LCD Legend

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Yuki

Yuki [Chaos-Order & Space-Time Magician,Owner of Void]

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2021
  2. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its fun and light hearted till now, but has a nice history and worldbuilding tillnow and an op Mc.

thymee and Greyue like this.
  3. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    no major plot unfolded yet, still in opening arc , character introduction and world building phase, story is light heart ed , no visible romance yet
    basically it's still fun read and light story to follow

4. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Cavemen much?
    giphy.gif

Dedition likes this.
  5. Yuki

Yuki [Chaos-Order & Space-Time Magician,Owner of Void]

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    giphy (7).gif

7. darkofficer

darkofficer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story so far is a little slow.but it's a fun read also this isn't gonna be a harem.

8. ioriangel

ioriangel 『Terrible Kitsune Oneesan』『Stabber』

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally some action !!!

9. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it has the exact same synopsis as that frog thing?
    The one with a character named karazu

10. soulji_og

soulji_og Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noble orders MC to take a mission. When MC arrives, he is attacked by nobles subordinate as a test. When MC starts winning Noble shouts "Enough." If MC obediently stops fighting, I'm done and giving up on Japanese light novels.

11. Rumanshi

Rumanshi 『Demon Lord』『ルマンし』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh, what do you want him to do?

12. soulji_og

Reading List:
    Link
    He's mid deathscythe swing and the Noble, who forced him to take the contract and allows the test, shouts "enough!".

I want him to finish the swing. If he stops and bows or some such. I'm out.

Unless he completes his current motion I'm out. I just can't take another Uber polite protag.

Dedition likes this.
  13. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    ehhh... I don't think finishing the swing would get him any points though... It's more beneficial for him if he doesn't bloody the noble 's carpet with his subordinate's corpse...

I kinda see rei as a character that weights costs and benefit of his actions and base his decisions on that rather than being a yes man protag.

he did break the arm of those goblin hawk or what ever name that c-rank party was. I'm pretty sure that wasn't polite....( and you know pretty much rob them of all their gold)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  14. soulji_og

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he need benefits and or points from the noble. he doesn't need money or adventurer rank. He doesn't even need to be an adventurer. He's already completed his mission with regards to info gathering. Now he's just socializing cause he's bored.

He already has max weapons and equipment and infinite money. All he needs is monster cores which he can solo. A strategy that keeps his secret. He can easily fly to another city or country or go back home and kill monsters around his house.

He hasn't been polite before and I was loving his character up and until this arc. A mission he can't afford to reject? Why? He said he didn't even like or want to deal with nobles.

Him or the author pretending like he doesn't really have a choice, was the first warning flag for me, which is why this swing is important to me. If he completes the swing then, I will trust that it won't turn into Death March.

15. heartantares

Reading List:
    Link
    he didn't need benefits but it doesn't do him any good either but hmmm... You are right he does have more options aside from obeying the noble... It is probably just there for the sake of plot =/ otherwise the story will probably turn into what you said... Travel the world hunting for cores( endless training montage / cultivating) that would be quite difficult for the author to make that interesting(in my opinion since I don't like those cultivating novels... Tend to just skip several chaps and they are still training) =/ I wanna be optimistic and believe the author is using this noble thing to introduce the new char for him to interact with subtly(or people tend to want being among other people, getting marked as enemy of humans doesn't sound pleasant either though it would be interesting ). Well least we'll know what happens today since its Saturday =) only a few more hrs until the chap is out.

on a side note: Have you read youjo senki yet? I can't see your reading list(was trying to secretly look through it for some good reads but its not public) I think you'd like that mc very much(I feel not very many people read it cuz there's only 4 chs out, but they are very long chs)

edits: so im not double posting
    looks like rei finished that swing XD
    and with that chapter my evil mind tells me horrible things. looking for d-rank adventurers even though normally they'll be pretty much useless in the lower lvls of the dungeon.... plus some sort of alter..... it sounds like they are looking for d-rank peeps to use as fodder or use as a sacrifice at the alter(altars make me think of human sacrifices....) XD either that or they are trying to get that princess killed and blame it on the margrave.... that d-rank requirement seems so suspicious....

