News Qidian's Announcement

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, May 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading through all the comments. Thanks for the enjoyment, guys and girls of NUF. I ran out of popcorn around page 10, and left for more. I'll comment here to know where I left off. I'm done with the drama for the day.
    [​IMG]

Compound Q, Aiiee and MasterCuddler like this.
  2. carupin

carupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they seriously want to get spanked by tranlations fans.

3. Heyu

Heyu Not enough space

Reading List:
    Link
    But I need to read a lot before sleeping so I can dream with that kind stuff and not about reality..

4. Mr.Bear

Mr.Bear Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

haha savage AF!!!

5. rapture_edge

rapture_edge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What QI doesn't understand is that most of us don't really care THAT MUCH about the copyright battle because to us, this isn't the main issue. The issue is that they messed with WW. To put it simply, most, if not all of us here, may share a certain degree of emotional attachment towards WW. they have been with us longer, translated longer, and committed harder to bring us the joy of CN novels. And although we may never know them personally, they have become an active part of our lives. Be it if we are just reading their novels, reading their funny post comments, anticipating the life of Baby Deathblade and taking part of their mini games and contest, they have become an integral part of our daily lives. I personally don't join into the comment sections or even on the contest at WW but the reads and little laughs I get from them do exist. So even if QI finds better translators, I won't switch to them because relationship built with WW will never be defeated. I mean some here even took QI's offense personally. Why? Because to us, WW is family. And they just messed with family.

6. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks bro. the feeling is mutual.

7. ThousandSun

ThousandSun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But you have to see the big pictures. How many of readers are willing to spend money? Yes, I donate sometimes, but I am a student who barely makes both ends meet. I support my novel sites by disabling ad blocker. Do you think I will go on their website, pay money and donate in patreon at the same time? No one will. I would rather read novels from 17k or other sites. Tbh, it's business, and they are losing customers. How do you make money by losing huge number of customers? I really doubt they will.

8. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actualy its not because paywall and all i dislike QI,its because the way they use too screw ww its just too shameless and moraly wrong.2 face bastard damm just shameless too shameless so shameless just too damm shameless and STUPID i started to think it qi full of idiot or what or they just too arogant for their own good.but atleast thx to that we knew their true colour and a good experiance for the translator even with a price it worth it.

9. TheDefend

TheDefend Public Dental Support

Reading List:
    Link
    So is qidian = zongheng?
    Gravity announced collab with zongheng or something and im confused with all of these chinese company

10. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one is believe this.the contract term's are bad or even can say its slavery contract.you guys want the TL's to work for you guys for contract like this.They can pick other novels from other site.Thry can keep translating under thier name.There no expiration period for contract.You guys gave authorization to WW for translating the novel and how can you guys say that WW is pirating your novels.Again stupid mistake by createing this thread and try to pacify the readers.I hope you guys continue to make announcement each day like this ,it would be fun for all NUers. WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT

11. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zongheng should be there only company not sure where you heard they were the same.

12. TheDefend

TheDefend Public Dental Support

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp. Ppl were saying that qidian going to buy gravity tales and WW stealing the translator and whatnot, then i saw GT had some collab with ZH at 8 may
    and yep. Im just assuming that.

NovaCi likes this.
  13. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
  14. doubledd

doubledd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @TheDefend Zongheng, Yuewen(Qidian), and 17k are all individual, independant companies.

15. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Buying GT was Qidian intend. While GT was in discussion with several publisher to raise funding. QI intend on buying GT doesn't mean GT would accept. And GT stating that they aren't "actively" talking with QI doesn't mean there was no discussion at all.

16. leecherleechleech

leecherleechleech Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I'm a lurker....I've been around long before novelupdates ,noveltranslation reddit or LightNovel reddit. I don't always leave my mark around places that would keep records, but I'll make an exception this time to give you a friendly advice.

