Chinese Reactions to Novelupdates/Wuxiaworld/Reddit Reviews

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Action, May 21, 2017.

?

Would you want a Chinese Reactions part II?

1. Hell to the yes

2. Meh

3. No, no I'd rather not. Please. No. No more.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I admit that naruto is borderline xianxia when you researched it clearly.
    "Pokemon just took the ideas from them"
    "Dragon Ball Z only took Characters"

Unless Every Pokemon original from CN mythology, you can't say that it's heavily influence from CN culture. While there are some from CN mythologies, there are also other pokemon from Differences Mythologies all together. They aren't being influence by the culture but they are only Using the Culture to create the Pokemons. Being Influence and Being Used are Different.

If you look up to character and you want to create a similar character to that character, that Doesn't mean you are being influence by the Culture or anything. It's just mean that you Like that character, not by it origin or something, but Because that Character got something you Like, you like the Character itself and not by it origin, you make a similar character. And in this case, Dragon Ball Z did that. They wasn't being influence by the characters, but it's just because they like the characters, so they put it into their stories. Sure, Songoku was based on Sun Wukong, but by not making them Almost the same, but changing Many Songoku Traits to be different from Sun Wukong, it mean that because they liked Sun Wukong character, so they made a smilar one and changed him to be the one they like more, that's Songoku. And if they are being influenced by CN culture, then they would have made the plots for DBZ got many type similar to Journey to the West, like encounter, goals, reasons, etc...but they didn't. So it just mean that, They Only Like The Type Of Character, so they Put those characters, that they changed to be their own, inside their stories.
    So, taking a character doesn't mean you are being influence by that character culture or something, but it only mean that Just Because You Like that character, so you took it.

AHKoT, NekoMK2 and Wand148 like this.
  2. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you show the images in the spoiler? I'm guessing that they got blocked.... I tried incognito and it didn't work.
    Nvm it did... I needed to go to the link in incognito.

Tried just nuf in incognito. Lol

Princess Renesmee likes this.
  3. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Effing Chinese people, I love their damn reactions and comments, hehehe.
    I have so much fun on Tieba :rolleyes:

"- Google translating the raws, so brave"
    Lmao

Interesting how they refer to us as 老外, must be a China slang for foreigners.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Donutmindme, Slayerwolfx2 and Action like this.
  4. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PART III OF X

from wuxiaworld
    Lazy Arata
    I really wanna learn chinese too but i’m afraid that it’ll be too difficult to study it becoz i’m pretty stupid but thank u so much for considering us.

- this guy is just like me when I'm learning English. hahahahaha so so cute
    Rainmaker:
    Starting from when I was around 8, I attended a Chinese language school on weekends every week for 4 years and because I have no motivation, even now I’m only able to speak it, without the ability to read or write… and I myself am Chinese.

- disgrace
    - It's normal for American-Born-Chinese to not know Chinese
    - my heart goes out to him

from novelupdates
    @yzrahc
    yzrahc:
    An interesting MC and side characters too!
    An MC who can be considered "the devil beside you". A regular person from the modern world who was reincarnated. But still thinks of his past world. He knows how to make fun of names from his previous world which can only be thought by a crazy and naughty character. (But aren't crazy ideas led to what we have today?)
    It's a fantasy that may not have the MC starting with a strong power but has a lot of tricks and brilliant ideas that makes him strong. The other characters are interesting too that you'll really be able to illustrate them in your mind. I only gave it 4/5 because of some chapters having long discussions over a thing but that's the author's style, I guess ^_^

- No, it's filler ←_←
    @LazyLuong
    LazyLuong
    The novel starts off as any other novels, and it feels like your typical slice-of-life. Once you get to the later arc, it gets serious conspiracy and political, becoming a good read. It's around chapters mid 80s when you start learning about the conspiracy.

- if they read The Graverobber's Chronicles, their heads would probably explode. They would probably discuss it like crazy. I've discovered that they really like discussing stuff!!!
    - we also like discussing, but within a few comments, the post derails into a flame war

from novelupdates
    fir537
    I read this alongside Martial God Space, a welcome read during the wait for new MGS chapters.
    A great read, the title is pretty much the whole story. You follow the story of how Han Li cultivates into being an immortal.

- do they understand what immortals are [​IMG]
    - probably something like saints
    - It should be explained as the equivalent to gods. It's more fitting that way

Lachiel
    I really.. can't comment anymore then what was said below me.. curse you person! But yea standard XianXia start up and plot... MC from poor family, trys to get strong, gets strong... somehow.. and yea we know where its going..
    Recommended if you like any other xianxia novel right now. :3

- a foreigner who understands cliches
    - hahaha it's all cliche
    @Hero
    hero
    I’ve been trying to read and really like this novel (this is the top ranked novel in Qidian afterall) but for some reason I just can’t relate at all or feel some sort of curiosity towards the story.
    ISSTH was slow but there was something about it that kept me interested and which powered me through the slow start. That something for some reason hasn’t emerged for ARMJI at all. I think I’ve stopped reading it and tried to resume reading it 4 times and I’m still only at chapter 45.

- if this was posted in China, he would get flamed so hard by the fans
    - after all, webnovels earn their money based on their word count. You won't make money by going straight to the climax, hahaha
    - I can tell that this foreigner is impatient with one glance
    - I'm like this guy. Actually, even worse. I tried reading the top ranked novel three times and only got to chapter twenty something.

@Lyase
    Lyase
    I'm really disappointed in this userbase. They rather vote five stars for the generic xianxia novel where every chapter a random villain will appear and act like a retard shouting trash to the mc and die in three chapters because the author is milking his death.
    In this novel the characters aren't black and white, but between. Characters are not made for the sake of glorifying the mc. Each character has their own personality and some have more backstories than the other.
    The mc is not a bloodthirsty psychopathic mc like the most mc in xianxias, he is more interesting than that.

- this guy knows what's up
    - this guy has already left the realm of junk novels
    Rating(3.9 / 5.0, 96 votes)
    5 57% (55 votes)
    4 10% (10 votes)
    3 13% (12 votes)
    2 3% (3 votes)
    1 17% (16 votes)

- only 96 votes
    - such a good book and so few people read it, and some even rate it one star
    - why do I feel like we're all reading the comments of our foreign friends with a smile on our faces
    - Did they see the tv series? Or play the game?
    - do they even know there is a tv series...
    @Sindaregion
    Sindaregion
    This is really good. It's just great. The only problem is the arc-games translations fucks with the names, but it's really not really hard to understand who's who, and Owlhoot's translation is gorgeous.
    This story is not standard Xianxia wish fulfillment, it is kinda like wuxia with a focus on magical techniques instead of martial techniques.

