Recommendations Brother-Sister/Famliy Story that stays "Pure"

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Osamaru, May 15, 2017.

1. BumChikiBum

BumChikiBum "Notice me, Onii-chan!~"

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    They say brother/sister, but its more of a father-daughter relationship, with him essentially raising her at this point. Though it is close.

3. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
  4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Then try that manga ^^ but it's modern world setting without magic

"If You're Gonna Dress up, Do It Like This" that's the manga title

5. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    More on comedy side or cute side, I forget there was this one lol
    The relation between siblings kinda close but on family term not incest as you wish. as for gender Bender aspect because his look rather feminine results in misread by the system and other people except who close to him never believe him as man
    As for Yaoi aspect )I don't know this can be included or not) there's a childhood friend of MC who rather close, because he knows MC identity he act like how they normally do but this resulting misunderstanding for other players and thinking those two "close but no in relation yet", well his childhood friend never think anything or thinking like that about MC since he might be already used to it but the problems the MC somehow act like Maiden though lol

6. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Osamaru (edit: I missed the previous page) manga: the world god only knows.
    Chokotto Sister
    denpa kyoushi
    d-frag: though sister only appears a while after story starts

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  7. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umaru .

8. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the sister in LMS is mostly a supporting character... later on, she joins the game as well and finds a unique class, but she's not really visible throughout most of the story. Give Hotman a try - you might be surprised. The description doesn't really do justice to the story, since it's a lot more multi-dimensional (with multiple POVs from the six siblings) than you would think.

Only Sense Online is a little strange for gender bender, since the main MC gets treated almost like a mascot character - by both his sisters and the bystanders in the game. Sorta like Yuna from Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear. Frankly-speaking, if he didn't keep on insisting that he's a man in real life, most of his actions in the game are remarkably feminine, and suited to his female avatar. You forget after a while that he's a male player, and just read it as a female character.

EDIT: Oddly-enough, Mushoku Tensei might actually fit this one. There are elements which seem rather incestuous between the MC and his younger sisters, but the MC is very firm in rejecting that, and they settle into a normal siblings relationship, mostly. Also, maybe Tales of the Wickedly Vicious Underground Empire? It has siblings as the main MC, but this is an adventure-revenge story, not a 'family love' story.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    this is......?

10. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! ( sorry, too much emotion) I mean, for one, the title is misleading. It would really make you think of a clean father-daughter relationship. Two, as you've said, the build-up was as a father-daughter.

The expectations got betrayed. And it wasn't really funny reading how she struggled to let Dave know. I'd understand if from the start, she wasn't treated as a daughter but *sigh*.

I wanted to flip the table (but the table is so heavy) but the struggle for me to accept the change is too much.

11. WhiteCrow96

WhiteCrow96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, 2 things:

1. Only Sense Online - I would agree with Dizzcity. The gender bender part doesn't really play a huge role in how the MC acts, beyond the gratuitous "I'm a boy!" every once in a while. No yaoi or confused 'Am I a boy or a girl?' so your worries are assuaged.

2. I recommend Dominion's End. It's a gender bender where a woman is stuck in a ikemen's body after traveling back to the beginning of the apocalypse. He has 2 siblings: an older mercenary brother and a younger adorable sister. The majority of the story is actually focused on the siblings, and the only incesty parts are the jokes cracked by the characters about his brother and sister being the ideal people to marry. There's really no way it'll go the incest route, so you're fine there. I really do highly recommend the novel. I think it'll be what you're looking for.

12. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei -Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu

As far as I remember Norn's Relationship with Rudy is as Pure as it can gets. I mean Rudy is just a totally overprotective brother because of his past failures.

Aisha on the other hand...

13. Nija

Nija Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, is there a novel where the MC is father, and has a son? U know, a man (warrior, or something similar) raising a child (or son) for himself (without a woman, or something feminine to spoil the child)?

Bte, have been me sexist? No, it's a fact, the moms spoil the children, pampering them.

14. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Himouto! Umaru-chan.

15. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude just give up

18. Phyroh

Phyroh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone Else is a Returnee might be what u want, the mc got a child/dragon son, pampered and OP
    korean story
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/everyone-else-is-a-returnee/

19. Phyroh

Phyroh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i very want to recommend No Game No Life, they try to stay pure ( mainly the brother) and it's hilarious

20. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be too short for you, but it's a cute story that involves wholesome family interactions. :-0 Can't say much about the sibling part without it being a spoiler, methinks. Anyways, it'll probably take less than 10 minutes for you to finish it so feel free to give it a try! The twists make it a fun and easy read:

That One Time the Essay a Child Wrote Over Summer Break was Way Too Fantasy

EDIT: Huh, I misinterpreted your request. You wanted siblings with pure familial relations, not pure siblings and/or familial relations. Oops. owo;;