Noodletown's Reply

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by noodletowntranslated, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    you said it well and will i always respect that neutral well written way you review novels and this situation.
    i feel the crux of the issue was the simple fact this was brought out into the public eye like this. noodletown said so himself that someone in qidian fucked up by bringing this up. we've got people pissed at the paywall, people pissed at what been brought out to the public all mixed up which has led to the lynching of qidian.

2. Ichigocheesecake

Ichigocheesecake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is taking it a bit too far. Let's avoid the personal attacks. It does no good for any party involved.

Luk2048 likes this.
  3. osages

osages Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We are a soul-selling sluts actually, because if we don't sell our soul to the company we ain't get payed. So, yeah i am a soul-selling slut

4. aylmao69

aylmao69 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u talking about my posts? dont think theyre long at all

im not so sure if info on the case will be released like it does in some cases in the US

ethics aside, i think most of us on qidian are happy that we're getting paid for translating, something we were doing for free before

pretty stupid choice of qidian for choosing this guy without at least checking what his response was gonna be. id offer myself to do some pr and i know a few things that could remedy this situation, but i wont do it unless im paid to, plus they cant go back on what they said because they have to keep face as a company

you have to keep in mind that qidian THINKS they can do better. i dont know if they can or cant, but i know the believe they can. and this isnt really a defense, it's qidians point of view. im saying it in response to you saying "I cannot stand to see my fellow translators being forced into such a bad working conditions where their wages are suppressed."

5. Nef-i

Nef-i Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finish 18 page of first reply now this:ROFLMAO: I need more popcorn
    Again dollor too costly in my country and I still student, and there a lot of dude like me
    quidan this attempt bad for community, good for TL like you(noodle, By the way I love HTK thank you for every page) I start reading 10 page of drama
    again sory for bad english

6. salieri

salieri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian also says they want to work with the community and not dmca translators. As far as I am seeing currently, they aren't exactly following what they preach. ;)

7. osages

osages Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My GDK, nooo T.T

ronishamay likes this.
  8. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    RWX can't ignore him since according to Noodletown own word, he has been chosen by Qidian to make a public statement about the matter.

9. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link
    ronishamay likes this.
  10. JackNathanielMikhail

JackNathanielMikhail Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In another world, with Jack the salesman:
    This mobile phone called Jack1s is the awesomest phone ever! It has 88tb storage and only weighs 88g. It has a 8K 4.8" screen and is 4.8mm thin! Buy it now for 888USD!
    iFruitie phone is poop next to Jack1s, yo! iFruitie invited Jack, yo! But Jack turned them down, yo! Buy Jack1s! iFruit only has crappy 128gb max storage but Jack1s, swears-to-dao, has 2tb. iFruitie is badddddd. Jack1s is awesome. Its only 888USD and it is even made by the Legendary Eternal Emperor Jack.
    P.S. No warranty included, buy Jack1s at your own risk!

BREAKING NEWS: {OMGAWD}
    Sorry everyone. Jack lied. There's no Jack1s and nobody invited Jack anywhere. #jacksolo #soloqjack

11. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    They think they own the translations because they own the original novels. *facepalm*

12. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of the day, Qidian will separate itself from NoodleTown's statement, saying he was an independent translator, who is not an employee of Qidian and has no right what so ever to make a statement on behalf of Qidian.
    And he says he works at the company and can't stand people saying shit about it. I feel bad for him.
    But You get the sticks when you stick with the fools.

MrSplashy and Shield Loyalist like this.
  13. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    this is an international marked on internet they want to meddle into......reputation come first, if they post bullshit and don't take it back because "face saving" then they can as well retire from the international market(makes no difference).....the reason they can make business is because of the "readers", once they have bad reputation spread on internet they lose, xianxiaworld is an clear example of the "face saving business". qidian will have the same end i guess......

Damyabo likes this.
  14. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    To evade obligatory replies, of course. Probably thinking people can't track him to another post.

