Recommendations Op Mc or Almost

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lock95, May 3, 2017.

1. Lock95

Lock95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read it about when he get s the bunny girl , is it before?

2. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm one girl reincarnate that left right after first arc was done the next is zombie.... so no totally no romance as far I can see.

3. Lock95

Lock95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    k ty , dunno why people started hating harem , i find pretty nice , and really good when the story is good...

4. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh you know first time reading such story is awesome second time great third time ok and fourth... usually shouting go die. It is just us humans wanting something new but getting same thing in new package. Well such is life. In that manga about drawing manga they wrote there are two types of mangaka. Those who draw whatever they want and hope for success and those that copy those with success. And of course there is a limit how many copies one can stomach.

5. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean after he accept the bunny girl or after he met the bunny girl? Anyway, its after both.

6. Lock95

Lock95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    true but i think someone can come with a new harem story and still be good , i think i could be done again , it s just that some people like 2 copy or dont use their mind , i like harem cause it s 90% not ntr or drama , it s funny , it has romance and if 1 of the girls get s hurt 50% the mc goes berserk wich i like ....

7. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
  8. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    not bad? i mean it didnt happen out of nowhere and there was likely a lot of characterisation to it, its not like it happened out of nowhere. just because most readers around have the mentality of highschool boys, doesnt mean the authors intended audience was like that... gu longs audience was usually mature and he likely didnt really care about teens... so its not really surprising that you and most readers around look down on it and other novels that have ntr in a serious setting...

9. Lock95

Lock95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude i don t really talk about taste but , what would the point be if u read ntr? or drama etc.. i mean sure i read novels with harem/op ms's cause i like them and if i could i would be the op mc i would and so on , but what about ntr and such? what is the point? i just don t understand really , don t get me wrong i have books wich are not harem just romance , like Transcending the Nine Heavens and it is SUPERB but really why do people like to get hurt/pain , i mean i don t really like when my gf sleeps with another guy or dies so?...
    You may say that i take this to seriously , but really i think many people dream of having money , powers, girls etc...
    But can you dream about ntr?
    just my pov it s the first time in years that i said my pov in this area ...lol

10. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    also sorry about the massive wall of text... just ignore it if you feel like you cant be bothered with it... i was just making a point...

its storytelling, if everything is happy go lucky would it be taken seriously? (i know that most webnovels are not to be taken seriously) but look at the setting of A Step into the Past (not a webnovel actual novel), ancient china where if you didnt have the power or power play occurred holding down to a pretty woman was nearly impossible, if you read The Grandmaster Strategist where it is portrayed very well, (not the mc otherwise i know that it would already be a scandal) an
    officials wife was raped and continued to serve the man that raped her although she hated it because it would cause too much of an issue...

look at kingdom the manga if you havent read it i will put it under the spoiler just in case
    look at what was happening there, her lover sold her, for himself to advance in politics, so she fell into debauchery, i know its not around the mc but it was portrayed how it was... also i know its not actual netorare but netorase but nearly the same thing

there are different kinds of people that can take their stories to different kinds of levels, for example people say that only chinese stories have rape in them, i call that bullshit because i have read multiple western novels that have rape in it and it was even on the borderline of ntr and it didnt disgust because i knew that the author could go to the extreme to show true mature portrayal, instead of those novels that people read where the mc swoops in at the last moment to save the day, those types are the worst (most of the time, there are few authors that wouldnt put the female in a dangerous position so they avoid the swooping in at the last moment), i could make more examples where characterisation could actually have happened in cn xianxia novels if the author wasnt a pussy about it, but i understand that they would rather make it a shitty cliche aspect than loose the teenager audience... and the characterization i mean is not just about the mc having to truly suffer and then overcome it, i mean the trauma the side characters would experience wouldnt be small and by overcoming them could they be even greater...

also what 95% of xianxia/xuanhuan/qihuan novels have around isnt romance, its because most male readers havent read a proper romance because they look down on them, its cause of that, they assume that its romance, also i do get why you wouldnt want to imagine your girlfriend cheating on you, but are you going to avoid the subject for your entire life? maybe it doesnt happen to you, but someone around you, are you going to say oh well its ntr i am not getting involved...

also please understand that i am just making an example, just because people cant comprehend it doesnt mean its bad writing on the other hand its superb writing, but like i said catering to different audiences, gu long or even author of Soaring the Heavens was willing to make the choice of adding ntr even though he (well gu long probably didnt care because his novels were printed in the newspaper they would read it either way) but the author of soaring the heavens knew that the ratings would plummet and about 50% of readers would abandon him but still went with it, because the setting of the novel was perfect for adding an ntr, to be honest if the ntr was in a modern setting i would likely be a bit turned off from the novel but if it happens in an ancient like setting, i am more than willing to experience it because such levels of maturity was likely experienced in those times.

also dreaming is dreaming actual storytelling is different from dreaming, which is why i think that most chinese webnovel writes take the easy route but this route will not work forever, at some point authors will have to realise, that poor characterisation because they want to avoid making an extreme choice, will likely not get them to those top spots anymore... its similar in real life, where people that have suffered, are stronger mentally because they have managed to overcome their hurdles, it doesnt matter what route they took to overcome them, they grew stronger because of the suffering that was implicated on them, those that avoid any kind of suffering and even if they suffer suppress it are the weak ones... i know that reading about tragedy or ntr very often is not a good choice, but once in a while, a novel like A Step into the Past, soaring the heavens or even reality shows that bring about those, provide with people the knowledge how others suffer and perhaps, they could relate on a small part, i know that relating to those that got cheated on is unlikely, but knowing how they dealt with the pain is always a good experience...

and lastly its just my point of view like you said, so if you take it seriously or not i guess doesnt really matter.

also sorry about the massive wall of text... just ignore it if you feel like you cant be bothered with it... i was just making a point...

11. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably a bad example there. TTNH is harem.

Edit:
    Also, as recommendations:
    Long Live Summons!
    Otherworldly Evil Monarch

Here you can find more information about how to make your reading list and how it works:
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/reading-list-tutorial.3120/

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  12. Lock95

Lock95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don t care of the wall of text if u can undestand my shi t eng and my pov that s good for me ... what can i say is that you can look and bright side and the bad side , depends wich u look or like , so in my case why would you like about dark side /ntr/drama/pople you love dying on you ?
    Maybe you read those cause u are interested , but me? i put some soul in what i read and further i read the more i do so ...
    Btw let me tell you this ( i am kinda drinking right now so hope you undestand)
    It was this girl which had gone through torture even rape but she didnt tell the bad guy where the mc is , i was kind 50%50 if i should drop this but i keep reading , to tell me in the end the girl choose to get another guy to be happy, at this point i emailed the author and i said :
    -Dude you said the he is the light for her , that she could not leave with out him , he solves her trauma of that rape for her , how could just pick that guy and she s half happy with him?
    And he says- I m sorry but this is not for the weak hearted it s just that it s best this way cause they dont belong on the same world
    And i was like wtf you say thing like that you go on develop their story for so much time and then you fk me with this lol?
    So what can i say is that if you just read for fun , i kinda/think i understand the fans or people who read ntr, but what about those who put their feeling into it?
    And you talked about ancient times , im sure that are some people ore some pov who look at the bright side , just saying , i understand youre point and ure kinda the first person to debate or talk this with me and i like it! thanks! ( going 2 sleep see ya tommrow) xD

13. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    good for you pal,