-Zhu Xian is bona fide xianxia ... [​IMG]
    -Zhu Xian should be Eastern xuanhuan wuxia

[note: On NU, Zhu Xian is tagged with martial arts and Xianxia but not Xuanhuan or wuxia]
    @Aldnonymous
    Aldnonymous
    This novel is Xuanhuan not true Xianxia, the MC you see to be good (heroes) are not exactly 'good' as you would think as generic Xianxia MC should be, though this part is not important. This novel is quite unique and different unlike most Xianxia out there which the MC always carrying 'holier than thou' attitude, this MC is like one of those JP novels MC, the 'I am inferior' type. But this MC have growth and change in characters unlike most generic Xianxia novels.
    I keep thinking, if side character (like MC best friend) of other Xianxia novels were to be made MC and be given character growth we would have same thing as we have on this novel.

- they can't even differentiate between xuanhuan and xianxia
    - I feel like I also can't tell the difference
    - the term xianxia is pretty vague
    @MazinKeima
    MazinKeima
    Most of the reviews say everything about Zhu Xian good point so i’ll point out reason why i don’t like Zhu Xian instead.
    – There’s 2 translator and they use different name (vietnam and chinese i believe) so it’s very confusing.
    – You see the goddamn tragedy tag? Yes MC is fucked.
    – Author is a fucking sadist and love to give false hope. I hope whatever happen to one of the main interest happen to author too lol.
    HE LEAVE MY FAV CHAR IN VEGGIE STATE AND MC FAIL TO REVIVE HER. TRY FOR AN ENTIRE STORY AND FAIL!!
    All in all if you don’t like a lot of suffering (I don’t). you won’t like zhu xian

- [​IMG] sadomachoist lit is just like this
    - OP go and try recommending them Life is Full of Resentment (人生长恨水长东)
    - You're so evil. Though I haven't read it, I've heard of it's infamy [​IMG]

[note: sadomachoist lit refers to those novels where horrible/bad/sad things happen to the MC.]

knightandstars
    I read all the up to chapter 98. The story and everything weren't that engaging for me.
    I mostly read this novel until now because novelupdates listed World of Cultivation as a shared universe, but that seems like a bunch of bullsh*t because nothing about these two are the same at all. Not the world building, not the techniques, or style of cultivation or organization.
    World of Cultivation is one of the best novels out there, this one is probably a work he did before he did World of Cultivation.

- they always pick their books because of shared universes
    - probably because they're nostalgic

[note: MC's name is Ye Qiu]
    OP: Next up, let's look at Butterfly Blue's The King's Avatar

- TKA! Bring it baby!
    - TBH, I came just for TKA
    - Damn, there's even TKA! Well done, my friends
    @nwms8
    nwms8
    I really liked the story at first. It is detailed, the characters are relatable; they're human. But that is also a detraction of the novel. The premise is playing a game using a keyboard + mouse. So it is a story about a guy who plays games all day. Try to explain to a friend why they should read this story:
    It is about a guy who is really good, with fast hands, playing a video game. He is better than other people at tactics, he is beating other people in the video game. So he fights using an... umbrella that designed himself. No, he doesn't have a job. No, he doesn't have a girlfriend. He lives in the Internet Café where he works... Yeah... He plays the game for like 20 hours a day... and a lot of people admire him in the game! No.. he doesn't stream, nor make money, nor advertise... he.... wants to farm a lot? He's already good at the game, it isn't really about him getting better... He's like a better FAKER. Who is FAKER? UHH....

- no job ... no girlfriend ... goddamn how tragic [​IMG]
    - Hey hey, I'm Ye Qiu's girlfriend!
    @Kuchi66
    Kuchi66
    One of my favorite gaming novels. At first I thought it would be another boring VRMMO, but once I started reading the story I realized that it was not a VRMMO. This novel changes your perspective on today's current games and teaches you that games are not that simple. Such as your WPM, not to brag, but currently my WPM average is at 75. Around 200 chapters ago my WPM was at a simple 50 and I had thought that your WPM did not matter in a game, but once I started improving my WPM, I noticed that my gaming skills had increased and my thinking process had also enhanced [Though really I don't think improving your WPM will increase your thinking process, that may have just been me gaining more experience from gaming 24/7 for the past month]. Amazing right~~

- this guy really took it to heart and even learned something from it
    - something's wrong with this guy
    - this guy's crazy
    @rapture_edge
    rapture_edge
    The one thing that stopped me from reading this novel is the concept. I mean, its just a mouse and keyboard MMORPG game. How can it be any good right? Oh was I so wrong. Once I started I just had to read it to the latest chapter.
    Have you dreamt to be someone sooooo freaking awesome at something? If you have, then this novel will surely satisfy your fantasy.
    Imagine him, a mighty king, reduced to a simple peasant. And imagine what he will do to reclaim his throne. This super-divine-paragon-high-saint-universe-multi-galactical-presedential-lord-of-Pandemonium isn't just going to sit and cry. He will return. He will make his comeback.
    The plot is awesome. Don't underestimate the setting. This will captivate you. Read It. 5 well deserved star for this.

- so basically, this guy is a Ye Qiu fanboy
    - to boil it down, overpowered MC got backstabbed and became a loser. Then the author made him OP again

from novelupdates

BAAM
    A good story the main character has set goals and he isn't trying to make a harem one of the positive things about novels written by IET. He will obtain powers he never thought of at a fast rate and the novel's plot develops into a much larger field later on in the story.

- so they all hate harem now
    - light harem is fine
    @khitman18
    khitman18
    To tell you the truth, I didn't expect to like this story much because of it having a futuristic setting and a sci-fi theme, because I am more into medieval-esque or ancient time period fantasy settings. However, I found the story to be quite entertaining, and I find the post-apocalyptic story to be quite original and intriguing. The MC is likeable in my opinion and somewhat does things rationally (at least in my opinion).
    The only thing that I find disappointing is the pace of the translation. I just wished that the translation speed would be on par with Martial World/TMW or ISSHT. But who am I to complain; afterall, I am just a leecher lol. So I would still like to say thank you to the people or person who is translating this.

