝) ෆ
    Oh no! Fellow Comrade, you can't die of cuteness yet! There's so much more goody sugary cuteness to behoooooooold - fight that diabetus!

Ooh very true, it's hard to tell which chinese characters signify the name of people/things/places without knowing beforehand when tackling the mtl so this thread literally saved my life when I decided hot damn the plot sounded hella interesting and dived into reading.. Best decision ever, but my tower of notes and textbooks disagree with me;;

4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link

Yeah... it was very heartbreaking on both sides... ;-;

Yup, the MC got pretty excited whenever he saw one of ML's harem members. He's all 'oooooh, harem member #---" spotted! And then he would secretly cheer for their hook-up and spy on them while ML is eating vinegar, thinking his precious master is staring at a pretty girl because he likes her. Of course, this is all while ML is still a little bun -- our MC is too busy running away after the ravine incident to pay much attention lol, he doesn't want to be turned into a human stick. XD

Actually, MC doesn't spoil the ML as much as you think. Our MC really only gives him the necessities and some extra care and kindness. You have to remember what an insanely difficult childhood the ML went through (you'll see in chapter 1 once I post it, it's really ridiculous). Even that bit of kindness is overwhelming to the ML because he didn't even have that bit before MC... You also have to remember that as soft as MC is towards ML, his teaching style with him verges more towards 'tough love.'

I know, right? MTL gives you the weirdest translations for names and places. Like when did a country's name pop up in there? It's only after I match it up with pinyin that I figure out what a huge error the MTL made lol. XD

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Fuyuneko, Aeli, swordfish and 7 others like this.
  5. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^ Blue forget the machine agrees with you :D (i actually got used to the name lol o_O)

Awww can i hug both of them <3.....hehe the ml must get jelous a lot (before and after :p) since his teacher is so popular :D

Aeli, Boinkers, bluep and 2 others like this.
  6. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, don't remind me. Those crazy name translations... I'm scarred forever ahahahaha~

Yes... the MC (I checked with ppl on translator's thread, it really is 'Shen' rather than 'Chen' as a name) is unexpectedly popular. There are people who have crushes on him left and right so ML's vinegar-eating never ends...

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, if ML was still a little bun, then wouldn't the other harem members little buns as well? How did he recognized them? Or is this novel where they cultivate to become immortal so they can retain their youth?

Aeli, bluep, kly and 2 others like this.
  8. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the mc threw the ml off the cliff? (did he cry?) ...did the ml tried to ask him why he is doing it?...did the mc watch the ml fall (dramaticly)
    (i think i read somewhere that he stabbed him???...i'm not really sure i got that part right)

swordfish, bluep, kly and 2 others like this.
  9. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, at that point in time (while ML is a bun) the love interests are all buns too. MC knows them through system (I think it notifies him about significant characters), through their names, and sometimes how they look. The girls have distinctive styles.

This novel is xuanhuan/xianxia (not sure how to differentiate those two genres) so people can cultivate to become immortal. Our MC AKA 'Shen Qingqiu' is also an immortal. He's stuck looking around 20-something years old forever. This is how our ML can catch up to him in age appearance-wise.

I don't wanna spoil that scene too much (so much drama <3) but yes, our MC stabbed the ML. It was entirely accidental though. Our MC actually wanted to threaten the ML off into the ravine/cliff but in the process of waving his sword around, accidentally stabbed the ML. He watched the ML go down. T^T

ML asked MC after the ravine incident (when he comes back) if he regrets it. MC is given some response choices by the system and chooses '...' which nets him like 10 Philosophy points and makes him want to vomit blood. MC grieved pretty heavily and visibly after ML fell down even though he had to do it.

Aeli, swordfish, Boinkers and 7 others like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    So ML thought that MZc is a lolicon? Lol

kly likes this.
  11. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    when mc throws the ml into dangerous sitiouasions in order to grow does he comfront him afterwards?(like does the ml go running to the mc while crying after the danger has passed?)....also is there anyone else the mc teaches?

Misaki Yata, bluep, kly and 1 other person like this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I think there was one lady who was like the MC and an Immortal (adult). She's really the only one that ML gets jealous of when ML is still a little bun.

ML doesn't always run to the MC crying lol. ML has the waterworks usually when he's feeling strong emotions, which is why MC says he has a maiden's heart. XD

MC is a Peak Lord in the sect -- you have main head (lord over entire sect) and several sub-heads who are the Peak Lords. They're called Peak Lords because the mountains that are the home of the sect have several peaks and a Lord occupies each one. As a Peak Lord, MC has a bunch of disciples. So yes, MC teaches people other than the MC. ML is just one of his disciples.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Boinkers, Misaki Yata, bluep and 5 others like this.
  13. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Truthfully, I must confess that because of how much MC tends to think about ML, I easily forget that his thoughts don't translate to actions - rather, because ML's been starved for care and attention since he was young, the moments when he's just genuinely happy that MC (a figure of authority and great respect in his eyes) doesn't shun him are moments that I tear up a little tbh. (۶ꈨຶꎁꈨຶ )۶ SO PRECIOUS
    You're right on the dot though, Scriptor, about MC's style resembling more of Tough Love than anything else (too OOC for the system to handle otherwise XP)