Dear Qidian, the English novels community has been around for quite some time, there's always drama about copyright and poaching. WuxiaWorld itself is one of the oldest English translation site that provide FREE English translated novels and it also has it fair share of such case, it's true that they make money and is kinda famous now, but it's not build in a month or two. The money and traffic that they have right now is build from the basis of trust and quality services. It's fine for you to create a foothold on the English translation community we always welcomed new translated novels and your marketing strategy is good too, but if you think you can shake years of trust just because you provide a lot of translated novels for a few months then you clearly need to lurk around more. You need to understand that your translated novels isn't translated by a single person, and most of the translator at your site is part of our community long before you arrive. It's like you creating a Clan made out of local thugs and you want to use your Clan to shake the local triad. It's foolish attempts, especially when the local triad has the blessing of the Godfather(author).

ps: For some reason, this drama reminds me of xianxiaworld, I bet my lurker instinct that both of you are related.

ronishamay, Too Honest and Mri_kel like this.
  17. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get fucked Qidian ^_^

Kindly take your bullshit elsewhere

18. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah. Good luck with the new novel your translating.

19. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

rakazzt likes this.
  20. Its Michael

Its Michael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian as you don't even try to answer us at all and try to pose as a good guys using the same tone you would use when talking to business partners I can simply tell you one thing only - do you think we (as a community) are stupid? You said "We plan to invest over 10 million dollars in next few years to build a better ecosystem for all webnovel translators and editors.". It's just a balant empty claim with translate as "During next few years we will spent our pocket change in order to build up our own site and try to put every single translator and editor under our jurisdiction in order to block any other sources of translations".

I have been dealing in my life with many two-faced companies trying to push their way around - guess what? In western world you are already dead before you even started. Now translators which are brands by themselves won't work for you - not only because of your slave contracts but because you are simply lying time after time.

Trying to look professional after creating all this fuss by yourself is just pointless attempt. The biggest donators and supporters aren't stupid nor naive - we are looking at your hands. As for now not only you didn't answer any questions at all you even repeat balant lies - but now in more civilized manner.

Before you will say "whatever it's just another angry forum member" I will just tell you one thing - not every single novel reader net worth is lower than your executives. I'm used to company-like babbling about how you want to achieve world peace and everything (well you can try running for Miss America with such claims). Maybe it works in company level interactions but not in real life one. You keep lying in order to cover what you are really doing behind the scenes.

If you want you can get press attention now - gues what will people think in western countries after reading about your slave contracts and your reactions to falling out with wuxiaworld? Before you will repeat balant lies one more time remember it isn't community with will receive bad press if this story will surface and will be made public. Do you really think you can keep lying to us?

Your very own words :
    "As known to all, Qidian and WuxiaWorld (hereinafter referred to as WW) came to an agreement several months ago to authorize WW to translate 20 novels for Qidian, which means the ownership of the translations will still belong to Qidian.

Thus from this week onwards, we are going to officially request WW to send all 20 titles to us."

Ownership of translations doesn't belong to Qidian - that's why you are using scare tactics in order to get translators to sign your slave contract in order to get ownership of their work.

I really think you forgot it isn't China but international market and unless your agreement is stating @rwxwuxiaworld and every translator under wuxiaworld banner have been translating solely for you and they are your employees (which mean every single one of those translators signed contract with Qidian) you own rights only for orginal story. Thus you can DMCA those titles if you won in court but you can't claim you are an owner of translated work. No matter what you say if you want to go this way any single country will defend own citizens from multi-million chinese company breaching the law. It would be rather funny to see it when you are trying to enter international market.

There isn't any censorship in western countries like there is in China. You won't be able to shut bad press like you are doing on facebook and everywhere else when you have power to do so. Seriously you should think twice before spreading balant lies.

@Qidian as a company seems to look only at money - not at anything else - not even at law. Guess what - I would easilly afford every single novel you want to sell but you lost this customer before you even started dealing at international markets. I would also spread the word between my friends and relatives to not touch any of your work. Seriously - grow up and accept the truth - your lies have been exposed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.