- this guy has pretty good character
    - well said
    - so polite compared to Chinese reviews. Do they not flame people?
    @Unity737
    Unity737
    I super, super love this story. My first Xianxia or Wuxia novel was Coiling Dragon. And I thought at the time that was the best. But then I started reading Stellar Transformations. To my amazement, ST became my new favorite. And then Desolate Era came along so it became my new favorite. Ever since I caught up with the chapters, I moved to Swallowed Star. And you bet this became my new favorite but I must say, so far, out of the stories I mentioned above, I must say Swallowed Star topped them off.

- I just wanna say, this guy really is someone who lacks integrity. Abandoning the old for the new. ╮(╯▽╰)╭
    - Seems like he really likes Tomato's stuff
    - an easily-swayed guy, just like me
    matrichia
    Those that rated the novel 1* are just haters, there's nothing in this novel that deserves 1* rating...
    Another masterpiece by IET. I couldn't wait for translations and started reading ahead of translations. Well, least to say, I got so hooked up that I read MT. The story starts in the current Earth, nations dying and making few combined countries in the world where an alien virus caused animals on the earth to mutate and challenge humanity.
    Some people may get annoyed that MC and the strongest bunch are from China, but if this factor was overlooked then everything else is almost perfect because very soon the whole story will overshadow everything else in the Earth and move to the galactic level. So, bare with it if you are uncomfortable with Chinese being portrayed as slightly superior.
    This is a story of no teen drama, heavy on romance, ecchi moments, excessive repetitious explanations. if you like these stuff please go read TSJS's novels or whatever his name is. This novel is all about adventure and cultivation.

- there aren't many asians in foreign films. This is rooted in "the winner writes history" and colonialism. Europeans don't like accepting anything that ruins the idea that the west is the best. To be honest, everyone is the same. When we see foreign films portraying asians as inferior, we also feel unhappy.
    Brat Peed
    Well if you already read Coiling Dragon and want more from the same author then this story wouldn't disappoint you (currently I'm at volume 6). As you watch Luo Feng progress becoming stronger you try to root for him. Surprisingly it well combined modern world, xianxia and post apocalyptic world with monsters + guns and hunters. The only downside is translation speed. if you are lucky you will get 1 chapter in 2 weeks. At this pace it will take years to finish. So maybe it's better to save it for the next year.

- two chapters a week versus six chapters a week. That's three times slower... there probably aren't enough donations
    @rincewind
    rincewind
    A very nice scifi xianxia blend I would not recommend it to everyone though as there is a lot of racism, Chinese supremacy and eugenics propaganda you have to ignore to enjoy the novel.

- nonsense... a Chinese person wrote it
    - it was written for and by the Chinese
    - the translation isn't the official version. If it was, some parts would be different. Just like how when foreign literature enters China, they also change a lot of things.
    ===================
    LINK TO PART I (Terror Infinity, Gate of Relevation, MISC, Tang Jia San Shao)
    LINK TO PART II (I Shall Seal the Heavens, Perfect World, Against the Gods, Wu Dong Qian Kun, Sovereign of the Three Realms, Horizon Bright Moon Sabre, Tales of Demons and Gods, Stellar Transformations)
    LINK TO PART III (Learning Chinese Forum, Law of the Devil, A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality, Zhu Xian, Undefeated God of War, The King's Avatar, Swallowed Star)
    LINK TO PART IV (Transcending the Nine Heavens; The Nine Cauldrons; Reddit: Japanese v Chinese novels, When you read Chinese novels...do you?, Japanese Harem v Chinese Harem, How Would You Survive in the Xianxia or Wuxia world?)
    LINK TO PART V (Reddit: Modern humanity v a Xianxia world who would win?, What is xianxia and can a foreigner really write a genuine Xianxia novel?, why do most female characters in xianxias get a free pass?, MISC, Release that Witch, The Amber Sword, NUF: Your opinion on harem, Global Evolution)
    LINK TO PART VI (NUF: Which are the best Chinese xuanhuan novels?, How do cultivation sects earn their income?)
    LINK TO PART VII (NUF: Why does every sex scene start with ripping the clothes to shreds?, In a new world, how do you storm the gate? NEW Chinese novels because I'm losing interest; Cultivation Chat Group, NUF: Would you cultivate?)
    LINK TO PART VIII (I'm Really a Superstar; NUF: Why turn human?, Do you like NTR?, What is heavy or serious novel for you?)
    LINK TO PART IX (Warlock of the Magus World, Chronicles of Primordial Wars, Shrouding the Heavens, Conquest, World of Cultivation; NUF: The Chinese people are watching us!, Close Combat Mage)
    LINK TO PART X (NUF: Are xianxia authors mostly teenagers?, Moment you stop reading a novel because of climax; My Disciple Died Yet Again; NUF: Hui Tai Lang)
    LINK TO PART XI (The Great Ruler, Battle through the Heavens, MISC, Weibo meme)
    LINK TO PART XII (Scum Villain's Self-Saving System by @readerz )

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    _Sleepylish_, Aygn, Ars and 46 others like this.
  5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    - nonsense... a Chinese person wrote it
    - it was written for and by the Chinese
    - the translation isn't the official version. If it was, some parts would be different. Just like how when foreign literature enters China, they also change a lot of things.

^ When I read this, I think: "So the CN themselves are fine with racist then?" Since "- it was written for and by the Chinese"

6. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like white people logic when it comes to Hollywood movies.
    Also Asians are racist to each other, and Chinese people are racist in China (/o.o)/

7. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PART IV OF X

OP: I'm guessing not many people know what website I'm referencing from [​IMG]
    - No interest, I wouldn't be able to understand anyways
    - I'm interested! Tell us!
    - it's not Wuxiaworld anymore?
    - it changed?
    - so, which is it [​IMG]
    @Skool
    Skool
    10/10
    awesome novel, full of intrigue, politics, fighting ,technique and MC's use his brain all the time!!
    A must read novel for you xianxia and wuxia lover!!!!