15. aylmao69

aylmao69 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    youre not wrong, and i do think that the way theyre going about things is stupid. my issue is mostly with the community being upset that theyre gonna have to spend a couple of bucks for something that qidian is paying others to provide.

this isnt a direct response to the person i quoted, but let me say this: if there was no money involved no one would be getting 10-20 chapters/week. well, maybe a couple of peopel would, but not dozens. you should be glad that theres money involved, because that gets u chapters. i understand if youre upset because u dont wanna pay for reading, youre entitlted to your opinion. and i also understand and also agree that what qidian is doing with the 11 novels is scummy. with that said, i feel like people are just whining about "corporation is only doing this out of greed." you should be happy that qidian is around to give u more novels at least, even if u dont agree with what they did to ww. as someoen who has been involved with this community as a content provider for over 1.5 years, i know that the bulk of people care about quantity over quality, so i think qidian is making the right business move by hiring mediocre (being generous here) translators to do novels.
    just wrote some of my thoughts. not sure how much sense this makes, but im still here to answer any questions people have about qidian and some about ww.

16. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @noodletowntranslated
    Since you aren't heeding the advice about getting a lawyer and shutting up, I recommend you triple backup the email you received from QI/YW about them authorizing you to talk about the specifics and representing them. Chances are, you will stray and that will be used against you.

Also, is it so hard to type normally? Looking at your post tells us all about the "quality" that QI seems happy to pay for. For the record, I don't give a shit about QI or their translations, I can just read the raws if I am actually interested in any of the stories and isn't too lazy to bother, but if your "quality" is what is appearing on QI, then I pity the readers. Then again, it was already proven that there are MTLers working on QI series, so meh.

@aylmao69
    Is the guy running a QI a 2nd gen ancestor? And what are the chances of noodles getting fucked in the ass by him when/if things deteriorate further if it's proven that noodle got confidential information from QI and blurted it out? I have reasons to believe noodle is a retard/2nd gen ancestor himself, but I don't like to see naive people taking the flak for someone else cause they are too stupid to realize they are walking off a cliff.

17. aylmao69

aylmao69 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    youre kinda right, but i do think they can use "we are supporting the authors, which other people are not" as their defense. this doesnt apply to ww of course since they paid for the right to the 20 novels. as for the 11, its just as was said, they picked up the 11 and were going to settle on them later, so i dont think theres any money going to the authors for those 11.

with this in mind, i dont agree with the people treating translations like theyre holy. theyre acting like the translations being taken down is some sort of evil act, but i think that if the authors and/or peopel who own them want to take them down, theres nothing to really complain about.

im not really sure, but i dont think noodles is gonna get fucked by this. i dont know anything about him being asked to make this post, but he was still asked, and i say its the boss' fault for not getting someone to approve of it. and saying noodles is too naive to realize hes walking off a cliff is pretty damn accurate in my opinion lol

18. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next week's news: Qidian sues Noodle for revealing their darkest secrets

19. whosays25

whosays25 ^_^

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why you responded like this when in fact you're not the one I have been expecting to do so, but I can't do a thing if you got hit along by my comment. *sighs*

20. salieri

salieri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they aren't upset with how they need to pay money for stuff. They're upset with how unethical Qidian is with doing things, and how they need to pay for translations that are of sub-par quality tl. As for the point that qidian existence increases the rate of new series being picked up, I have to disagree. Personally, the community has been working as intended way before qidian pops up and currently, because of this whole fiasco, the reverse is happening. Because of the fear climate that qidian created, some translators might choose to drop existing qidian series they have been doing, with fear that they might get dmca'ed and people will also be more adamant about picking qidian novels in the future.

As for quantity over quality thing, people prefer that when it's originally free to read. It's free after all, so they're more accepting of the quality of the translations even if it had grammar or translation problems. When it comes to paying, it's natural for them to have higher expectations of stuff. So it's natural that most of them are unwilling to pay for sub par quality novels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.