Discussion Swallowed Star Qidian?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Frixx, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carupin

carupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed with this, even more when NU redirects the links to QI and not to TN. Usually I just have to click the link here on NU to find newest chapter.

2. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    if i pay, is it pay per chapter or pay a certain amount for unlimited read per month?

3. TranslationNations

TranslationNations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well no... qidian reached out we talked for a super long time came to agreement then i made a post letting people know.

Qidian is a company so it took them a long time to get everything going it happens. just like when i start a new novel I like to have 30+ chapters ready before we post chapter 1

4. TranslationNations

Reading List:
    Link
    I also want to say i'm not saying I 100% support Qidian, i just think it was the right move for me and I spoke with a lot of my translators and editors first and they agreed as well.

5. Yoru

Yoru God of the New World

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. So sorry for speaking without really knowing anything. Please continue to shower us with your novels. *bows*

6. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or everything that involves Qidian is complicated? *runs away again*

TsukiKun and Yoru like this.
  7. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bookmark the TN site or use lmntl swallowed star and check how many chapters the respective volume has.
    11- 39 ch
    12- 63
    13- 65
    etc.

8. Yoru

Yoru God of the New World

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like it. Please run away quickly or else you'll get caught up in the drama. :)

9. Sleepy Z

Sleepy Z Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a TN account to comment on site so it's good you're here. This conversation got me wanting to re-read SS, found a few slip ups while doing so. V2 ch6 Luo Feng gets 50 mil for signing the dojo contract and 50 from the 'chiefs' own money. Next chapter it says that he got 2 billion and that 100 mil is the regular for fighters signing up. Also, i'm not seeing the next page link...on any of the chapters from V1- V6ch20. Just a heads up. *runs away behind Koalala*

Ko likes this.
  10. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty simple actually, it's all about money. Everyone skirts around the issue, but really, it's about how much people take into their pockets for their work. Before all of this it wasn't about money, or the donations you'd get, or the silly patreon which has people earning literally 6 figures. It was about spreading popular Eastern fantasy webnovels into the West just for the sake of sharing with others.

Greed is a hell of a thing, I don't look down on anyone for taking the money though. If your neighbors start taking money per chapter, I'm sure you'd feel like you're losing out if you did it for free. Regardless, fuck Qidian, ruining our happy community. At the very least we still have the JP LN/Webnovel scene, right?

11. TranslationNations

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey we actually have the chapters edited with next and previous but haven't had a chance to edit the index to link to them i reference my comment of needing help.

some info on IET he sucks at math we often have to correct the original work.

12. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Money and wanting to have them is human nature. Just that like you said Money is affecting our little bookworm community. It's kinda sad in a way.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  13. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Me will take care of you nya. >//< Don't be scared nya !! Me will protect you nya. XD

14. Chrish

Chrish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SS, OEM, TTNH etc never had the stable translators to begin with.. So it only makes sense.

And I honestly doubt you get $40 per chapter.. Has that been officially verified ?

15. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a relevant translator (forgot who) that did mention on NUF that they got paid $40 per chapter, and an editor that talked about getting paid $5 per edit. If you search it should come up.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix Nameless Wanderer 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is kinda ironic since he was supposed to be a math major before he became an author....

17. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it seems Swallowed Star has been swallowed by QI, badum tss

18. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not sure which they will choose. I think they'd make more off of hard core readers with paywall, but I think a lot of people would refuse to pay for novels with a paywall. Something like netflix where they charge a certain amount for using their site per month would probably keep more readers. We will only know in the future when they make some official announcements.

19. BloodAdept

BloodAdept Blood Sacrifice Practitioner

Reading List:
    Link
    You obviously haven't checked TN's index, they haven't updated it since January

20. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't checked the index because i wasn't talking about the index, i'm talking about checking the translator's posts on TN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.