- [​IMG]
    - :cry:
    @NaM
    NaM
    [REVIEW] [Absolute 5/5]
    Simply outstanding and a brilliant story.
    A True xuanhuan Masterpiece to be exact!Not lacking in any aspect, be it comedy, suspense, action, romance and tragedy. it will surely satisfy you!
    This story is next to complete! I specially like the Character development and character interaction in this story. heck nobody is left out and everyone has their own screen time. Be it serious time or comedy time you reader will surely react. Laugh out loud or enlighten you will really encouter those feelings after reading this!

- I kinda want to read it now ...
    - I'd really want to read it, if it weren't for the fact that I already read it and hated it
    - The start is okay, but later it's just one cliche arc after another
    @FallenDust
    fallen dust
    I don't want to disrespect anybody but i have to say it!
    FORGET ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEW BELOW OR ABOVE ME because I as novel maniac who has finished almost every popular novel being translated now have also finished reading this novel by reading it nonstop for 7 days. Yes all 2500+ chapter, finished And i have only one thing to say, this novel is a fu*king Masterpiece.

- Impressive
    - Dang 2500 chapters in only 7 days. And I thought my speed was fast
    @the_cheater17
    the_cheater17
    One of the nice stories. Not inferior than other xianxia.
    If you like xianxia, you'll like this.
    I don;t know about next chapter, but for now (ch. 40), I'm eagerly waiting for the next.

- was it this good [​IMG]
    @Nyanko
    Nyanko
    This... was a "I'm bored, I want to read something while I'm at work" novel. Well that was my original motive to read this series. Do I regret it? No. Definitely not! I like the protagonist, I like the story, I like how the protagonist acts and his internal arguments, the misunderstandings and more importantly, the pacing of the story. So this story is interesting, it has good pacing and I am crying that there are not more chapters to devour. That fulfills my category for 4.5/5; rounded up to 5/5

- I've discovered... the shallower the novel the higher the rating... is it because those are easier to translate?
    - seems like our friends are still at the starting webnovel stage. they have a lot to learn
    @takehisa
    takehisa
    This novel is masterpiece, i love all fenglin tianxia works, but this one is my favorite. If you're tired of those shit for brain villains in other novel, try this one. If you're tired of those repetitive plots in other novel, try this one. If you're tired of MC who's suddenly out of character and doing some contradictory moronic actions, try this one. If you're tired of MC who doesn't have any clear goals, try this one. If you're tired of those jade skinned angel with star for eyes suddenly falling for MC for no reason, try this one. If you're tired of those side characters who's presence or dialog is no different than a pebbles on the side of the road, try this one. Basically, you should try this novel!

- these people all rate TNNH so high that I don't even have the guts to say that I've read it [​IMG]

riida
    Oh am I disappointed…
    At first tomatoes writes a whole first book about the protagonist’s previous life, showing his character, values and motivation. Showcasing the emotional suffering he went through, which made him the person he became.
    Then, in the second book, protagonist betrays his former self because he “lives in a new environment and has a family now” and acts like a completely different person, making the first book WORTHLESS, except the information that he learned a legendary technique during his former life.

- I had a sudden thought. Once their English webnovels surpasses ours, will we be just like them? After all, they learn fast, and the webnovel scene is slowly progressing

9Divines
    After reading chinese xianxia novels i just cant bring myself to reading japanese novels again. Makes me wonder how could i read them in the first place. Don't you guys hate how Beta the mc's in the light novels are?

- the charm of the mighty webnovel is irresistible!
    - Japanese light novels: I'm beta. Daddy, don't kill me. Quick, give me someone I can cling onto
    Chinese junk novels: Give me a face. What? You won't? KILL KILL KILL
    - still, cartoons based on Japanese light novels are so much better than cartoons based on Chinese webnovels. It's is a mystery
    Juggernaught_H
    Eh im the opposite. I honestly can't stand chinese novels since nearly everyone has the same personality (kill those who make you "lose face", women are useless and have no personality, mc finds some secret item that has a teacher sealed inside, and etc.)

- I also don't like reading novels where there some old man inside a ring

[note: that's a Coiling Dragon reference]
    Wetwilli5
    In jp women are law( think about it they rule with the v) In china men are law and women are side characters for the most part..
    ( the answer in diffrence is social and religious views of the author)

- that's because they haven't read shoujo/josei lol
    crazykat444
    When you guys read Chinese novels, do you guys actually imagine the characters as Chinese people with long hair or as someone else? for some reason i just cant seem to imagine any of the characters as Chinese ppl with long hair. i just picture them as guys with short hair and white/ close to white ppl. For girls i can picture most of them as Chinese girls tho idk.. Even names i just pronounce it like a English name, pronouncing them in chinese just seems to rune the story flow for some reason. On top of all that when ever i see people posting picture of Chinese people and referring to them as the MC of the novel i just feel so uncomfortable, cause i just cant seem to put the one i imagined and the one that they are posting together.
    Is it just me that does this??

- seems like the Westerners thirst for Chinese girls
    - is it easy to get a date with Chinese girls?
    - a lot of foreigners think of Chinese girls as easy

kukelekuuk00
    I have the magical ability to not picture people at all. Like.. I can picture everything else. The attacks, the landscape. But the people.. I can't.. Even though I know what Meng Hao looks like.. the image just doesn't appear in my head. All the people in my imagination are indistinct.

- I'm also like this
    - haha! me too! so this is how they're like!
    - actually, this is a trick. The less you physically describe the MC, the more easily the readers can immerse themselves and mentally create their own images.
    mandy_bre
    Unless it specifies that they have long hair I usually either imagine them with short to mid length hair or bald.

- ... I always thought of xianxia MCs with long hair in either a low ponytail or with it loose. Sword-wielding MCs have a high ponytail, and when they gets stronger, they no longer tie it up. Daoist MCs have their hair up in a bun, and when they get stronger, it becomes a low ponytail. It's a must
    - I hate Buddhist novels because I can't have MC being bald
    DeathStroke96
    A lot of time novels do not specify the race of the main character which is why whenever I read I always assume they are white since the only the difference between white people and Asians are the structures of their faces (at least that's what it seems to me)

- if you want it specified, how many filler words will it take? yadayadayadayadaya
    - and then, the readers will flame the author till he drops it
    Peerless-Fatty
    All main characters appear as jet li, or jet li with long hair, any side males appear as jackie chan(young jackie ofc), and all females are clearly androids in disguise, each with the same appearance, but a different color hair
    at least in my mind

- what's this guy got against jackie chan
    erocommander
    I read many japanese and chinese novels and don't know why, but the conclusion is, i like chinese harem and i hate japanese harem. Is it my subconscious or is there actually some kind difference?

