Noodletown's Reply

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by noodletowntranslated, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noodletowntranslated

noodletowntranslated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    k wdf is this i dont want to reply anymore. i wil just sum everything up here:
    1) If im getting paid to say this, i can go fck myself and kms. I did get a message by qidian guy this morning. he linked me to all the posts on wats happening, and told me to wash them clean by posting bout wat i know. I asked if i can disclose any details regarding pay, he said k.
    2) 35-40. theres a fcking reason why i put a range. Its cuz my other translator who translated for GE got paid 35$, but i got paid 40.
    3) no personal attacks: discuss and argue the facts, its a bit low to start attacking personally on how im selling my souls and stuff. If someone's attacking the company you are working at and you know its not true, wdf do you do? And how would u feel if anything truthful u said is getting this as a reply, "you sold ur soul, u r getting paid to say this."
    4) quality isnt bad, i make fun of myself, thats just wat we do. go check our website, thats just how we talk. if u r attacking us on this point then u r just not getting to the point.
    5) correction: the email was from Gravity. not Wuxiaworld. And no i didnt insist on it for so long Vicious. but my point is, i dont think wuxiaworld would take any risk (in terms of monetary investment) to support translator as much as qidian did. even for the old chapters
    6) Qidian has been nice to me. put urself in my shoes. Started translating, didnt go with any big groups, ad-rev went down so i couldnt make minimum wage but still insisted to continue translating cuz it felt like my responsibility for starting a novel. Now QIdian came along and hired me, gave me flexible quota. What bad can i say bout them?
    7) RWXWUXIAWORLD: IM SORRY I LIED BOUT U INVITING ME. All u big sites r the same too me, so i just remembered someone inviting me and forgot to scroll through all the emails to confirm. Thanks for attacking me personally on the bad quality, and getting so fixed on the fact that i lied rather than telling everyone what you r paying your translators besides ad-revenue (risk free for u) Btw, so what did you pay for the authorization to translate these books? more or less than 400,000 rmb? It could be my guess based on your claim of how much the books should've costed. Did i guess correctly? is that why you are getting so hyped up over the NDA cuz u dont want to get embarassed by how little u paid for the copyright of these million-rmb worth novels?
    8) Qidian cares bout quality, thats why they have many editors and they can decline chapters if the quality is bad. YES, I THINK THEY FCKED UP, they went too quickly with the expansion by bringing in so many novels. i think they should hire more and pay more to editors to make sure all the quality is good.
    9) Why do you guys hate paying for chaps so much? Its translator/editor/author's hard work, many make living off this. (NOT ME BABYYY IM STILL IN SCHOOL) anyways, in China Qidian each chap is a few cents. If you can spend money on drinks and smokes, why r you so against paying for reading? Kindle Unlimited, books u buy at stores, they all cost money. Just cuz they r free in the past doesnt meant its always fair to make it free. Qidian cant just keep paying out of their own pocket to support everyone.
    10) GGP senpai help me plz... u offered to help out with our website to optimize ad rev and stuff right? and u invited me to join Gravity right? but i declined because i want to keep my own platform right?
    11) IM NOT GETTING PAID OR THREATENED TO MAKE THIS POST. im an university student, aint no body gonna tell me wat to do. but for real though, im just stating some numbers as facts, telling you guys how Qidian has treated me. Is there something wrong?
    12) Discuss issues, not make personal attacks, i think thats where the bottom line is for discussing business, right? And as the head of Wuxiaworld, you keep on insulting the quality of an amateur translator. you should be proud
    13) Lets stress that one more time. I think all translators or ppl that were approached by qidian can fact-check the numbers and quotas. Why would the billion-dollar company send me to wash them clean? wouldnt they pick someone with a more famous website? Im just telling u from my point as a mediocre translator who wanted to keep my novels going and also make my tuition. im not getting paid extra, but im just saying the facts, telling u guys how much i got paid.
    14) hey, 20$ per old chap is still something, many of you guys probably didnt pay a single dollar to read, so i appreciate someone coming along to show their appreciation and support for my past work. WXW, yes, the money is less for now, but not after they enable ads. If you guys dont have ads u probably wouldnt pay ur translators a cent. Yes, im just an amateur translator, im studying business so how the fck do u expect me to translate professionally. I wonder how much ur "professional translators/editors" r getting paid.
    15) im answering, just really slowly cuz there are 13 fcking pages like wdf is this. k im out, if u r gonna comment keep it in fact-checking question form. feelings dont get us anywhere in this argument. lets stick with the facts. i will reply when i get bak onto the laptop later. Lets avoid personal attacks, and stick with the facts
    16) qidian probably fcked up. they told me their side of the story, but i know someone from them probably fcked up hard. and they shouldnt have made this break-up public and drag readers into this.
    LAST THING. STICK WITH FACT-CHECKING QUESTIONS. reply wil be a bit slow cuz i have work and gotta find a house to rent next yr, but im not going anywhere.
    actually yes i am, but im coming bak to reply later

