Discussion Have you ever regret reading a Novel?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by InternetHitler, Jun 13, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DubZer0

DubZer0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What?? Those two are practically the most accepted translated novels in the WX/XX genre. They are better than , at the very least, 85% of all translated novels, and considered cream of the crop for their genre (at least the ones that are translated into English). Their leagues better than ANY JP novel garbage with their dickless, spineless MCs.

2. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    you should prolly mention what nvl u r referring to...

3. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, that time was a bit of a slog to get through. it gets good again about chapter 700.

4. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial God Asura. It was average-ish when I first read it, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. Then, after 700 chapters the story became extremely stale, you could even feel the story had gotten more boring after that point. I still trugged on though, since I was curious about the ending of the newest arc and Chu Feng's parents. Then after 1000... It wasn't much better. Eventually I went and read machine translations to find out that the story had managed to get even worse and the story wasn't even goddamn finished yet, after 2100 chapters I finally stopped reading. This was the first novel I dropped out of frustration and eventually led to me dropping even more stories and cutting down my reading list. Before that I never dropped novels unless the translator dropped it/legal issues, so doing this made me pretty mad at the time.

SOTR also became rather boring but it came earlier than MGA so I don't care as much about it.

sidtz, Mufarasu and Ogami-kun like this.
  5. DarwenGwein

DarwenGwein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a good handful that disappointed, but the only one I really regret even dipping my toes into was that one Yandere Sister something or another. It read like C-list anime fan fiction. My only one-star review, and I ABHOR the casual use of the one-star (and the five-star, though to a lesser degree)

6. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    To each is their own... I have read many Chinese novels and I consider IET's flagship work among English community totally overrated.

Such annoying romance (expecially ST) and very disappointing endings. And the protagonist have almost ditto personality.

7. Deep

Deep NO TITLE

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it's pmg peerless martial god

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Does spoiler for the novels count?

9. InternetHitler

InternetHitler Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally someone else who hates that novel, The MC of that novel made me cringe a lot.

11. OrderedChaos

OrderedChaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, i liked it until the damn dragon kid arc forced the shit execution of the "daddy" aspect. Seriously, forcing a character to be a parent without having the semblance or sense of caring is jarring. The kid wasn't even cute imo. It was so annoying i dropped it.
    At first the novel was okay,the genderbend didnt annoy me at all. The main hook for me was his "shitty" configuration and how he made it work. Later on he just ends up basically roleplaying as a girl making stuff and acting cute with pets. Seriously there would honestly be no difference if he was just a gurl in the beginning. Lets not forget the switch to S-O-L style of story.

12. Uno

Uno ฅ Holy Lurker ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Juvenile Medical God: was rather enjoying myself reading it until reached the final chap only then I realized it has not been updated for so long.
    Awakening: lost of words to say, forced myself to read but totally gave up on MC at chap 107
    Haven't given up on it just yet (already read too much to letgo) skips the chaps here and there, just want to know whats so mysterious about chu feng's identity

13. kuroganez

kuroganez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    N1UH is a great novel, but the author attitude towards the readers made me regret reading that. PW is another on my list. Granted it may be good for others, I just couldn't get past the MC after so many chapters.

14. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Far and away one of the most unlikeable characters I've ever come across. I always had this niggling sense of distaste throughout my entire reading experience of that series, and it wasn't until vol. 13 that it finally hit me it was entirely due to the MC. I liked everything else about the novel for the most part except for the MC, but my dislike for him was so great that all the rest couldn't save the novel for me.

I really hate that series for making me take so long to figure that out.

Especially after his self from the future comes back to warn him the God's been f*cking with him the entire time. I was losing interest by then, but that was such a fantastic twist it kept me interested far longer than I should have been. So much was done well, but I still absolutely loathe that MC.

Loriel likes this.
  15. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Yin Wang Zuo also has stupid romance. How his "Sister" gets with that dude is just utterly disappointing, They just get together like nothing.

16. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG and Arifureta, I dont really regret reading them as they start of really good and has the potential to become master piece, but I'm disappointed yes, very much, after hundreds of chapter it goes downhill, pissed me off

hmm I did quick sweep of my reading list, so yea most of the one ive read so far isnt regretful but plenty of disappointing one, like for example Hachinan Tte, I really hate mediocre or bellow result when the potential is big, getting better would be best just like most of my fav novel , example Release That Witch or Kumo Desu ga, Dungeon Defense and more, or just stay decent from start to finish but not that exceptional just like Dimensional Sovereign

theres also other but I can't seems to remember as Ive read hundreds of novel while also reading hundreds of manga and watching hundreds of anime, cant keep track on everything

17. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently his half sister gets together with his son or something, someone told that so idk
    the only saving grace was Roxy.

18. GembelELITE

GembelELITE low-profile member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. shounen-power

shounen-power Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly i do regret reading a filler and dump info that useless

20. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel I regretted reading most was Invisible Dragon.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.