- Chinese harems like to pick flowers. Japanese harems like to pick flower buds.
    allusivelogic
    As we all know, "strength is justice" is often the motto in Xianxia and Wuxia world.But what traits or actions do you think are the key for survival when you aren't strong enough to be the absolute justice just quite yet? And I'm excluding the easy answer ="being the mc" and MacGuffins. :p
    grenfunkel
    I will flatter everyone I see. Someone might give me face.

- they understand the meaning of giving face, ahh not easy...
    asiaps2:
    Easy, find a secluded farmland, be a farmer. Find a wife, have children. Enjoy life. Die of old age. Wisdom beat strength.

- this guy already has the spirit of a hermit. Aloof from the world
    - he's seen the light!
    - could it be that he's been influenced by the daoist concept of separating yourself from worldly matters
    leeways
    whatever goes, being merchant sounds safe, don't really worry death, because life and death just a cycle in this universe

- wow, he understands the cycle of life and death, he's about to transcend
    - he's on the doorstep of comprehending the cycle of life and death, not easy
    =======
    LINK TO PART II (I Shall Seal the Heavens, Perfect World, Against the Gods, Wu Dong Qian Kun, Sovereign of the Three Realms, Horizon Bright Moon Sabre, Tales of Demons and Gods, Stellar Transformations)
    LINK TO PART III (Learning Chinese Forum, Law of the Devil, A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality, Zhu Xian, Undefeated God of War, The King's Avatar, Swallowed Star)
    LINK TO PART IV (Transcending the Nine Heavens; The Nine Cauldrons; Reddit: Japanese v Chinese novels, When you read Chinese novels...do you?, Japanese Harem v Chinese Harem, How Would You Survive in the Xianxia or Wuxia world?)
    LINK TO PART V (Reddit: Modern humanity v a Xianxia world who would win?, What is xianxia and can a foreigner really write a genuine Xianxia novel?, why do most female characters in xianxias get a free pass?, MISC, Release that Witch, The Amber Sword, NUF: Your opinion on harem, Global Evolution)
    LINK TO PART VI (NUF: Which are the best Chinese xuanhuan novels?, How do cultivation sects earn their income?)
    LINK TO PART VII (NUF: Why does every sex scene start with ripping the clothes to shreds?, In a new world, how do you storm the gate? NEW Chinese novels because I'm losing interest; Cultivation Chat Group, NUF: Would you cultivate?)
    LINK TO PART VIII (I'm Really a Superstar; NUF: Why turn human?, Do you like NTR?, What is heavy or serious novel for you?)
    LINK TO PART IX (Warlock of the Magus World, Chronicles of Primordial Wars, Shrouding the Heavens, Conquest, World of Cultivation; NUF: The Chinese people are watching us!, Close Combat Mage)
    LINK TO PART X (NUF: Are xianxia authors mostly teenagers?, Moment you stop reading a novel because of climax; My Disciple Died Yet Again; NUF: Hui Tai Lang)

8. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for translating these. Some if them are pure gold

9. Saltishy

Saltishy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have a spare baidu account, pm me if you need that

Action likes this.
  10. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PART V OF X (Whoaaa, we're only halfway therrreee....)

Bangbangdude
    So imagine that our world is one of countless worlds and that in reality we live in a universe dominated by xianxia figures and they all seek immortality and power. Basically assume all the things you've read in most Xianxia are true and our world was just lucky or depending on your perspective unlucky to have not made contact with any of these worlds.
    Now imagine that us humans somehow, while exploring the universe, found one of those powerful xianxia worlds or imagine that some powerful immortals would suddenly visit us. how would we fare against them using modern day weapons and perhaps some future (currently-nonexistent) weapons? Think of nukes, gundam robots, extremely heated laser guns or whatever. Do you think we would stand a choice?

- I would kneel and call them Daddy
    chaosbeowulf
    Introduce them to the internet, and all of them will go for "closed door training".

- Cultivation Chat Group
    - I'm following CCG. Last time when I was browsing the Chinese forums for it, I saw a person post their translated reviews
    - so they're also translating CCG

[note: hm hm maybe I should go try to find those reviews...]
    kuklavudu
    I don't want to seem presumtious from the start, but I was thinking of writing a LN myself, since I really enjoyed alot of works here and I love to create stuff.
    But here I got into debate with myself that I couldn't really resolve and answer several important (at least for me) questions like: What makes xianxia - xianxia. Where it stops being just a fantasy novel and becomes xianxia? Is it the cultivation? The cutthroat - survival of the fittest society? Is it about the chinese style of writing? Is it important for names of people and things to be chinese?
    So, I guess, what I'm looking for is less something factual, not a set of rules for writing a xianxia novel (though I would love to hear your opinion on it), but I'm talking here more about the feel xianxia gives you, what do you feel it's all about, or boils down to.
    And I come to my last question. Can a foreigner write a genuine xianxia novel? I don't think I'll insult anyone, if I'll say that it's practically impossible to be more savvy about chinese stuff, than chinese authors themselves. So is it really necessary to try and imitate "chinese" style, or you should better westernize it, for it to have a more natural feeling to it. And would it still be xianxia, if you do?

- a few years ago, someone already wrote one

[note: I'm guessing dude is referring to blue phoenix?]
    appono:
    Sure. Just make sure you study up on the profound laws of face.

- I've discovered that a lot of them care more about face than us [​IMG]
    - Why do they talk so much about it? I feel like the novels I read don't have it that much
    - Just look at what they read. Most of it are the feel-good type. The villains that don't give MC face get killed. [​IMG]
    TangerineWaves
    You could. But there's a ton of Taoism references in any xianxia novel, which would be difficult to replicate.
    I think it's better just to take some of the fun ideas from xianxia and use them as inspiration for a regular fantasy novel.

