Question Chapter release rate of Chinese authors

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aemchazz, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynette

lynette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I report this to be a racism posting? Could anyone tell me?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    SummerX likes this.
  2. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Not racism. To start with, China is not a one-race country. At most, you could call it politic slandering... were it not because I was quoting chinese exchange students who like it the China way. THerefore, that's how chinese people see China, and they find it not only fine, but the best, and wonder why does the rest of the world not work like that.

3. lynette

Reading List:
    Link
    This just showed your bias against Chinese people.

SummerX likes this.
  4. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm saying I was quoting. No bias added.

While I do have some bias about humanity in general, mi bias against chinese people in particular is different to what it can be extracted from my posts. That bias would be bias of chinese people against chinese people, with a measure of patriotism.

5. lynette

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad excuse.
    You were just tagging 1.4 billion people.
    Thrusting your responsibility to others does not means that pushing your bias around is good. Bias is bias, no matter from whom you got it.
    What in common with racism is that you are offending a large group of people as a whole.
    Edit: Muti-race could not be an excuse for avoiding been the victims of racism. When the racists persecuting the blacks for example, they won't check his blood. When they come to Chinese, they won't sort Chinese people but only doing harm to all of them!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps the issue lies in perceived subtext? I really didn't find anything offensive in my post, but perhaps where I read "they are taught to be efficient in their work and to work well in groups", which is no lie nor something to feel offended about, you read something like "they are mindless drones" or whatever, which is neither what I said nor what I intended.

So, to rephrase my original post in a way that doesn't offend you, "modern chinese education system stresses the importance of teamwork and efficience, allowing people who have learned such skills to produce results even on a tight schedule where people not taught like that would have thrown the towel and people trained in diligence but not efficience would show adverse effects to their mental and physical health." Does that sound better (despite being the same and only changed the perceived value of metaphors)?

EDIT: or was perhaps the "steal-and-surpass" part? As far as I know, that's proper and legitimate bussiness practice common in many places (US, Europe, Australia, India...), just chinese better training in efficience and teamwork makes them very good at that. Would you prefer it to be called "reverse-engineering and improvement"? Same thing.

7. jihadjoe

jihadjoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Faster than 99% of translators, that's for sure. It's kinda discouraging when the gap between published and translated chapters for a novel you're reading is growing.

8. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ofc they are lol, those authors are trying to make a living from it while a lot of translators aren't.

9. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. There are authors tat write for the love of art, while there are translators that make a living, and some of them a good one, from translating.

10. Hishiron

Hishiron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually shouldn't be that hard, just think about it... the authors are releasing their stories in Chinese...their native language. It takes longer for translators to translate into another language than it would for an author to simply write something in his own language.

11. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love of anything only takes you so far when real life comes in the way and you have to pay bills and well live XD (unless you're already well off to the point you don't really have work or do much which is another story)

The point of earlier post is that lot of these author turn out 2-3 chapters a day because they are banking on it for a living so more they do = more money they make. Compared to lot of translators who start as a hobby aren't going to put nearly as much time into it as well they have other things in life they have to deal with.
    I can also say from personal experience is lot more fun writing too. You create this world and if you get into it its really enjoyable =D Translation is much more dry, while you may love the story spending 15mins reading it is very different from spending more than 2hr trying to find the right way to translate a chinese saying XD

12. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy?
    Is the novel popular? 1 or 2 everyday ..
    Is it unpopular ? 1 every month ..
    is it forgotten? It will be dropped soon lol

SummerX likes this.
  13. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the author, alot of the popular ones release 1-3 a day... That might be the reason why they are popular though, wish it was based on the story tho..

14. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    In my prime youth days I could easily churn out 3-4 chapters in a night... From 9pm to 4am :D
    2 Chapters a day is rather doable if you are just full-on focused on writing.

15. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, more than 1 chapter/day....too bad most bl writers can't do the same.....
    I would guess only the full-time or the popular ones get this release rate, though. Or maybe it's the release rate that's making some of them popular?
    I'd be really happy of the novels I read had a consistent 1 ch/week release rate.....as long as it's consistent :(
    That's why I only read completed novels 95% of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.