What do you think I should do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shianthiestrada, May 3, 2017.

1. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I am studying medicine and it was going pretty well until the 6th semester. I failed a subject (I haven't take it again for various reasons) and then I took 3 subjects on summer (I failed 2 of them). One of them is endocrinology and I got 7 the past semester but I failed hematology again. It wasn't that bad, I new I could take it again this semester (we are allowed to failed 2 times the same subject) and I had certain confidence but I just took the final exam and I don't know what to think anymore... I already failed 2 times and I'm NOT allowed to do it again

I don't want to be a the kind of girl that doesn't work nor study and I don't have the face to talk to my mom nor to ask her to let me try an other university

T______T

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  2. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it depends on what you want I think, is university and its boons important enough for you to leave your face in the ground? If yes then do it, it'll be hard but postergating simply makes difficult desicions even harder.

Or talk to people in your university and see if there's a way to keep at it. You seem to have a good record and small amount of classes that you find difficult.

3. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Next time you think you are going to fail a subject, just withdraw from it, as this is not counted as failing and doesn't affect your gpa.

4. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should be honest to your parents and consult to them instead asking us..

Dupe2718 likes this.
  5. Xixi

Xixi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's already amazing your taking medicine, i kotow to you, I don't have the courage to study med

asriu and shianthiestrada like this.
  6. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    In fact endocrinology was pretty easy I just wasn't in the mood to study but the next semester I still approved it. I really want to go on but if I failed this time I don't know if I would be possible to approve it the next semester and I'm fed with hematology

7. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    I know but I just don't have the face to tell her...

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk.. Do the entrance exam again for your university and then do a transfer credits? It works for drop out students in my uni.. Anyway the first person you should consult is your academic consultant.. you have one of those right?

shianthiestrada likes this.
  9. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    I do but my situation can only be fixed 3 ways

- I approved the exam
    - I present an extraordinary and approve it
    - To written a letter in which I apologise to be failure as an student and take the subject again

I did study but his exams are made to fuck me (or that's how I feel) and I don't have enough confidence to take an extraordinary if it's something similar

The apologise letter is a NO...

10. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't do that :'( but I wouldn't even if I could... I hate that subject I don't want to take it ever again

11. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oww... I know it's hard and shameful to tell them, but you still need to tell them no matter what, even if you get scolded after telling them (which is what you deserved when you fail *I'm not cruel, but that's how the world work* )(some parent will not) , they usually will found us a good solution and will lift some burden on your back.. and even if you choose to not tell them right now, you will tell need to tell them in the future which is obviously better tell them now than later so your burden will lift up faster..

Dupe2718 likes this.
  12. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh why not just apologise? That seems easier than the other alternatives. No matter how I see it you can't avoid taking the subject.. unless its not a mandatory subject then idk why you took it two times.

13. saffu

saffu dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, person that I've never met that's recounting my life story!

I suggest you wait for your final exam results before adopting a fatalistic attitude like this. If you do fail, just man up and tell your mum. Ask yourself: Is it worse to swallow your pride and admit that you didn't do well, or to become a useless NEET?

Dupe2718 likes this.
  14. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't become a NEET ever I would do anything to try to get a job and live by myself... If that fails I don't know, I'd probably suicide

15. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I'm not confident to approve it anymore

16. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, shape the fuck up. What's with this whiny, pessimistic emo shit? No doctor would survive the stress their job brings if they were all this sensitive.

Second, what's with this "face" crap? "Face" doesn't mean anything. You think that even if you pass the tests and manage to become a doctor, you'll suddenly have this "face" you're talking about? Well guess what: You won't. No newbie doctor has any "face" to show. All of them, and i do mean all of them bow to the patients, bow to their seniors, bow to get funding, bow to not get fired, bow to get backing, bow to find a stable post anywhere they can. No amount of "face" will survive all that if you're so dependent on it.

Third, being a doctor isn't rainbow and sunshine. Yeah, it's a great feeling to heal someone, to save lives, to bring happiness to your patients and maybe make lots of money in the process. But the other side of the coin is that you have long hours of continuous work, moving from patient to patient, always on the edge in case you miss a detail that makes the difference between life and death. And yes, some of your patients will die and you will have to face their families and throw away your "face" and apologize for your lack of ability. So "face" means nothing, no matter how much you like it.
    You'll also be caught up in the politics between pharmaceutical companies trying to sell their shit, the hospital looking to maximize their profit at the expense of everyone else (including you), seniors looking to establish their dominance, colleagues trying to get ahead and stupid patients screaming at you for stupid reasons that can get you fired.

Doctors are heartless. They need to be heartless in order to survive. You think this stress about not passing a test is worth thinking of suicide? A doctor will think about suicide every time they fail, every time a patient dies and every time they're on call on a busy, endless, 48-hour day. Yet they keep going, they have to keep going because a doctor never quits.

If you don't think you can harden your heart enough to be able to handle something like that, find another path. Doctors aren't rare because it's expensive to learn, they're rare because most people can't handle the job that comes with the "face" they so desperately seek.

So you can either be strong, have confidence in yourself, clear your mind and properly reevaluate your options or lose yourself in desperation and give up.

Believe in you that worked so hard until now, and it is hard work because few can tackle the difficult path of becoming a doctor, and try to exhaust all options, no matter how impossible they may seem. Because the paths in life never end... they will branch off to something different, but they never end, always giving a chance to escape to those willing to accept it.

Remember, clear mind, be confident and don't give in to desperation.

Astaroth, HavekZero, Damyabo and 11 others like this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    as @honglath stated~ face? can you eat it? respect is gained from hard work~ what have you done so you are good enough to gain "face"?
    IMO for something like write apologize letter cuz you fail from uni test level and say it to your mom is nothing to be afraid of~
    yes you may make your mom sad or angry for that but that's all~ it's not the end of the world~ be honest to her and say why you feel you failed~
    if I say if you fail again just face it~ you still young~ it's normal to make mistake~
    90% my fellow classmate and acquaintance on uni think I will dropout but they wrong~ most of them think since my grade is poor I just get job on something like archive section, stay there forever and they wrong again~ I put lot of hard work and persistence to make they know I'm worth to gain respect~ those face thing~ I need 5 years to realize I'm not fit on my work despite it good wage before I quit and now I still alive and work on other place~ not as good as previous place but good enough to make me can live by myself~
    compare losing good income on good work place to say to your mom that " mom I fail on test maybe this uni is not good for me" you can guess which one more difficult~
    it's not the end of the world if you fail uni test~ after you did your very best for it~
    put it bluntly there a lot of people who not attend uni but they still can work even create workplace for other~
    just give it your all and think the result later~ 19633.png

honglath, Mahapatih and Dupe2718 like this.
  18. Dupe2718

Dupe2718 Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    This Lord bows down.
    This is platinum.

/Thread

Haevrus likes this.
  19. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link