- I feel like it's hard. Xianxia is rooted in Chinese culture, and if you don't understand the culture well, the book you write will just be another western fantasy or xuanhuan.
    AvergeReader
    It seems like most arrogant/bitchy female characters in xianxias get a free pass while the male versions gets killed
    - [​IMG]
    - [​IMG]
    - this guy is so perceptive [​IMG]
    eclipse_
    Characters treat women like trash 90% of the time, they gotta give them some face once in a while I guess.

- they drone on about face...
    - they've taken it to heart
    - it amuses them
    OP: Oh, I've discovered that they also seem to have driven the phrase "Mt. Tai" to the ground

- I remember when America sent back a panda named Mt. Tai, and they were heartbroken when they had to send them back

[note: True, Mt. Tai was driven so far into the ground that I now call it Mound Tai.
    Fun fact: did you know China has a 24 hour panda channel?]

from novelupdates
    - what's the english name?
    - release that witch, but it would have been better if they used "liberate"

@Dusk
    Dusk
    Loved it, truly a beautiful read. I didn't expect a Chinese novel could be like this. The title and the cover for this novel doesn't do it justice at all. Don't let the title or the cover hinder you from reading this!

- ah ... initially, I was also put off by the cover and name, and missed a great book because of that ...
    @Dragon
    Dragon
    Yes, I know the plot isn't perfect. It is a Chinese novel after all, and the standard villain tropes are there. The novel feels like a Japanese "isekai" novel, with some xianxia elements to it.
    However, I have to give this story a 5 star just for the character development itself. The characters in this novel are complex, emotional, and feel the most realistic out of probably any Chinese novel I have read. Not as humorous as for example Long Live Summons or Wu Tian Ji,

- this guy has even read Long Live Summons, are there any reviews for it?
    - Ze Tian Ji... is funny?
    - I can't help but question the abilities of Ze Tian Ji's translator
    - There's even Long Live Summons? Damn, how many books have these guys translated?
    kaluk1321
    One of the best novels here.
    The best thing about the novel for me is the writing, and the pacing. It's just right. You never feel the author is filling stuff out of nowhere, everything is related to the plot. Another thing that really impressed me, is the fact that the MC actually uses his brain (he's an engineer after all) instead of having cheat like powers as so many other novels out there. Awesome read 5/5.

- they even know what filler is
    - they learn so fast
    - actually, the term "filler" originated from america

from novelupdates
    - ah, this is a godly novel
    - @Feiyan_a, your work is being translated

[note: @Feiyan_a is the author's handle]
    @Dragon
    Dragon
    Terrific novel. If you told me that it was a Japanese light novel, I would not be surprised. It has definitely the feel of something like Tsuyokute New Saga, but I think that it is better written and translated.
    It has very detailed and enjoyable fighting scenes. The MC is not completely overpowered and relies on his wits, but he does have some treasures and knowledge that makes him stronger than opponents that should be stronger than him.
    The other characters that the MC encounters are pretty well thought out as well....

- you son of a... you dare compare this with a light novel. Go compare light novels with junk novels!
    sleib
    Awesome novel… How come I have not read it before!!! protagonist calm, rational and with great potential. Story itself is very interesting too and has some depth, once I started reading couldn’t stop until I read all translated chapters. Update speed is slow though :(

(11/16) - translation is slow because the author updates slow
    (11/23) - HE STOPPED UPDATING AGAIN
    (11/29) - he started again

@R0 @Westeller @pocketbear thread
    R0
    Some people love it.
    Some people hate it.
    And some people are like me, it's nothing to be cared about.
    Just remember, there are plenty of 'reverse harem' novels out there too. So try to put yourselves in both shoes and think for a second. What impact does it give to a plot of a novel? Does it deserve the hate as much as the love? Or it's simply a 'bonus' to the story.
    Share your opinions with me.

- Xian Fei's (先飞) novels are where the good harem's at

[note: His novels aren't being translated at the minute]
    Westseller
    Nothing wrong with harem. ... Some people complain about it because they think the relationships in a harem novel suffer from flat characters and poorly written romance... but that's just as true for novels without harem, too. :ROFLMAO:

[additional context: Westseller's profile pic was Guts from Berserk, some hulky ass looking dude]

- those that use Guts as their profile pic don't give a fuck, because they're gay

[note: da fuck is this logic man... I feel like I'm missing something here. How do you jump from "don't give a fuck" to "gay"... =_= ]
    pocketbear
    Personally I dont care if there is a harem as long as the girls have character and arent all the same, like jealous tsundere lolis, there needs to be variation as well! depth and variation!
    For reverse harem, I will not like I do enjoy them, but I find the endings to be lacking because well.... is it me or do harems almost never choose but reverse always seem to pick a guy at the end? >__> And its never best boy! But i hold the same standards for reverse, depth and variation!

- I remember two old books. One was called Abstaining from the Imperial Seal and another was called The Wordless Imperial Edict. The harems were so good that when I finished reading, I had a wet dream. [​IMG]

[note: books are untranslated]

from novelupdates
    @Densus
    Densus
    Hm, seems like an interesting set-up. However, judging by the current developments, it is an extremely slow-paced novel. Hence, not much can be said about novel at the moment, potential-wise it is a solid 5.

- I feel like they always like the setup where an OP MC hides his strength. But they haven't realized the crappy ending that comes along with it.
    - The more awesome a book is at the start, then the more filler it has in the middle, and it's fate is destined to be a crappy ending
    @Stark3
    Stark3
    Reviewing as of c56 (Going by with machine translation):
    Maybe it's just an effect of the xianxia that more or less fills up my reading list, but I find this novel refreshing. Not necessarily original, as there are other survival-based novels out there, but refreshing in that the MC and other characters have personality. It's not intense on the action side (as of yet), but we get to witness the MC's emotions in pivotal moments of his survival experience and it feels real, not like the single dimensional facade we get with a lot of chinese novels.

OP: This guy replied in May, so there weren't that many chapters. Now in November, it's up to 70 chapters.
    - Aw, poor souls. I stockpile books till they reach 2mil chars, which is like 800 chapters.
    - Practically a chapter a week ... aww </3
    ==============

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  11. Aldnonymous

Aldnonymous Male Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol wut, I got tagged here.

Oh by the way, nowadays I differentiate between Xuanhuan and Xianxia not by their deed, but by their attitude.

Xuanhuan = "Is it profitable for me, then doing bad deed is fine".
    Xianxia = "I AM BETTER, KINDER, STRONGER, MORE RIGHTEOUS THAN YOU" (Then proceed to point out why their enemies are evil).

