LCD In a Different World with a Smartphone

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 23, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C5: I wonder if he'll ever look up his own obituary.

C7:"I feel killing intent from our right hand side. Clearly filled with hostility." My, I never would have guessed.

C8: Can't he just watch the movie illegally later? Something tells me he won't get in trouble for it ;)

Though, that does bring up an interesting point: Can his phone get viruses?

C9: Well, he could probably get recruited by the country of his choice based solely on his 7 attributes. I'm sure they'd be happy to train him to use more complicated spells, feed, clothe, house, etc. him. I'll be shocked if it goes that way though.

C10: I really thought it would take them longer to get to the cooking section that these stories always have ;)

C18: Is it just me, or was that coat a bit on the cheap side? I know it had a major disadvantage, but given the supposed rarity of enchanted gear, and the highly useful nature of it for people who know how to plan ahead, it still seems a bit too low.

C24: So, resorting to murder in the middle of the palace. That's a pretty extreme step for the MC to take.

C25: It occurs to me that he could be using Recovery to heal commoners in situations similar to the Duke's wife, and yet, there's no sign that its even occurred to him. I guess non-nobles who aren't cute girls just don't matter.

C30: Am I the only one that expected the tiger to turn into a loli? Or to be a Dragon? ;)

C: Using dragon bone to make a gun seems like a complete waste of the material. It would have been much better to use it for weapons/armor for the vanguards and use iron or steel for the guns. Also, he should at least have considered the impact on society of him inventing guns. Its not like they're hard to make once people are aware its possible after all. They already had all the tools, they just needed the idea, and he just gave it to them.

C: I wonder if there was anyone silly enough to believe that the pickpocket was a boy.

C52: If she turns out to be a princess, I'm going to be very disappointed in the butler. He should definitely know the crests of all the important houses for all the nearby countries.

C66: Couldn't he just search for the transfer formations? He knows exactly what they look like and the last one wasn't shielded, so there's no reason to think the others will be.

C78: I've been thinking this for a while, but why doesn't he just use the phone's map app and its equivalent of Street View to collect the necessary data to Gate to various locations? He just needs to be able to clearly imagine the place right?

C79: How are they going to clean that wall? Also, how did that house not collapse as soon as it arrived at the Garden? It wouldn't have any foundations anymore, or they wouldn't be below ground as they should be.

C80: Seriously? His reaction is "they stole the slaves," not "they rescued the victims of slavers"? What is wrong with this guy?

C83: If the door is opaque, and only he can go through it, how did anyone know there was a formation in there? And, if no one knew, then how did Rin find out?

C88: He can always just tell the shopkeeper the truth: he owns a foreign bookstore and he's filling customer requests. I'm sure it won't be the first time they've done such business if the local women know these series well enough to request them.

C91: So, he steps into a war he knows nothing about, in a country he knows nothing about and instantly sides with the nobles. I really shouldn't be surprised by this any more.

C93: So, why didn't he immediately go back and paralyze the entire army? Or open a Gate under the guy and drop him a few km in the air? Even if the bracelet absorbed the Gate, it probably wouldn't manage it until he was partially through the gate. If that didn't work, then just destroying the floor beneath him for a few km would work too. If he was then buried alive, he'd likely be unable to escape before he suffocated. Or he could just fill the room with poison. That Defense Bracelet wasn't stopping air flow after all.

C95: I'm shocked that the pickpocket wasn't a secret princess.

C102: Castle otakus are probably foaming at the mouth over this whole section and its extreme disregard for the intricacies of castle design.

C118: What kind of morons build a prison that actually allows you to cast magic from within its cells?

C122: Why doesn't he just use Search to search the books for useful spells? It could almost certainly direct him to the correct page of the correct book. Or he could give the books to Rosetta. She may be able to use the Workshop to record and evaluate their contents in short order. Or he could hire a team of researchers to work on if for him, though that's probably the least effective method.

C122: So, he condones public torture as a form of punishment, and doesn't believe there's a need for trials for cases involving foreigners. Not exactly a good way to start your country.

C127: Couldn't he have just asked End to teach him what the King sounded like and then used Search magic to find said King? Once found, they could probably find a way to extract the king core without killing the host.

C128: Didn't he say that he could intervene if the invaders where from another world? Why has that suddenly changed?

C132: Couldn't he just use modeling on a bunch of small stones to make a big one?

C136 I can't help but think that spreading weapons like Frame Gears to other countries is a very bad decision in the long term. Sure, they're friends now, but what about in 2-3 generations? He's far too soft to actually forcefully take the FG's back after all.

C137: So far, this is a pretty blah series. I hardly ever laughed, the plot's non-existent, the internal consistency of logic is weak and neither the characters nor the writing are particularly interesting. Not sure if I'll bother when the next chapter comes out and I totally don't understand how this got an anime.

@holyshin can you link this to the series page?

2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    because of the fan service. . . .

elengee likes this.
  3. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    how to get a waifu with a smart phone in a different world desu~

4. bchen3

bchen3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did he ever think of murder on chapter 24?
    Why would a tiger turn into a dragon?
    Chapter 80, for all he knew, the slaves could've been stolen from the slave trader to be sold by the thieves. There are such things as criminal slaves, so it's also possible that the slaves weren't innocents.
    Chapter 127, it doesn't sound like End knows what exactly the waves were either.
    Chapter 132, I'm pretty sure modeling only changes shape, not fusing many things into a whole.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  5. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    haha, I dropped this after 20 chapter in, because he rarely use his smartphone and the harem bit.

