Here are some facts from working with Qidian (Noodletown)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by noodletowntranslated, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noodletowntranslated

noodletowntranslated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, ya i should also understand the context of the situation before choosing the tone I should convey my messages in. At noodletown we were just always very casual

2. s0hlless

s0hlless Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When @Qidian puts up a paywall than you can't expect me to pay if , the translator, doesn't even care enough to put out the chapters you are supposed to. You said "I actually never once met the quota until summer started a few weeks ago". If you are saying that you can do whatever as long as you let @Qidian know, that is a load of shit because you are on here bragging about it. As a paying customer it is expected that the product we pay for is delivered on time. Now i can understand if you have exams are something but you are implying more than just that. If it is abused than chapters will take forever to come out and we will be paying for nothing.

3. Too Honest

Too Honest Creature of Repressed Desires

Reading List:
    Link
    When the master sends the slave to save some face.

4. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey @noodletowntranslated I'm curious as to what position jungle-boy a.k.a junglelucian holds in qidian.
    I'm honestly curious cause yesterday we argued for literally the entire day and I'm positive he's a qidian employee, like I'd be willing to put money on such a bet. Anyway, if you don't wana reply or admit it, that's fine I mean he's probably a co-worker, but if you don't mind then I'll be waiting for your reply..

5. Kyoko Usagi

Kyoko Usagi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though as a translator myself, I really undertand it. Qidian offers a wonderful opportunity to the tlers and authors. Making some money for your hard work is gratifying and it sounds really nice. But... I also get it. Regardless of the pay wall or whatever I didn't end up joining(yes I saw the contract, and well I ran away) just because I never really planned to make money. In my opinion it really depends. If the tler is making money, then the tler should definenty give back to the AUTHOR and only the author. Qidian shouldn't be recieving much of that profit, they have their ad revenue. However, if the tler (my case) makes no money WHATSOEVER from their translations then there really shouldn't be a problem. I've seen cases recently where securing copyright funds of novels have become important more than ever. In fact, I saw a case where a site bought the copyright from the chinese site, and the novel was being translated by another person who was already part of a site. For sure, they fairly purchased the chapter from the tl'er, I feel like the communities are slowly being ripped apart, tlers leaving communities due to, in short, money. I really wished that Qidian hadn't brought the aspect of making tling so money oriented. Tbh, there really wasn't another case where a tler would get 20 dollars per chapter prior to Qidian. Like I said, I don't blame the tlers at all, and I definently don't blame you. I am definetly somewhat angry at Qidian though. They did sort of threaten us when hey inquired us about hosting us on their site. I think the way this was done could have gone a lot better... Even Wuxiaworld wasn't so focused on money before this Qidian fiasco. (The patreon thing for 15 additional chapters). I hope things calm down soon and both parties come to some kind of solution. Both parties in the wrong I suppose. Unfortunately I lean on the sode of wuxiaworld side kore at he moment, but perhaps I just don't known enough. This whole thing is really disheartening. I've already picked up another novel not from Qidian because even though the novel I tl is really minor, I don't want to get too caught up with this. I just want to tl, talk with the tl group, and contrivute back to the tl community that I have received so much from.

Akabane, Salexe, Hahhaa and 1 other person like this.
  6. BoobyMuncher

BoobyMuncher Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont give a damn about shit drama i just want ED and IRAS to continue for free

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GM_Rusaku likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.