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  16. soulji_og

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't know there was a public reading list option. I've set mine to public.

How would i go about seeing someones else reading list.

When i first started reading the description for Youjo senki I though of The Girl Who Ate a Death God. Well till I got to the bender gender reincarnated aspect.

It still seems interesting, but i need at least 30 releases and 4.5 or better to start a new web serial. It has the rating but not the releases. I'll wait.

Last "new" book I picked up was either A Thought Through Eternity or Chronicles of Primordial Wars. (picked up legend around that time as well I think.) You may not like Thought, since it's a cultivating book, but it is one of the better ones and it is laugh out loud HILARIOUS. Chronicles's unique setting make it intensely interesting and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Edit: Didn't notice the translation of Youjo was by Skythewood. There chapters are like 5 of someones else chapters. Looks like it fits within my parameters. I'll chk it out. Though I might wait for the volume to be finished. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Didn't notice your spoiler. Thought it was your tag or something. That said, I really did not like that chapter and I really don't like this arc. I read that line more than once. I'm still not sure if he finished the swing. It sounded like it didn't hit and the damage was from the previous hit.

At the end of the day why is he doing this? Why is he all polite to the noble? Yes sir no sir, sorry for my lack of ettiquette? Least he could do was ask for more money or a bonus, but that wouldn't make sense since he's richer than the noble. which goes back to my point. Why is he doing this beyond bad plot transition? Jerk noble who attacks him, doesn't want him going on the mission, agree to not go.

It would be more believable if the conflict/story progression the author wants comes from the fact that he turned down this contract. a contract, I might add, that neither rei or the jerk noble is interested in, which was given to Rei by a noble who isn't a threat militarily or financially.

The sorry for my lack of ettiquette and the entire conversation after the fight is a deal breaker for me. That type of Japanese Chivalry does not appeal to me any more. Particually when the character is infinetly more powerful than the person he's kowtowing to.

It took 12 volumes of death march to accept I don't like this cultural aspect. I've learned my lesson. I'm out

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  17. heartantares

Reading List:
    Link
    yeahhh... If you don't like death march you probably wont like this one....it feels very slice of fantasy life like. With plot forcibly being pushed along(I think I'm reading it cuz of the cute semi evil little boy and the fluffy griffon. Mostly the griffon as I like fluff very much)

he gets attacked again by another of the princess entourage(or was it the princess) when meeting the princess... And then they travel together (it feels oddly chummy... While the guy who attacked him in this current translated chapter hates his guts and continues to look down on him while on their trip... Then they he attacked by "strange" monster... And I fell asleep while reading that

as for viewing other peoples reading list. You just needs click people's avi pics then something will pop up and I think its the lowest link in the pop up(if I'm wrong its the link thats next to the words reading list. Might be diff on mobile or desktop)

18. soulji_og

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading it for exactly that reason. semi evil little boy and fluffy griffon. I don't even mind slice of life. I would have loved slice of life with semi evil little boy. But what's happening to the semi evil little boy, why is semi evil boy apologizing to the noble who let him get ambushed?

Edit: Thanks for the reading list tip. I can't believe I never noticed that link before.

19. pavook

pavook Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why Rei is still going with the flow. Clearly, most of his dungeon party hates him and is openly hostile, that girl wanted his death only because he started at 'princess' i bit longer. He may be stronger than any of them (except princess - still unsure), but going to dangerous dungeon when you have enemies around and within, that's bad idea. Does Rei want to go to that dungeon so badly, that he swallow all of that crap just to go there? I think author is pushing plot Elena+Rai too forcefully, without proper care about side characters, making them look like garbage and MC apathetic.

20. Rumanshi

Rumanshi 『Demon Lord』『ルマンし』

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, maybe Rei fell in love. :p I jest, but maybe the author will explain it, eh?