LCD Romance of Dragons and Snakes

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Yuki

Yuki [Chaos-Order & Space-Time Magician,Owner of Void]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets Have Fun Discussing

~Yuki

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    When Zhao Xinglong had seen Wang Chao, the two couldn’t help but spar against each other. Wang Chao had truly made a huge leap in strength however, with a single press of their hands, he had sent Zhao Xinglong flying.

Another press, another trip backwards. After being sent flying back five times, Zhao Xinglong had given up dejectedly.

superman....

3. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew it before, but the author really dislikes Japanese lol. Japanese stole martial arts, Japanese challenged MC when he was weak, Japanese attacked dojo. I'm hoping Japanese threat plot doesn't become too recurring. It would be boring.

Author really likes the word baka:D.

4. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    RDS is one of my favorite webnovels at the moment.
    I love the philosophy and especially the incredible fight scenes based on real Chinese martial arts. The level of detail is extraordinary.

About the racism/xenophobia accusations above... there hasn't been anything too overt, IMO. There was one Japanese martial artist who was a bit stereotypical, but that's about it.
    Thankfully, the MC is not a hateful or arrogant person. So I'm not too worried about racism cropping up in the future.

However, there's definitely a subtle kind of Chinese ethnocentrism which bleeds through the text. It's an assertion that China is the birthplace and homeland of true martial arts.
    The connotation is that most other countries have inferior martial arts/artists. And as for the countries which can actually compete with China, they can apparently only do so because they stole/incorporated Chinese martial arts into their own styles.

That's all I'll say on the matter. Apart from this (it's unfortunate but really not a huge issue), I really do love the novel.

5. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Chen Aiyang is going to have to fight Wang Chao's teacher?

RIP...

6. leedalys

leedalys Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was a romance novel between a dragon and a snake.

but it was not.

7. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    For a novel with romance in its name... there sure aren't a lot of it..........

8. QualiTea

QualiTea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because 'Romance' in the title doesn't mean love. It's the same meaning as it is in Romance of the Three Kingdoms:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  9. aattss

aattss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A chinese webnovel where people don't become more powerful by taking expensive drugs or using expensive magic crystals? Impossible! And talent is determined by character traits such as self-discipline, preserverance, and not really caring about riches and fame.

And there's also other plusses of the novel such as how magic/qi isn't real, which doesn't break the reader's suspension of disbelief over why everyone isn't using it.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    really Weng Chao got complicated matter this time with how deep Shaolin influence, it seem he will atacked both from Jianghu and military side I wonder how the organization will react to this matter~ if they handle it wrongly it will rise big probability for him to leave China

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh is that mean he will have another big match on Beijing? I wanna see it! perhaps it's have something to do with shaolin arrangement?
    fumu another breakthrough for him~ I wonder will the girl that wanna become his disciple will success on comprehend what she being told or not IMO teaching is another part to develop your understanding toward something~

12. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    RDS is just great.

The most recent chapter (153) was interesting.
    Wang Chao has often lamented the decline of Chinese boxing in the modern era. But here we see him fight a duel to the death with a fellow grandmaster after being (unintentionally) insulted. Wang Chao seems to be sad about killing the old man, but he still ultimately followed through with the old and barbaric rules of the Wulin. He felt like he couldn't step back for fear of his reputation being ruined, so the situation could only be escalated.
    It's no wonder that Chinese boxing has declined over the years when two masters can so easily feel compelled to fight and kill each other. And each death of a master is a great loss.

I'm looking forward to Wang Chao's thoughts in the next chapter. Hopefully he reflects on all this and resolves to do something about these outdated rules/traditions of the Wulin.

13. Rangle

Rangle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the story to chapter 140ish. I'm a bit confused with Wang Chao melancholy. He always thought that Chinese martial arts don't have a lot 'real' practitioners while masters & grandmaster are popping left and right to fight him XD. It doesn't seem like Chinese boxing has declined at all in the story. They still have a lot powerful masters.

Edit: Finally caught up with the latest release. More and more grandmasters are showing up. I wonder if Huo Ling'er will become a grandmaster too under 50 chapters. It seems it's quite easy to reach transforming jin stage for Ling'er.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  14. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I NEED THIS TO COMEBACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK