LCD Legend of the Great Saint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IRainstorm, May 6, 2017.

1. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I read up to chapter 24. Loved the beginning but it seems rather slow-paced. Also, there is no love interest? Is this going to be like one of those novels where the guy is a virgin for 2,000 chapters?

For me, it hardly seems worth reading if there is zero romance.

2. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    The story up to now (chapter 70) took place in roughly 6months and considering romance - he is just 15/16 years old and didn't interact with a single girl/lady up to now. However, as the <harem> tag is assigned to the novel I assume some kind of romance (as much as it may differ between my concept and the normal Chinese xanxia concept of romance).

3. onesky

onesky New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has a harem tag and he has big ambitions, so he probably won't be a virgin. But no romance tag, so idk. For me, I don't put much importance in romance for Xianxia novels. I like that this one starts in the mortal world better than others where the MCs just go straight into meeting other cultivators aiming to become immortals. This novel is more realistic imo.

4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I somehow didn't see the harem tag. Thanks. No romance for 70 chapters really is a bit slow. I'll try to read a little more and see if it gets more interesting. I do love the bull so far, best part of the story, IMO.

5. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL my sweet summer child...

readerz likes this.
  6. Rephidim

Rephidim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far so good! Heard this from Reddit. Fast pace updates = much love :D

7. onesky

onesky New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More than ten thousand teals gone just like that :(. This technique costs too much money, and how will he progress now with no more ginseng/tiger bones left...

8. orig27

orig27 Everlasting Monarch

Reading List:
    Link
    EZ just plunder from some bandits kek.

9. orig27

Reading List:
    Link
    boom he gets to fight an innate.

10. openbookworm

openbookworm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the mc's relationship with Little An. If there was a manhua of this I'm sure that his chibi skeleton would be the mascot.

11. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    You must be new to reading novels then. 70 chapters with no romance is considered light, if not customary in novels that aren't centered on romance/harem.
    If you read any of the more mainstream novels, such as ISSTH, you'll have 100's, literally like 500+ chapters before there's any sign of romance.
    Although the novel doesn't have a romance tag, it can just be assumed that it'll follow. It's pretty hard to have a harem without some form of romance.

orig27 and falcon92 like this.
  12. orig27

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I can't believe this sh*t why pressure the guy from joining a sh*t ass group that have sh*tty translation.

13. IRainstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't outright say they pressured him, he just said they contacted him, it might have influenced his plan/ambition for the novel somehow which I find quite depressing for us readers who are the unfortunate victims :/

"The legend begins here." Chap 86

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  14. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love this path the mc has taken, he had nothing to choose except becoming a monster in order to survive, first time ive seen someone becomen a monster literally, i hope i can see the end of the novel :c

15. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope brother bull has a soul soothing or heart calming technique. Like an advanced form of zen meditation.

16. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 88
    neko girl appears !!!
    one bull demon, one skeleton brat, one neko girl
    time for hallowen

17. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: BMW huh? Truck-san is coming up in the world.

If its so old, and he relies on it so much, he really shouldn't be riding it.

C2: I wonder if its Chinese culture, or just xianxia authors in general, but the vast majority of them seem to think that violence is the only reasonable solution to anything and is fully capable of solving everything.

C3:How would it still be good after ten days? Wouldn't it have started going bad after one? Even if he cooked it, he doesn't have any salt or preservatives, so it'd still go bad within three days.

C4: Sounds like devil path cultivation to me. Probably not the best idea to walk that road.

So, of all the people responsible, he kills the least important one.

C5: Why would a bull demon know human martial arts? Its not like he has a human form. Or is the name just misleading and it doesn't actually have anything to do with fists?

C6: Far more kindness than they deserved really, and more importantly, this might reduce their fear of him. I have enough leeches in my family to know that showing them kindness is a bad idea. Honestly, interacting with them at all, or even allowing them to know where you live or work is a bad idea.

C8: You know, if he really was the sort that insisted on killing everyone who offended him, then it would make more sense for him to not show up so that Steward Liu would think him a coward and drop his guard. To not realize this, Steward Liu is a bit of an idiot.

C10: Being brave and being fearless are two completely different things. One is admirable, the other is stupid.

C11: Really? Don't killing auras usually attract evil spirits?

C17: I think the bull might be a bit biased ;)

I hope this doesn't turn into another pill popping story where wealth is converted into cultivation is converted into wealth in an endless upward spiral that no one else can match no matter how wealthy they are.

C18: So why not just help the ghost get reincarnated?

C20: Why did he give the skins away? There was no reason to not take the money.

C21: Gee, I wonder if the MC will randomly find some spiritual ginseng at some point...(being sarcastic by the way)

I guess the author is naive enough to really believe that practicing fist fighting makes you a swordmaster :/

C22: Why didn't he or they loot the corpses? They should have had quite a bit of ginseng and cash on them.

C27: Isn't An's touch lethal? Wouldn't he destroy the herb by carrying it?

C29: How is the MC literate? That makes no sense whatsoever with his background.

C32: That's a pretty sweeping generalization to make about people from Earth.

C36: The MC needs to work on his emotional control. If he'd been more composed he could have killed half of them with his bow before they had a chance to try and run away.

C39: And this is where you stop cultivating the art if you're sane and not evil.

C45: Why does he keep saying he has no money? He didn't even come close to spending it all. Did the Horse Rein Village rob him blind or something? If so, why didn't he kill them all?

C55: I thought his spear alone weighed 140ish lbs, how could all of his gear combined only be two hundred? Shouldn't his armor alone weigh more than his spear?

C56: Why bother smashing the gates? Why not just jump over? Or was he hoping to gather the bandits to make killing them faster?

C57: I wonder why the red shirt grade bandits kept attacking. They had to know they were definitely going to die, and if they ran, they'd have a pretty decent chance of surviving.

C59: I wonder how he absorbed all that blood so fast.

C62: I'm glad he didn't abandon his post as Constable. It should prove very helpful for him since he needs to kill lots and lots of bandits.

C64: If they "caught up not long ago," then how did they fail to see An?

C70: The MC is under constant watch by every power in the city, how is no one seeing Little An when he's putting absolutely no effort into hiding him?

C71: Didn't he just spend all his money on ginseng? How can he afford to buy so much pre-prepared food? Its not like his constable salary is going to be able to cover it.

C73: I guess the MC won't be joining the Eagle Wolf Guard and using its influence to gather hearts for An. I knew it was unlikely, but its still too bad. It would have been the safest and easiest path for him.

C76: Hmm, if he really does outrank Feng, then he might be able to get away with killing him. If he can, then that would put joining the EWG back on the table, and probably make it easier for him to be assigned to solo missions to keep him away from Feng's friends or to make it easier for him to have an "accident."

C79: Didn't they say it would be more than an hour before it was ready? There's no way they've been talking for an hour. Not unless the MC had really been staring at her for that long without repercussion.

C80: I wonder if he'll wind up encountering the cat, and what level of strength its at.

C81: Yeah, I figured they'd recruit him, especially after it was mentioned that they usually operate solo. I wonder how much of their list he's allowed to even see at his level. It'd be pretty stupid to send him after the people at the top after all. He's not nearly strong enough.

C87: I really don't get why she didn't kill him. Its basically her job and would have taken far less effort than the things that she did do.

I was really hoping he'd join the EWG for real. It would have been much more interesting than yet another loaner, OP MC doing everything alone.

C88: Well, looks like he found the cat Boss Gu was looking for, as expected.

18. IRainstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they would send people from headquarters with ginseng on them or cash lol what would they do with it ? smash the ginseng on MC's head ?
    Probably because hes an ant and one that cared about his village enough to save it from bandits... I don't bother with good ants do you ?

But he IS illiterate lol

Nahh, I don't want the author to blow up his Sect/Organization/Guild Arc story yet when the power levels are still at the beginning stage if he use it now he can't use it later or it will just feel loopy/repetitive Get it ;)

Yo I wanted a C85/C86 reaction, epic transformation deserved it

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  19. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They weren't sent from headquarters. They were a group of people who were selling ginseng in town and decided to go kill one of their customers. So, unless they stashed all their ginseng and cash before leaving town (and why would they when they're used to fighting like that), there's no reason to think that they wouldn't have it on them.

She obviously believes that he'll be her enemy in the future if he survives. Intelligent people in xianxia worlds kill their future enemies while they're still weak. Even if he never becomes strong enough to be her enemy, if his development follows the path she expects, he'd still be a menace to the people she's sworn to protect. Considering how little effort it would take to kill him and how much effort she spent on sparing him, her actions really don't make any sense. I could see your point if she'd totally ignored him though.

Then how did he read Little An's messages?

The organization had plenty of room for him to grow, and its agents are independent enough that other stories could happen while he was out on missions or doing his own thing. With the way it was portrayed, there's no reason for it to dominate or constrain the story. It would simply provide him with an excuse for the things he was already going to do anyway, and a modicum of protection from the nuisance grade enemies.

Eh, nothing really felt reaction worthy. Maybe if I'd been reading it as it was translated I might have had something to say between chapters, but binge reading it, not so much.

20. IRainstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 21:
    "Those who are willing to do this, come with me.”
    Seven or eight persons stood up. They grabbed their waist saber2 at their waists and wandered away."

So they stood up from the stands directly followed Li, meaning the money/ginseng was still with the guy responsible for this expedition to sell in the city (I presume)

Can't say much on this, if it was ISSTH I would say its because she didn't want bad karma for executing someone who has yet to do any Evil or ill toward any innocent.

No clue.
    He can do that in another Arc like I said, just present another organization no big deal for me.

Welcome on the wait train lol