Question Translation Of God And Devil World

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by umair, Jan 21, 2017.

1. umair

umair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately I started this novel and encountered a plethora of errors making my life once again a living hell. The first translator seems to lack an editor thus though he has very good English vocabulary, the grammar is the worst and not to mention the occasional inconsistencies. Almost every sentence is riddled with errors.

I wanted to know whether the multitude of translators who later translated this work are more like the ones translating works like ED, SA or DKCW?

If I started a similar re-edited version for this series, I know I will never be able to read other novels I like so I would rather drop this and pick some other dark novel...

2. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Pick up another dark novel... Go for it!!!
    Remark: People read mtl for novels... Unedited is still better than mtl

Cupcake Ninja and Cfourify like this.
  3. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    i would expect from 193 to have good quality translations as they are on translationnations.com also they have the first 50 chapters there so it is likely that they have been edited as well... but i cant say that for 100% because i dont read it, but the novels i read on their sites always had top notch quality, st, only i shall be immortal, undefeated god of war...

umair likes this.
  4. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The actual translators are pretty good, good transtations, fast releases, and they don't change entire paragraphs because they find it ''too offensive''

umair likes this.
  5. umair

umair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate that too! What's the purpose, I don't understand, the novels are tagged "Mature" for a reason!

6. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    "Unedited" is still much better than 1 chapter a month

rheasa and riane27 like this.
  7. umair

umair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried doing that for a novel, my I got dizzy and frustrated after reading a single line! Can't imagine who would be so muddled/desperate to read that. But well there are many extremists including me in doing otherwise mundane things...

8. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not bad. You should try it and see if it's your taste. The story is like a pattern so I stopped. Imagine the plots are like a circle and the next plot is the same but bigger circle and it keep getting bigger and bigger, but still the same plot.

9. Rapture244

Rapture244 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly !! You are a translator, your job is to translate the exact content of the novel without changing or cutting out some paragraph because they are a bit too *gore* or *mature* because some people find it offensive or hard to read. Then don't fucking read it and don't ask for novel to be changed just because it hurts your feelings...

This generations are starting to become real pussies who can't stand a single drop of blood or a little violence in a novel ! It's not even reality why the fuck would you care :mad:

umair likes this.
  10. umair

umair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I seriously doubt that as I can easily edit a chapter in under 15 minutes. I actually started re-editing this series too and it takes me about 30 minutes to edit each chapter as almost every sentence has 4-5 errors.

11. qinmeng

qinmeng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea seriously unedited is still a lat better than mtl

12. jhonny9

jhonny9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the MC's sister? Chi yan find her or killed her?