HAHAHA omg, how many times have I seen the name of foreign countries or random expletives pop up in mtl for so many novels? It's makes for an interesting moment when all that pent up frustration/tension/angst kinda just...drains away because of the huge confusion XD

At some point idk when, Wei no envy became a name I recognised over the original Wei Wu Xian to the point that every time I thought of the MC, Wei no envy came to mind instead;;; oops (;^◇^;)

Thanks for clarifying about MC's name - the mtl confusion never seems to ends but FOR THE STORY, PERSEVERE (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧ I couldn't help feeling very despondent for the original!MC because of how unpopular he actually was compared to our MC who didn't have to be overly doting to become so well-like by so many people - if original!MC was just more open and less insecure then he'd have been content imo...;o; but that's probably overly-simplifying the complexities of his character. I guess, reading about the characters I've come to treasure so much get hurt is a great punch in the gut every time. "orz

OT but, I'm really mad about the words MC said before he stabbed ML at the ravine - I mean, I recall that ML did consult MC on his stance regarding the demon people and their arts? And MC did say that not all demon arts is evil but rather it depends on the intentions of the people using it? (intensely paraphrasing) So the ML took it as an okay to learn and practise under the dream demon(???) but MC makes an about face at the ravine - he got so angry/upset with the ML for practising that even though he knew ML was half demon himself (unusual parentage). I mean, I know he was putting up a front and tough love but idk, my heart won't let it goooooo. (ಥ⌣ಥ)

P.S. so sorry for the wall of text;;

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Aeli, Misaki Yata, bluep and 3 others like this.
  14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    That's actually one of the major misunderstandings and it seems like you fell into the same trap as the ML lol. ML thought the MC was being angry and disapproving -- in reality the MC did accept it. He knows the plot after all. He's not even angry. It's just that from the ML's POV it seemed like he was. Combination of ML's knowledge of how taboo it is for a Righteous sect member to dip into Demonic techniques, MC's ambiguous words, and MC making a move to 'push' ML off into the ravine: all of it added up to 'he's angry and highly DISAPPROVING. To the point he wants my life.' And of course our MC's accidental stabbing didn't help any.

Aeli, swordfish, Misaki Yata and 4 others like this.
  15. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    waitwaitwaitwait oh man, I fall into traps waaaay too easily - I mean, I figured MC wouldn't have meant what he said in the way ML thought he did, but I guess MC's words and clever use of silences was too vague for me as well...

Thanks for clarifying though, your explanation seems to align more with MC's character really. I kept thinking that getting upset/angry was a bit strange for the MC but I never questioned the mtl, which is a huge boo-boo in the mtl world OTL

scriptor and alexfilia like this.
  16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    MC doesn't get angry that easily lol, internally freaking out/tsukkomi is more in his style. I think ML mentions this at one point, but MC doesn't talk much and is perpetually calm for the most part. AKA, he's a bit deadpan. LOL

Now imagine that expressionless face going up to you and then doing some stabbing. What are you going to assume in ML's shoes? XDDDD

MC doesn't intentionally shoot for the silences usually. It's because of the system (sometimes it limits him to multiple choice), MC having no words to say (having to do something so ouchie to the ML is something he can't avoid and can't regret; therefore can't even apologize for without being insincere), and the fact that our MC seems to be rather like original!Shen Qingqiu in SOME personality quirks. I don't feel like our MC is a big fan of making noise either. He also likes to read (fitting since he's settled down in the Peak known for its scholars), likes calm, and likes to look cool. Granted, our MC likes to look cool but dislikes having to trample over other people to do it. ^^

Attica, Aeli, Fluted_Trash and 8 others like this.
  17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    *teary puppy dog eyes* ...but...i must resist.... asking more questions....*faints*

You mentioned before the ml likes doing wiffey things like cooking :D ....does he try to win over the mc by doing housework a lot?

18. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the MC always using the system's choices or does that only pop up during events?

kly likes this.
  19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. One of the ways they get close is because ML cooks. He grew up taking care of his foster mother and it's a way for him to express his feelingsssss... He's so similar to those girls in shoujo manga. XD

He fed a dish to the unknowing MC and he was, 'hey, this is actually pretty good.' And ML drops the reveal and MC chokes. Because who'd expect that 'cool' protag to do something like this? XD

The MC is given free reign except when he's given a major task (kinda like main quest line in RPGs). The system choices don't always pop up either, they only show up during certain events or in certain situations.

Aeli, swordfish, Boinkers and 5 others like this.
  20. lalalyly

lalalyly Digging translating pits and jumping into them.

Reading List:
    Link
    ...secretly puts this on my to-read pile.....

I think that there should be a note that the 'human stick' is an ancient form of torture where the limbs are removed. All that's left is the head on the torso.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    bluep, alexfilia, kly and 2 others like this.