12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Erm, Japan has similar mythical beasts and legends. Also, you realize that the concept of "countries" in the way we understand only existed for a short period, right? That's why, Korea, Japan, and China shares many similar myths.

I am pretty sure Naruto is "copying" from India and not Xianxia. Besides, you know that Xianxia novels are basically "copying" Taoism, right? The hand seals they used originated from Taoism and was later passed to Buddhism and asceticism. So, I am pretty sure the mangaka was inspired from Japanese sources which are much more readily available to him.

Victor DoUrden, Risus and ninish like this.
  13. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Part VI OF X

More Novelupdates Forum

@IAmGodSlayer @monyot @drago

thread
    IAmGodSlayer
    Martial God Asura
    Coiling Dragon
    Sovereign of the three Realms
    Against the gods
    Martial World
    True Martial World
    King of Gods
    The Desolate Era
    Stellar Transformations
    Dragon Marked War God
    I Shall Seal The Heavens
    What are your suggestions???

- imma die
    - blind
    - this list is toxic
    - top 3: Coiling Dragon, I Shall Seal the Heavens, Stellar Transformations
    [note: context for next convo. monymot's profile pic is below]
    [​IMG]
    monymot
    Coiling Dragon

-kkkxt: that's a western dragon, not a "coiling dragon"
    - but it says right there "coiling dragon"
    -kkkxt: I'm talking about the book cover. It's that type of winged lizard-y dragon. It's not the Chinese coiling type
    - That's not the cover, that's someone's profile pic. And that's not a dragon, that's an eagle
    - What they say is true, the first impression is the strongest

drago
    Transcending the Nine Heavens
    Renegade Immortal
    Beseech the Devil
    Edit: I thought Coiling Dragon was Qihuan not xuanhuan

- they've started to differentiate between Qihuan and xuanhuan. Impressive

@TooLazyToThink @MadHatter @orig27 @Nimroth @Simon @lesytxyz @mmsupreme thread
    TooLazyToThink
    Sects has thousands of disciple and they provided them food and cultivation resources but how do they get these supplies and how do they earn income with these disciples? From my understanding, a sect is like a company and disciples are like employees. So it's give and take relationship right?

- that's the whole purpose of outer sect disciples
    - they suck the blood of mortals
    - tbh, it's like the mafia protecting someone for a fee

Madhatter
    Sending your children to learn in a Sect require fees, unless they were specially recruited by an elder. And the resources your child need also needs to be paid for. Then the Sect will issue missions to the student which upon completion are paid for to the Sect, and they will issue contribution points to the students. Sects also own mines, lands, etc.

- this sounds about right

[note: pic down below is for the following convo]
    [​IMG]
    orig27
    They steal it!

- the profile pic's not bad
    - Damn, yuri
    - Chiyo?
    - Chiyo and ... Seo?
    [note: Chiyo and Seo are from this anime. The only anime I'd turn weeb for HAHAHA]

[note: Nimroth's profile pic down below is for the following convo]
    [​IMG]
    Nimroth
    Differs a lot between different authors but World of Cultivation is probably the only xianxia/xuanhuan novel I've read where I found the the sect structure and economy a bit believeable.

- I can tell from the profile pic that this guy is a TKA fan
    - I wanna tell him that TKA has a tv show now
    Simon
    In 'legendary masters wife' the alchemists have to hand over half of all pills they make.

- [​IMG] that book is Danmei! Didn't think that they'd also translate danmei
    - They have danmei?
    - my perception has changed...
    - *raises hand* I've read this book
    - me too [​IMG]

[note: in this context, danmei = yaoi = steamy guy on guy stuff oh baby]

lesytxyz
    They have secret female disciple prostitution brothels.

- [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    -[​IMG]
    -[​IMG]
    -[​IMG]
    [note: 57 similar replies... you get the idea]

mmsupreme
    They protect a region if they are righteous or plunder a region if they are demonic. Look at warlock of the magus world Leylin give a good explanation that light magus micromanage while dark magus just steal at certain periods taking what they need and getting the hell out

- they have Warlock of the Magus World!!!! Damn, I'm so excited!!
    -AHHHH, the plagiarized Warlock, my favorite witch novel
    - Warlock is written pretty well. The only problem is that it's plot is lifted from other books [​IMG]
    - Warlock of the Magus World, the best plagiarized novel, hahahaha

@Aldnonymous lol I tagged everyone that was mentioned in my posts... which is turning out to be like half the NU population. Some people who leave reviews on the main site don't have forum accounts though, so I couldn't tag them. RIP

===============

14. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the pokemon I quoted were directly copied from Chinese mythology, go do your research.

And no, xianxia are not copied from Taoism, they are based around Taoism. There is a difference. Taoism is a religion/philosophy while xianxia is a genre, they aren't even comparable.

And I never said Naruto was copying from a xianxia, I said Naruto is a xianxia.

That's all I have to say on this, reply if you want but I'm not going to argue with you.

Bad Storm, alexfilia, Amplify and 3 others like this.
  15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You are making very lousy points, Korea was essentially a Chinese colony, same with Japan(don't quote me on this).
    Just do a little search in history, Chinese was the official language in Korea until one of their Kings came up with their own language, you should watch Tree With Deep Roots
    Let me make it very simple for you, at one point you could say all of Asia was under Chinese rule.
    Note: Japan also colonized Korea.

@Action my sides are hurting from too much laughter :ROFLMAO:

alexfilia, DorbenRS and strayCat0 like this.
  16. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PART VII OF X

@Sythellri @jgfenix @Kenken thread
    Sythellri
    I mean yes it's an expression of dominance but every single novel I've read that has any type of sex scene pretty much begins with the guy losing control and ripping all of her clothes to shreds. Why can't they be more eco-friendly? At least donate those close to someone else who needs them!

- [​IMG] [​IMG]
    jgfenix
    Because describing a good striptease is difficult.

- Because it's complicated to strip an immortal with the type of clothing she has. The guys who sit at their computer and type this stuff don't understand.
    Kenken
    Not every novel is like that tho. But I guess maybe a rough start (ripping/tearing fetish or something like they just wanna skip the details of slowly taking the clothes off in a normal way and just wanted to get straight into action or maybe they are inexperienced in describing the ero scenes lol.

