Discussion A very interesting article from an "insider" talking about WW and QI issues

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by RenarDuSud, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RenarDuSud

RenarDuSud Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was skimming through Zhihu when I saw a question "What do you think of the PR disaster that Qidian International is facing with the overseas WN community" and one of the anonymous answers was from an insider, and I found it very amusing. So I decided to translate it and put it here.

-----------

Fierce material from a deep throat. Whatever gods get out of my way. Be anonymous for personal safety.
    Do you have an idea how much money wuxiaworld is currently making? Millions of dollars just from ad rev! I'm not even talking about the donations and Patreon. Yeah, you are right, millions of dollars. You can just go look at the rank at Alexa. Look at how much traffic they are getting now...
    RWX and his translators are always bragging about a fifty-fifty split of profit by work after deducting operating expenses. It's wrong. The translators only get less than 20%. You can go grab Mr. RWX's collar and touch his big head ball and ask him.
    They used the translated chapters to run things like Patreon and VIP, you pay to see chapters before they are released to others. They got tens of thousands of dollar for that every month from each novel, and there are over 30 novels on their site...
    In a business society, everything is about money.
    Qidian broke up with WW exactly because WW don't want to share they profit to the poor authors...
    If you can make so much money from a business that costs nothing, you won't share it to anyone else...

P.S.
    The translators have matured after all the cultivations these years. They don't translate only for personal interest anymore.
    I repeat, in a business society, everything is about money.
    WW has been recruiting translator by throwing money at them, digging talents, i.e. good translator on good projects from the other sites. They only looked for the best. Because they know the overall traffic is limited, and they don't want to let money fall on the others. They have recently headhunted some top translators from GravityTales, the second largest site. GGP the 18-year-old owner of the site cried like a baby and insulted all the ancestors of RWX in the community. But it didn't help. RWX's response was like "I have money, those chicks chose me, come bite me."...

----------

Very interesting indeed. I can't wait to share it with you guys.

SummerX and Chiiiiiiiii like this.
  2. Bunseth168

Bunseth168 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :v they wanna to do what to gravitytales?! Tell those cunts to fuck off or i will stick my dick inside their anus! it is not like i love asshole or anything!!

3. z3helll

z3helll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the highest rated post on that thread is more telling than this one, which is pure speculation and filled with false information.

4. toticky

toticky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know their contracts with authors or anything but wasn't it like very clear that WW is making a lot of money

5. CvkHawk1547

CvkHawk1547 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow just wow....
    What a joke

Too Honest likes this.
  6. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny. How he did not even mentioned one word about the topic called "license" or "site maintainance".

Pure qidian fanatic.
    Let's get this over with. We all know who is at fault here. No matter how much people are indifferent towards it. But, indeed now I am getting bored.

Reminds of a certain game.
    " All you had to was follow the damn train, CJ."

noob_senpai likes this.
  7. SimplyAShadow

SimplyAShadow Not Dead Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    So do people actually believe this?

noob_senpai, mir, Loriel and 3 others like this.
  8. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I'm an insider too. Let me tell you that all of that is complete bullshit and that guy is actually a Qidian shill. Believe me.

9. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shite!! Nice going Qidian! I absolutely don't believe it if this is not from someone related to them. Just creating more problems.

10. Shiraishi

Shiraishi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a war of information. Anyone can be an anonymous insider with juicy info.
    Honestly, you shouldn't post those things here. It'll taint our "naive"people.

noob_senpai, kenar, Shance and 3 others like this.
  11. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one ever thought wuxiaworld wasn't making a ton... It's why qidian gets flack for the possibility of paywalling. It's entirely unneeded to make profit.

As for this being Ren's master plan... He's going to have a very tough time with translating widian novels while on qidians crap list. There is way more benefit for him in sharing the profits than in doing some risky press warfare and court battles.

If these two wind up at each other's throats. Logic says that it is qidian making moves, because ww has a lot less to gain from it.

Risus and Viola like this.
  12. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "insider"...

Too Honest likes this.
  13. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    "IDK who the insiders are but I do know that everything would be the same if Qi wasn't in this community.
    Million or billion, IDGAF. Blame our lack of skill and laziness if we don't make those. I'm not gonna go around hating those sites because they make money. It's your choice, read it or not, they translate and do their best on it. Give use free chapters, no one's forcing us to pay to read it. " -Anonymous

Wasn't me, an anonymous person.

SoulZer0, kenar, Loriel and 5 others like this.
  14. Ibzahmed

Ibzahmed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol this is so fake it reminds me of the time when Tu Dahei one shot heartless.

Shance, WeiFish, Too Honest and 3 others like this.
  15. MHKnight

MHKnight Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol we're all insiders

16. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well your insider is either.

1. Someone with false information or not enough authority to actually know the truth.
    2. Not an insider.
    3. Someone from Qidan brainwashing their own country men with lies. (Nobody would be surprised by this)

You can tell this is all false and defamatory simply by his headhunting statement. It is all lies, everybody who is even slightly related to the Gravity Tales exodus has said that no one from Wuxiaworld approached them. Even those that stayed at GT and would benefit from Ren being called out have all said he did nothing.

They are trying to spin the exact same narrative Qidan itself is trying to spin right at this moment. Qidan is full of shit and so is this anonymous poster. It is pretty easy to see which group this insider came from just from looking at his points.

Minus Wuxiaworld revenue (which he would have to be one of the people sitting at the negotiating table to know about it... which makes it even more obvious what is being attempted here by Qidan employees) this post is point for point the same as how Qidan is trying to defame Wuxiaworld.

This is sad @Qidian
    Grow up or go home.

Re-Reading the last part I have come to the realization that this could be a troll post....
    Even if it is I still get to throw shit Qidans way so I'm cool with it.
    :whistle:

anina, Tramsloof, noob_senpai and 5 others like this.
  17. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    This guy doesn't seem to understand what site maintenance is

18. Ichigocheesecake

Ichigocheesecake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the Translators that moved over to WW have said that they are happy to move there and it was a choice made willingly. Especially for the TL of the Korean novels- they even had a short message there for the readers on WW. There was a message from the TL too when AST (the novel that brought me to GravityTales) moved over. It's definitely worth reading.

But I still love GravityTales because the novels there that the TLs are translating are freaking awesome: personal favourite there is Chaotic Sword God !!

19. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another Qidian's slave staff working lies into the hearts of the not knowings.

Thanks for translating, OP.

Too Honest and MadHatter like this.
  20. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, wut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.