Recommendations Recommendations with *SPOILERS* please

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by FlowingSong, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlowingSong

FlowingSong Otome Isekai Reader and Trash ML Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    HI! Well I think we all know CD is about to end within 10 - 20 days and I think I need a new (SHOUNEN/WUXIA/VRMMORPG/ROMANCE/SHOUJO/MARTIAL ARTS) novel to read. I'm in for most genres as long as the lead gradually becomes strong (Breaker anyone?) even if it's shoujo like she gets bullied too often in the palace MC FINALLY stands up for herself that kind of stuff. So please recommend some with your own description and spill spoilers if you think it would be more inviting if you do! I don't mind reading even if I know what's gonna happen next like tell if Haoyue can fly at some point or if Tang San will have 9 red rings or tell me why I should read ATG/Peerless Martial God/etc. Thanks!

Ps. No yaoi please.

I've read or am reading these btw:
    Coiling Dragon
    Battle Through the Heavens (manhua)
    Douluo Dalu
    Martial God Asura
    Stellar Transformations
    The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
    Ark/Ark The Legend
    Shen Yin Wang Zuo
    Zhan Long
    My Father in Law is Lu Bu

Our Second Master
    Husband Be a Gentle Man
    The Demonic King Chases His Wife: The Rebellious Good-for-Nothing Miss
    My Disciple Died Yet Again

2. Brenterrou

Brenterrou New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll give you my standard recommendations.
    To be a Virtious wife, Chu Wang Fei , Mei Gongqing

All three of these are female perspective, and they all deal with politic's , ones a reincarnated female that doesn't really play much of a role, and its just basically a female in ancient Chinese noble life.
    If these don't get your interest my reading list is pretty huge and I have a taste of everything cept yaoi.. meh I'll leave it here

Mrgameandwatch77 and Shio like this.
  4. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link

SAMPLE SAMPLE! XD

Hi! can you give me your fave line from MC? ahahaha I didn't know he was a smooth person though, this is why I ask for opinions because the synopsis is treacherous XD thanks btw!

5. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    tales of demon and gods( fucks with people alot)
    Wu Dong Qian Kun( good action ln)
    long live summon( trolliest main character)
    Peerless Martial God ( good action ln)
    law of devil ( different take on reincarnation but is still good)
    I Shall Seal the Heavens ( one of the best wuxia light novels i have read has the best character development and has good comedy)

erichninja likes this.
  6. mmsupreme

Reading List:
    Link
    But you don’t need to be so scared, I won’t actually kill you; after all, you’ve called me grandpa so affectionately for a few days already and even vowed to be filial to me for your entire life… Heh heh, even a cruel tiger wouldn’t eat its offsprings; how could I, your grandpa, kill my good grandson. Grandpa will let you lay comfortably on your bed for your entire life, and let you reminisce your grandpa’s kindness for a lifetime

7. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link

THANKS I have been searching everywhere for Chu Wang Fei, i always get lost in another historical romance before I get to read it! And then I forget what's the name of that novel. Your list though.... I want that list

8. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link

why did i not read this before? ahahaha

9. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Live Summons! is new to me, but I wanna try something new since CD will leave me broken. Thanks!
    Wu Dong Qian Kun talk about BTTH sequel, so is this set in BTTH universe and like mentions BTTH characters?

10. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't put much thought into it but recently there was a quote from ATG that I really liked. It was “No matter what I lose, as long as I don’t lose my life, as long as I am still alive, then there is hope for getting it all back. Life is the greatest hope of all. When you are alive, anything is possible!”

11. BusyBee

BusyBee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. mmsupreme

Reading List:
    Link
    wdqk doesnt really mention BTTH its probably like the difference between Stellar Transformation and Coiling Dragon where you have to know how Coiling Dragon ends to understand how it connects with Stellar Transformation. you can read both of them like their own story really

13. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH

“Snow will only appear during winter,” he said quietly, “and can only exist in the cold wind. Therefore, its life exists only during the depths of winter.” He pulled his hand back into the carriage and held it next to the copper oven. The snow began to melt, turning into water, which flowed through the creases of his palm.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….” He raised his hand back up and brushed the water off outside the window. There, beyond the vision of the young scholar, it once again became snow.

-Meng Hao

14. mmsupreme

Reading List:
    Link
    a better quote for ISSTH is "Adultery! That guy and Chu Yuyan committed adultery! She was even wearing his clothes" the aftermath and 3rd book is the best but the plot twist in the first book is also top notch the 2nd book is more along the epic side

15. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Early Fatty-Meng Hao conversation is the point I knew ISSTH would own.

“Well, how is it?” panted the fat teenager as he ran up. Though fat, his body was strong.

“I still can’t disseminate it throughout my entire body,” said Meng Hao with a laugh. “But I’m quite confident that within a month, I’ll be able to reach the first stage of Qi Condensation.” Belief filled his demeanor.

“What I meant was, how is the chicken?” He licked his lips as he looked at the bonfire.

16. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    I also don't like Chu Feng though I'm hoping he'll change since he wasn't like that from the beginning right? At first he was like I'll only fight if I'm forced to, but now he's like a war veteran who hasn't gotten over the war and flips at the slightest provocation shooting everyone in sight. It's understandable given his background but still, I find him overbearing and drunk in his prowess. The novel itself has some potential and I'm still at the early chapters so yea, to me it's just the protagonist is still young and arrogant. If I were honest though, I'm comparing him to Linley every Goddamn time he kills someone for no better reason. Specially when Linley said He wouldn't stand someone who would sacrifice a million lives and Chu feng would massacre the whole world if the world provokes him. I'm just hoping his arrogance would somehow change and if he can be a 'funny-overbearing' protagonist instead. Thanks for informing me though XD. I have to watch out it seems. But ATG seems like it's a fun novel with a smooth protagonist.

17. Minma

Minma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give me plz the chapter were u found that quote i'fe been searching for it but too many chapters i give up >.<

18. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a problem. Don't hesitate to send me a private message or something if you ever need something. If you can pin down what you want I can most likely find you something. My list does grow by the day. ^_^. And my list grew over time <3 Don't stress out too much about it you'll get here soon enough.

19. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Minma likes this.
  20. Sirming

Sirming Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are only two ultimate goals that a man pursues; one is to conquer the world, the other is to conquer women. To conquer the world is to reach a new height in life, but to conquer women, is to embellish the scenery of life. If one isn’t able to conquer the women that he wants, even if he conquered the entire world, he would still be at a lonely summit, and experience loneliness everywhere.

Yun Che

MapleKaiser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.