- webnovel authors are all otakus, and they all don't have a life
    - otakus haven't even stripped the clothes of a modern-day girl, let alone one from the ancient times
    - the striptease sections all got censored

[note: In case you didn't know, all the novels on some of the most popular Chinese webnovel sites (e.g. Qidian) are censored for certain dirty/curse words and for sexually graphic scenes. I'm not sure about if there are any other censorship rules... ]

@Hamsta @Danis @TotesMyGoats @Yukkuri Oniisan @koijido thread
    Hamsta
    You've just woken up in another world/the past. You see a fantasy/medieval style castle and/or Xianxia-Sect off in the distance. How do you secure entry?
    Assume you only have "reasonable" things on hand. Like your wallet/cellphone/purse/lighter. Nothing like a gold ingot or magical entry MacGuffin from the gods.
    Bonus Scenario: You can't understand the native language.

Danis
    i will kill myself !!!

- looooool but why?

Yukkuri Oniisan
    Pretend to be a deaf and mute illiterate person.
    Try to secure local clothes, or at least modify your clothes to be the same at them...
    Try to blend into convoys of merchants and try to secure a job there (perhaps as a gopher or baggage watcher?)... Try to communicate with picture and learn basic conversational skill...
    This is not a really perfect method... But better than dying...

- not bad
    - you're gonna be killed because you're useless
    - oh, and don't forget to give face

[note: They really like ridiculing us because of how we obsess over face so much hahaha]
    Walk around naked and the daughter of a famous general will fall in love with my penis since it's the first one she's seen and she doesn't know better.

- what sort of plot is this [​IMG]

@SovereignSamiul @Evanbond thread
    SovereignSamiul
    I never thought I'd say this ....but I've lost about 95% interest in Chinese novels i once loved to read so much.
    When i first started reading i had about 10+ novels in my reading list.
    CD, ATG, ISSTH, BTTH, TTNH TDG, WDQK, TGR ....etc novels were so interesting and made Chinese novel popular.
    but ...currently excluding 1 or 2 novels , almost all the novels are annoying repeatetive pieces of trash ...with no originality ..and no plot to speak of.
    The only authors who tries to do something new are Tang Jia San Shao, Fenglin Tianxia and Er Gen.
    When i try to read a new novel these days , they feel so bland and i get uninterested after reading only a few chapters.
    Sometimes, i go and reread those old novels again multiple times than reading the updated chapters of these trash novels.
    Is this happening to anyone else...????

- [​IMG] proof that this guy reads too little
    - everything this guy reads is starting level
    - I started reading webnovels in third grade, and still haven't stopped today. There are so many Chinese webnovels, and finding the good ones are like finding a needle in a haystack. Even I haven't gotten sick of reading them, and yet you dare say you're bored?! Are you not giving me face? [​IMG]
    - he reads too little_( :з」∠)_
    - It shouldn't be that he reads too little. They don't have a lot of translators. We have tens of thousands of authors that write stuff everyday. Even if they increase their translators by ten fold, they would only be able to read a few novels at this point.

@MewYi
    MewYi
    Good read, story is humorous, so are the characters. Translation grammar is very nice and readable. Only thing sad is that it is only two updates a week but I can't complain when its being done for free.

- how perceptive
    - they don't pester for updates?

[note: I feel like it must be a culture shock to them. Because on the Chinese forums, 70% of the comments are something like "UPDATE" "UPDATE PLS" "UPDATEUPDATEUPDATE" "DROP A SHIT TON OF UPDATES PLS".]
    Naufa188
    So Hilarious with both of xianxia and misunderstanding elements, this novel could burst my stomach so hard!
    Translator, please work hard

- it's still worth saying, if you're a bookworm, it's a must read. New readers have to get to the part where Senior White appears. That's when your sides will truly split
    - I've been a bookworm for 8 years and this book let me rediscover the time when I first started reading with my head under the covers and laughed till my sides split. Also: Senior White marry me
    @App
    App
    Looking promising so far, I read novels for dialogue rather than action and this series is all dialogue (at least so far)

- I'm really curious as to how they're going to translate the internet slang that appears later

@Dydreamr @Casul Reader @Dragn555 @Llamia thread
    Dydreamr
    Let's say one day a mysterious old man came into town, set up a stall full of actual scrolls, and put up a sign saying Cultivation techniques for sale - you can only take one. Assuming these were real cultivation techniques, would you buy one? What type of cultivation technique would you buy? Fire? Life? Death? And let's say that if you cultivated any of these techniques, you could reach immortality, and achieve any abilities you wanted. Would you still cultivate, even if it required hours a day or even years of continuous cultivation? What would be your cultivation resources?

Casul Reader
    I'd cultivate the Dao of Food. This way, I can cultivate with ease!

- this guy can go and check out Magic Chef of Ice and Fire lol
    - I also want to cultivate the Dao of Food, but once it becomes a Dao, then things won't be that simple anymore
    Dragn555
    I would cultivate some technique that didn't require experiencing significant pain. I'd follow the Dao of Laziness or something.

- just take Chen Tuan as your master

[note: Chen Tuan (year 872-989) is a legendary Daoist sage who was also known as the Sleeping Immortal. His Dao was the Dao of Sleep, and he would apparently sleep for days at a time.]

[note: picture is for convo below]
    [​IMG]
    Llamia
    Dao of Seduction
    It requires a special type of cultivation.
    Resources are censorable. :whistle:

- Once I saw the profile pic, I understood where he was coming from [​IMG]

17. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, I am going to reply. You don't need to argue either. What research are you talking about? Japan and Korea has similar mythological beast. You can go research that.

Are you joking? China couldn't even deal with some barbarians, let alone rule the entirety of Asia. What about India, Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines etc which were never part of China's rule? China couldn't even fully conquer Japan and Korea. Oh and Japan colonized both China and Korea during WW2.

Nationalism sure is a scary thing.

18. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I m not Chinese.
    Also, it was stricken out for a reason haha.
    I recommend you verify your points too, you will strike stuff out too lol
    I m out

InvincibleDespair and DorbenRS like this.
  19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    This is getting meta like hell, next we will have them reacting to our reactions to their reactions to our reactions and continue in a loop.

20. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Chinese thread is dead already, so probably not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.