Discussion Tankouban or Bunko?! Vote on the poll!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WhiteWolf42, May 9, 2017.

?

Tankouban Hard/Softcover or Bunko Paperback?

1. Tankouban Hard/Softcover

100.0%
  2. Bunko Paperback

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This will be the last time, that I rewrite this thread. Just vote on the poll, you don't need to comment if you don't want to.^^

What would you recomment for buying Light Novels? What would you actually buy? The Tankobon Hard/Softcover (if it's actually avaible) or the Bunko Paperback edition? Both aren't any different in the stories, but there are some small differences in the quality:

Please don't just decide because of the fact that the one is cheaper (and you can't afford much), just what would you prefer (if you could afford it).

1). Tankobon Hard/Softcover: A little big bigger than a normal light novel, easier to read because of the font size, easier to flip the pages, a bit thinner (thickness), much better paper and picture quality, more stable, has a much longer shelf life.

2). Bunko Paperback: Very small (does easily fit in a bag), more pages (because of it's small size, it's also bit thicker because of this), low paper and picture quality (stains, yellowed pages, pictures aren't well printed), doesn't take much place, a little extra by the author (explanation of the world etc., or something other) only in this edition, get's easily worn out, doesn't exist for every LN, if you want it to last a bit or collect it, handling must be very careful, cheaper than the tankobon edition.

(The positive points (for me) are written in this type of writing. I somehow get the feeling there aren't much positive points for the bunko, but the ones I had were like this...)

Anyway, decide for yourself what you think is better, here an example:
    Tankobon Hard/Softcover: Bunko Paperback:

2. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    You can.. just edit your original thread though?.....
    <.< You didn't need to make a new one?

3. Voromir

Voromir Chaotic Evil Kobold Fig 4/Rog 16/Sorc 6 (DND 3.5)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd prefer digital so I don't have to donate to the library when I don't have any more room.

4. Eldau

Eldau And now for something completely different

Reading List:
    Link
    I would definitely pick the tankoubon if there is a larger text font, simply because I am becoming as blind as a bat (figure of speech, I know they can see). While the extra info of the bankoubon is nice, it would be useless if I get a headache reading the book.

5. Aizelf

Aizelf 『....』

Reading List:
    Link
    If cost is taken out of the picture, then is there really a need to ask anyone?
    ofc 1)
    As for the pros you listed for bunko, they don't mean much. A person can finish an LN in a day easily, so the advantage of being compact becomes useless

6. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I too prefer getting my books digital. But there still are some books who aren't or don't get published in digital format, like the Regina LN for example.