Discussion ===== Mega Merged WW & Qidian Thread (1.0) ======

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CoffeeMonk, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archfear

archfear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am surprised by their balls made of top-quality heavenly spirit jade. Lying to the community? As if we are normies.

CoffeeMonk likes this.
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a monthly fee, it's just you buying the chapters to read and the price is very cheap.

NovaCi likes this.
  3. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that though but Qidian wants to make money with their books which is very normal for a publisher. Any publisher in America wants to sell books for profits. How would the WW in the end make money. That is what I want to know before I choose either sides (if I even choose sides). The novels translated cannot stay free forever that would not make sense for business.
    Edit: I mean patron cannot sustain all the translated novels over time.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  4. LoneDK

LoneDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind paying for the novels if they are good. The problem with Qidian is that the way they behave towards WW was really scummy. Had it been quiet and handled behind the scene it would have been fine. But Qidian just had to stir up drama and smear WW. Therefore I can live w/o Qidian's novel if shit really hit the fan.

5. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You think Qidian does have every CN novel under their belt...WW is also moving to Korean novels ...

Tebix likes this.
  6. henrywolf123

henrywolf123 『<(-.-<) kriby master』

Reading List:
    Link
    What wuxiaworld does(or at least absolute choice does very well) is incentivize donation. Absolute choice let's you read up to 15 chapters ahead of the current release via paetreon. Also, you know donations and adds and whatnot.

Tebix and Ged Merrilin like this.
  7. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    but the problem is. . . .
    Q party in the past, legally sold the rights of a number of books. . ..
    and now they want it back knowing it's value. . . .
    and what will WW do? just give it? like that? it's like because off WW group that the fame of Q party became known and all. . . .
    so this and that. . . .
    well that's my view of things.
    hope they just become like crunchyroll. . . .

8. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not saying it has all chines novels under its umbrella that practially impossible they cannot trademark the business of webnovels.
    Yea Qidian was a dumbass about WW( I have a post with this pretty much stated in the other thread from Ren). They should not call them out publicly unless they want a flame war or drama. So I agree its pretty shady what they did to WW. I do not agree with Qidian on that. I am just wondering on the business aspect of WW and if Qidian could ever become a legit bookstore or online reader like Netflix is to movies.

LoneDK likes this.
  9. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    What would end up happening is that wuxiaworld would most likely only end up with the most popular novels that got enough donations to last. Other novels would be translated for a hobby by other people, it would never develop into a proper industry/economy. Except for people such as deathblade, it would either be a hobby or a part time job supported by donations and patreon. If the novels started getting published, that's a whole nother story.

Tebix likes this.
  10. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea they should honor their deal with WW they should have realize the type of business model WW was going for.There are people that are hired in the business for that reason alone. That business model WW currently has I am not clean on so I am asking here. The 2nd question I was pretty much asking cause I wonder if they could ever do a legit store while being reasonable. From what I have read about their Chinese website its seems good but I think we do not get to keep the novels in a private library we just get to read the time to read it on their website.

11. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian could, if they improved their reputation, wuxiaworld almost certainly wouldn't, but would be able to sustain itself through donations.

NovaCi and Tebix like this.
  12. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    That´s why i´m saying that if shit hits the fan, WW would need to move to novels that do not belong to Qidian...

13. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I see now so WW wants to remain a primarily fan translation site. Also Qidian Should have probably waited till they actually had a supply of translated novels than before they even thought about paywalls or selling the translated copies.

14. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They already have been. Apart from the korean novels on there now, the chinese novels aren't only from Qidian anymore.

15. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea that would work for now and I am fine with other novel sites getting some more interest out of the translation field. This problem will not go away though if all the publishers want profits they will have to sooner or later translates then sell it like a bookstore or netflix monthly sub. That is why I asked if Qidian could ever be like a bookstore. For now I guess I hope in the future Chinese web novels are sold as Ebooks for a reasonable price.

Edit: my engrish.

16. Yfirkonungur

Yfirkonungur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, isn't it just for Chinese novels, right?

17. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? i thought they only translated Qidian CN´s, still in the near future we will have to go this rute for the qidian Novels
    [​IMG]

18. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this will not become the route. It would mean Qidian DMCA all current novels being translated from their site. I want them to be legit with a reasonable price where they come out in a reasonable rate so we do not wait years like yen press. It worries mainly because I like Chinese novels from Qidian I do not want to wait years for some of the novels from Qidian. The light novel scene died quite a bit after yenpress and DMCA I hope Qidian novels are not lost to the void like those.

19. archfear

archfear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it's only for qidian novels. If Qidian does not get their shit together, we will put an embargo on them.

20. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    frankly with all this talk of DMCA, i'm surprise china even has the right to declare a DMCA. they don't seem to care about ours, why should we follow theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.