Your Most Hated Plot Device

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Too Honest, May 14, 2017.

1. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't like NTR. But! If it's the MC fucking another guy's girl, then all's good

2. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot device I can't stand is time resets. So, there is an established universe, which then completely changes because the main characters went back in time and changed something without realizing it the returned to the wrong future. It is one thing if you start with time travel, but if its introduced after they establish a timeline, it will ruin the story for me.

3. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheat items in cultivation. Cultivation is usually depicted as slow growth towards higher ranks of Qi. If you have money for pills and potions then its reasonable to advance faster. What isn't reasonable is getting a cheat item to skip levels too quickly. Anything with cheat items isn't real cultivation.

4. LePonce

LePonce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Justice"

Eve likes this.
  5. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    Lit rpgs with op mc's that get tons of perks for classes/leveling and then choosing to stay classless/not level randidly ghosthound... love and hate that mc if he got even 1 level his power would like double from all his perks sure limits his skills but like he already has like 5times more skills than anyone else

6. MungMan

MungMan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This right here is something I truly hate and will take every measure to avoid in the story I am writing, but fake-out deaths slightly edge out because it happens in more places than just Chinese novels.

7. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    does fillers count? when your at a really good part of the arc or story then author gives you MC side quest.

8. Eve

Eve Title under construction

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucky pleb gets money and girls like water running out of the faucet.
    and girls not fighting over other girls just bcuz its harem. heh
    and the young master's [you offend me i kill you!!!!! i can't kill you but my *insert relative here" will!!] plot

i just hate this [oh super ultra magnetic hyper beyutiful girl/woman will always(most) be the heroine of the story]
    but its personal, I know. sorry

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    ludagad and DiabolicGod like this.
  9. Sablecaballero

Sablecaballero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stupìd villains / adversaries: it's bad enough when a young master insults a total unknown (in a world filled with hidden experts and other travelling young masters) but when they are centuries old sect masters I really can't stand it; nobody with that level of idiocy would have survived that long.

ludagad, End3r and keklel like this.
  10. Sarcze

Sarcze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amnesiac/Restart/Erased Arc/Story. Or at least that's what I call it. When everyone forgot about the a character and stuff that happened because of their interaction with with that said character. For example, Re:Zero. I know there is checkpoints there, but I never touched the Novel, Manga, nor Anime.

Having any traces of you erased is the true despair.

11. K-otic 13

K-otic 13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The gender bender and romance tags in the same novel. That's an absolute, no go, for me.... I just can't read them cause of how some of them are presented.... I have nothing wrong with any of the tags if they are not matched together.... I just don't see how a guy who was never gay or anything in the first place can get wooed and falling in love with other guys when he is turned into a girl. It's even said most of the time that the character still has the mindset of whatever gender the character previously was, but it never changes anything. The character might as well just have been that gender from the very beginning

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    keklel likes this.
  12. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    A multi purpose omnipotent "Random" cheat. You know, tools like Zhang Ye roulette or Red Packet Server WeChat gifts. There is no tension and the mc is entirely dependant on this cheat so he is a useless person without them.

13. dragonmage124

dragonmage124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mc has to fight for everything while the elders just watch/look away... even when he is in the right just because the one in the wrong is a relative of another elder...or it an elder who is acting like a school yard bully stepping on the new kid in school while the teacher watches and nods going yep that how it should be.

i mean come on they so old yet do not know how to watch over the kids and spot talents to raise while letting trash with a elder as a relative do as they please and finding nothing wrong writing it off as a something the more talented backgroundless ppl need to grow thou or die from. or just looking away as someone that has an important spot in the sect/family like an elder finding a random reason to bully a kid 50+ yrs younger then him/her and not punishing the elder by the rules all the while watching on emotionlessly (while they do not find their actions wrong at all)

Alchemist_God0 likes this.
  14. Sarcze

Sarcze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What coincidence, I just read the new chapter just now. Also, having a class there bounds you to be a minion for the village spirit, as seen from the new chapter. All having a class does is give you early boost to your power, while limiting your skills, and bounding your life to the Village Spirit and Village Chief.

15. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm John Titor and i remembered this thread years ago or should i have or had to has said. . . .
    well if i remember correctly i also commented that, well this and that happened but well you got it right,
    but well you might be asking why i did this (posted a comment)
    well i also did it in the future or the past? and well it will lead to some things that needed to be done in the future so well just read it and move on. . .

i wish to have some Mr. Pepper. . . .

16. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just using that as one example there are others that are similar was just the most recent id read like that

17. feyrin

feyrin Night time tyrant

Reading List:
    Link
    my death flags read it

18. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, that depends on how the author handle the story. Someimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

But if I must hate something, I hate it when a character going oP without any reason at all. And I hate stupid harem story too.

19. PoshMafia

PoshMafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lucky encounters. it is lazy and a sign of a stupid author, if the mc cant solve his problem without a lucky encounter then have him fail.

I am so sick of lucky encounters that are in all fantasy fiction, koreans authors are really bad for this throughout their novels, it is so fucking annoying. Lazy pieces of shit. I hate it.

20. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    problems that occur just because someone decided to hold their tongue.