6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow....dedication.

7. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    You clearly don't have any other thing to do. Don't ya?.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    When he cast Slip on someone who was on some stairs and then was upset that they didn't die.

I meant, "Who thought he'd summon a dragon instead of a tiger."

It still shouldn't be his first thought. If it turns out that they are criminal slaves, then sure, they're thieves, but it should never be your first thought if you don't mentally support the institution of slavery.

He was able to match its frequency to destroy the manta ray, that means he can detect the frequency. Even if he can't pinpoint the King, he can teach the MC to recognize the sound, and that's more than enough with his cheat.

Why would you think that? Its basically turning it into putty and shaping it. No reason to believe that multiple pieces of the same substance couldn't be merged. Even if they couldn't though, he could just shape them into a 3D jigsaw-like pattern so that they all connected together in the appropriate shape and then coat that with a single stone. Unless the structure of the stone's molecular bonds matters, that should be good enough.
    I had a bit of time off, but it only took a day and a half.

CountryMage and Haevrus like this.
  9. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    Got it.

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. faerro

faerro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the reviews, and one spoiler mentioned
    The MC being challenged to duels by his harem side characters. Is it true that the MC actually loses against his own party members in these duels?
    I was thinking of picking the series up again, but if the above is true I would rather not bother. The side characters in these Japanese stories crowd out the MCs enough as it is.

11. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No magic duel 2 v 1 against a fist fighter and a swordlady in close combat who know his gun magic based fight style. Dude was completely outmatched simply due to being a magic user for the most part.

12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    He's only thinking of releasing the simulators at this time, releasing the actual weapons is a decision for a later time, after he gets the plans and materials to actually makes some.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Without the simulators, they wouldn't know how to use them. Giving them the simulators makes it much more likely that they or their descendants will be able to successfully steal Frame Gears in the future. Besides, do you really think that he won't gift them FG's after gifting them simulators? Even if he doesn't plan to currently, all they'd have to do is ask him for them and he would do it. He's got practically no willpower when it comes to these kinds of things after all.

14. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    For now the simulators are just a videogame, this would just be like The Last Starfighter movie, scatter the game around, and when he feels like it, he will have pilots for his FGs. He was thinking about what it would be like if every country had their own FGs for defense purposes, but he hasn't actually planned that far.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    c138: I'm not sure if its my memory or the characters, but I honestly can't remember who Elsie and Yae are right now, other than that they're members of his harem.

c139: Wow, that conversation was just way too convenient, and far more helpful than it really needed to be. It basically solved all the MC's problems in under two paragraphs. I mean, what was even the point of him having problems if they were going to be resolved so quickly and easily?

Of course, if he'd wanted to, he could have just had the three main villains have "accidents" and Cloud would have naturally ascended the thrown. It would have been trivially easy for him to do to. He wouldn't have even needed to be on the same continent to make it happen.

c140: I think it would have been better to leave the MC out of the reveal. It'll only create unnecessary complications, or would if this were the sort of series were negative consequences could result from the MC's actions.

I thought he had to touch people to use Gravity on them?

Cloud should just marry the neighboring princess and join the two countries, well assuming they'd be interested in such an arrangement. I think they would though. I mean their country is on the verge of collapse right now by the sound of it, and it would make sense for a variety of other practical reasons. It would just depend on the emotional issues at play really.

c141: I wonder if they're using a standard stadium? If so, I'd think it would be too small and there would be too many home runs.

c142: Are they not disseminating information about how to kill the Fureizu? And if not, why not? There's no harm in it, and letting people know would save a lot of lives.

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he touched the Golems he tested it on in the first place, maybe it just needs to be relatively close, so he can't open a blackhole at a safe distance.
    I have trouble remebering which one is Elsie sometimes, since she has a twin sister, one of them is a mage type, the other is a close range fist fighter. Yae is the female samurai from Ishen, whose family seems to make up most of the MC's armed and covert forces.
    The whole reason he was outed as a son of God, was due to the negative consequences of his actions, he let a girl go back to her zealous country with some blasphemous info.
    That is literally all I could think about while they were describing the political climate between the two countries, and especially after that false prince mentioned the neighboring princess being on his "list."
    Even if you know to aim for the magic cores, it can be very difficult to damage it, especially since magic is absorbed by the outer shell, rendering most attacks and weapons useless. Only way to reduce casualties would be to release MC's OP weapons freely, but that would bring its own problems.

17. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what happens if they use the Fureizu material against the Fureizu...null effect?

Elsie is the gauntlets girl, Lindsey is the magic girl. Yumina is Belfast's princess, Rue is the other princess. What confuses me instead is the countries. I often confuse which one has demi-humans, which one had a rebellion and which one has a BL princess.

He doesn't. It's Slip that needs to touch.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    These distinguishing characteristics were not mentioned in the chapters in question. I was actually looking for them since I knew it would clue me in to who was who.

No, Slip has never needed him to touch.

19. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    He did that, fureizu material gets stronger with stored magic, and it cut through a living one very easily. Mostly due to the fureizu not having gathered much magic, I think.

20. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he does. That's practically why he has "Slip" bullets — to apply Slip at a distance.

I've read that it's practically tougher than any material if it has stored magic. What I'm wondering is when they use the weapon against a live Fureizu. They haven't used it against one as the weapons came from the last one they encountered. Does the Fureizu absorb the magic from the weapon? Does the weapon absorb the Fureizu's defense? If both happens at the same time, does it make both brittle or is it just a stalemate?