2. ARandomTler

ARandomTler Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate. You can't even English, don't talk about Qidians quality with your degree of understanding in the language.

3. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    wait you translate into english but your grammar and spelling is this shit. also you are contracted not to say anything negative about squid so your opinion means diddly squat

4. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiaworld and Qidian. For the translators, it's like making a choice which one they should sell their soul to God or Devil while the readers, which one to worship.

5. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't believe Qidian gave you the Ok to start this PR nightmare. They have guts.

6. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    cuz this is casual, not work. and if u can read i said stick to fact-checking questions cuz insults and emotions wont get us far

7. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noodle, I've never read your stuff. I have no idea what your quality is. YOU are the one who described your own quality as, and I quote, "[my] quality is so bad that my editor wants to cry". This is not my evaluation. These are YOUR WORDS to describe yourself. I've never read your translation. I have no idea if you are a good or bad translator, although you are describing yourself as a bad translator and apparently being proud of it.

I appreciate you acknowledging that you lied about Wuxiaworld inviting you. Thank you for that.

Now the real question is, where do you magically come up with the number 400,000 RMB? Please be advised that if this goes to court, I -will- subpoena all contact between you and Qidian International in order to prove that QI violated our NDA... unless, of course you completely made up that figure.

You ask me what I paid for the authorization? Guess what? I can't tell you. It's under NDA. I respect that, unlike others.

8. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow holy shit I am beyond surprised. I had no expectations to begin with from Noodle but I'm still disappointed.

9. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    Quality 40$ a chapter translation here guys.

10. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh*
    More popcorn for me.

fanobody, Tolena, Shinn154 and 3 others like this.
  11. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why did u say my quality isnt up to ur WXW's standard?

ORoger likes this.
  12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Much engrish, such wao!

Sythellri, Pizz0011, Torgr and 3 others like this.
  13. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel my brain cells slowly killing themselves after reading this. I genuinely cannot even take this post seriously.

14. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we even need to answer that.

15. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    yep, cuz u just want to blindly believe in the man thats offering the free chaps

16. ARandomTler

ARandomTler Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because you're on Qidian and not Wuxiaworld.

Pipe, Tolena, Saitama.sensei and 3 others like this.
  17. TrussiaLink

TrussiaLink A Cultivator of the Dao of Cute

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's that we hate paying for chapters, there are tons of donations going around. What we hate is the concept that we HAVE to pay to read the chapters, instead of supporting the translators after seeing they are doing good. Also, not everybody can afford to pay, which would make this community a lot smaller

18. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    k im done replying for now. gonna go check out houses now bai

19. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    you can see it with the spelling mistakes thats how you can tell it wasnt mtl

20. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Wuxiaworld translators would never translate something which is 'so bad it would make editors cry'. Again - this is YOUR evaluation of yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.