Authors' racism

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Rhyel, Mar 9, 2017.

1. qq1357426469

qq1357426469 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    china didn't invade japan.....
    Because Japan was very poor.

2. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    This should be an interesting read:
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2013/04/korea-chinese-history

Anyhow, the current state of hostility between China and South Korea should be mainly because of China intervention during the Korean War.

3. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    They tried, well it was the Mongols specifically but at the time the Mongols were running China so close enough to count.
    Admittedly, it didn't end very well for them. Typhoons are not conducive to naval invasions.

Also the Japanese are most likely descended at least in part from the Yayoi, who probably invaded the island sometime back around 300 BC and slowly pushed out the 'original' Jomen people. Apparently the apocryphal tale of Xu Fu is considered to possibly be referencing this event.

Fortunately, the Japanese were more than happy to repeatedly try to invade China, thus keeping the racial hatreds nice and strong over the millennia.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the Jomon were not "pushed out" by the Yayoi, and there was certainly no invasion. There were many Korean immigrants, but they settled down with the Jomon and had racially mixed descendants. Also, there was a Korean influence in Japan hundreds of years before Xu Fu, so the theory Xu Fu discovered and prompted an invasion of Japan isn't exactly credible. Not to mention modern Japanese have Jomon ancestry. Much more likely is that since there were so many Yayoi immigrants and agricultural life was easier, the Jomon were peacefully supplanted after hundreds of years.

Also, the racial hatred between China and Japan isn't a millennia old; it traces to WWII. Remember how Imperial Japan occupied large swaths of China? That angers Chinese, ya know.

5. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say anything about Xu Fu discovering Japan, I just said that the tale of Xu Fu likely references (or descends if you will) from the Yayoi occupation of Japan. (Fine we won't call it in an invasion then.)

Yes, the modern racial hatred between China and Japan primarily traces to WWII, but that's just because it is human nature to focus on the most recent thing. There have been tensions between China and Japan (and indeed China and most everyone else, empire builders are scary) for a very long time. WWII is the latest friction point, not the only one.

6. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    wow i didnt think this topic reach 7 pages,
    How about Wanpaoshan incident? well it not that big as Nanjing but it do incite bad blood between both country.

7. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose if there were people still alive who were affected by that incident it may count, but my point was more or less that since there was nothing on the scale of Nanjing directly between China and Korea aside from maybe the Korean War (and if that was the reason for the bad blood, why would it be China's turn to be indignant), why do people like the author of IRAS go after Koreans just as hard as they do after the Japanese with their xenophobic hatred? Can incidents like Wanpaoshan or "Koreans being drafted into the Japanese military" really cause that much resentment?

Maybe this is the real reason? Feeling like S Korea is being the Western powers' sock puppet nowadays?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  8. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nowadays, I'd say it's Syria. During the Korean War, the USA, Russia, China & Co used Korea as a gameboard to wage their war. USA were backing South Korea, while Russia and China were backing North Korea. Even today North Korea utterly hates the Americans. While South Korea is antagonistic against China, I won't use the word hate here because China/Korea relationship can't even compare to their respective Korea/Japan or China/Japan relation.

South Korea government had lately put forth effort to stop the hate. Japan and China doesn't, and in fact does the contrary by flaming the hate they had for each other. Japan have a political group which aim is to kick out Korean and Chinese people from Japan, with some of their members saying that they should just kill them all. But this is a small political group, and there is Japanese citizen protesting against these racists.

9. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    @Wujigege said it. There was dark history, injustice, rape.

My parents are Chinese and they tell me bad stories about the Japanese

Imagine your country being raped, your sisters and mothers being raped.

That's just wrong

10. qq1357426469

qq1357426469 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mongolia is a modern country, so that China invaded Japan is not entirely correct. Xu fu is completely a legend, there is no evidence.
    China and Japan do not exist for thousands of years of hatred, in ancient times, China's main enemy is the northern nomadic, Japan is only a small island, he can not even occupy Korea.

11. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes because the Yuan Dynasty definitely had nothing to do with China. Nothing at all. They certainly didn't rule for over a century and eventually assimilate into the greater Han population. It's not like around 10% of modern Chinese descend directly from Ghenghis Khan.
    Nope. Absolutely not.
    (Yes they did.)

Marovus likes this.
  12. tomanonimos

tomanonimos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuan Dynasty invaded Japan. The Yuan Dynasty was the government of China, ruling monarchy of China, and accepted the "Heaven Mandate". So yes China attempted to invade Japan. Any attempts to argue otherwise is nationalistic and ignorant.

Japan can and did occupy Korea multiple times. The only reason they never held on to Korea is because of outside entities essentially forcing Japan to give up Korea. Japan, for a long time, viewed Korea as a stepping stone for further expansion which they have done so continuously in the past.

Marovus likes this.
  13. Ruki

Ruki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's originally intended to be read by chinese people and you know most authors tend to put their own ideals inside their works.

14. jhonny9

jhonny9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the MC's sister? Chi yan find her or killed her?

15. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    A black propaganda but still a propaganda. ( ̄▽ ̄)

16. Saltishy

Saltishy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man you must be brainwashed too much.....why the fuck the government wants those unmatched organs anyway? It's not like Chinese are savages enjoying consuming human dishes.

17. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, I can see it trying to be propaganda or misplaced nationalism but that's what made me drop this novel.