Discussion Rereading novels due to forgetting content

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rodusk123, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodusk123

rodusk123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't too good at thinking of a title for this but hopefully it makes sense.

I was just wondering if anyone has had to reread novels due to not reading them for a long time for reasons such as slow TLs, waited for more chapters before binge reading, or just forgot the novel in general, though that also applied to before Novelupdates and losing your notepad with all the novels and chapters you were on.

My list would be:
    Godly Student - slow TL
    True Martial World - binge read
    Martial World - binge read
    In a Different World with a Smartphone - Slow TL but also got bored and put it off for awhile
    I’m a NEET but When I Went to Hello Work I Got Taken to Another World - slow TL
    Magi's Grandson - slow TL
    Zhan Long - Got incredibly boring and put it off for almost a year, though only read like a couple chapters before putting it down again. It was my first novel so don't hurt me :(
    Kings Avatar - Lost my notepad! Also did mark it on Novelupdates and was waiting for awhile for more chapters and accidentally checkmarked the latest chapter when I was trying to checkmark another novels chapter T_T

Disclaimer: Not attacking any Translators, I just wanted to see if anyone has any novels that they had to reread, RL is more important I completely understand that and do not blame anyone!

2. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhan Long for me, I wanna know what's going on in the story now?

3. asuya

asuya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only reread the previous chapter before the update if I forget the content.

User01 likes this.
  4. rodusk123

rodusk123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried that before and it felt like I was reading something new. Guess I have a pretty bad memory.

5. Wrestleroh

Wrestleroh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't done it with any novels because I usually remember everything I've read, but I have quite a few times with One Piece. Though I haven't seen it since episode 400-ish.

I just picked up Reincarnator again after waiting for awhile and was fine.

6. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't reread, my recalling abilities are pretty good, so reading 2 chapters behind where I left should be okay. I tried rereading remonster and desolate era, but I gave up on both because I can see things happening from Lis away.
    The only thing that I actually in all good honesty enjoyed rereading is the one I'm currently rereading right now, The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich. I stopped at 126 before because of slow translation speed, and when I tried to read it again, I remembered that this novel is filled to the brim of info and lore. I tried reading from chapter 1 and I still enjoy it very much, probably because I forgot all the jokes and the lore still entertains me. At c38, been reading since morning.

Alixiron likes this.
  7. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    I only reread two or three chapters before I left them in hold, I generally can remember the overall plot just with this. As for characters, I go on remembering them while I read and fill in whatever gaps are left with the power of context.

Fang4 likes this.
  8. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread some parts, not because of the contents but because of the names.
    Doesn't help when novels have many characters with similar names.
    h93qs.jpg

TrueLiesLost likes this.
  9. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot this side character once, which started appearing more often, so i reread the novel chapters to find out who he was lol.
    But yeah, i do reread sometimes to get clearer details.

10. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well....
    When i start reading....
    I vaguely start remembering what i read earlier...

So i never re-read

User01 and Deleted member 46077 like this.
  11. Snake

Snake Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sometimes wish I had memory loss so that I can reread my favourite novels. :)

12. Lucinia

Lucinia Baby turtles are the Overlords of cuteness *_*

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i read web novels for what ? 3-4 years or so ??? I dont even know T_T , alot of stuff piles up after a while ... sometimes you reread a novel and be like why did i drop this, 10chaps later ahhh okay dropped again lol ^^

Anyway after the world building and beginner arc is over (around chap 200) i usally put the novels on hold until the arc is finished (they get alot more complex and you can actually decide if the novel is okay or not), i wait for around 50-200 chaps and then reread the whole novel (because the time is around 1-6months + alot other novels, but i still skip alot ) then put it on hold again :p

13. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sometime have the same problem if i forget it i usualy searching for the chapter name that sound familiar first

14. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on how long it had been that had hadn't read it, or if I get confused. For example I got busy irl for near a year and didn't even bother to look in for updates, especially since some had such slow translation speed. I ended up having to reread most from the start ... ended up dropping a few too as they weren't as interesting to read a secound time through or it was like my god they seem all the same ...

15. TrueLiesLost

TrueLiesLost Seeker of The Lost Truth

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes when things I'm reading get dropped and picked up again months later I go back a few chapter to remember which story it was since it seems like every novel in the genre has characters that share names with other characters in 50 other novels.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    it's normal I guess~
    there was.............................. nope...............
    I may forget detail but still remember my own summary~ if we talk am I remember da title then that's another story~
    my exact reason for re reading cuz I forget content rather I wanna enjoy it slowly
    cuz it habit of mine to fast read~

17. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Frequently. My memory is horrible.

18. Deleted member 46077

Deleted member 46077 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    We dislike re-reading books. We won't buy books because we'll only read them once so what's the point...lol so yea we've never re-read any translated novels.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2017
    User01 likes this.
  19. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometime I reread several chapters where I left off or read some beginning chapters to recall the event.

20. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, a fledgling on the dao of re-reading. Just wait till you have 300 + novels all pending re-reads.

User01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.