LCD Green Skin

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Jun 19, 2017.

1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This should not hold true. At any time he gained the possibility of evolution, when he was a warrior he would gain intermediate as an option. The only thing he needed to fulfill to get to this point was gain enough experience / quest. Obviously becoming an intermediate warrior or whatever would augment his ability (how or up to which extent remains unknown).

I'm sure that just like the 'commander' route becoming available due to his 'clumsy attempts at leadership'(quote by system), being a skilfull warrior could also unlock special routes that are more powerful, making him a weaker alternative having to rely on basic system upgrades.
    So it's a bit in the middle, it's not that he's not skilled and thus prefers raw stat upgrades, it's just that

Goblin warrior -> Goblin Intermediate warrior -> Goblin Advanced Warrior

as opposed to

Goblin -> Hobgoblin -> Orc

I'm sure that a random Orc can slap any goblin to death, the difference is just that huge that skill is near impossible to make up for it.
    Right now he'll have a race that's stronger than humans (mentioned in story) and he'll be able to get kills a lot easier than if he were a skilled weaker race, allowing him to upgrade to skilled versions of the stronger races.

Were it like your aforementioned statement, MC would remain lackluster throughout the story, gaining brute strength but lacking in skill at all levels except for deviousness (compared to lower level mobs, not experienced humans) it'd get pretty damn boring.

2. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are mistaken about my impressions. I do not necessarly believe he has particular talents. I believe that the perception from the system and from other monsters shape the possible futures for MC. I think he will become a leader/commander of some sort not because he's aiming for it or because he's talented at it, but because other see him as their leader. Also they are evolving quite nicely instead of being annihilated as the Goblins were in the past when he was a human.

MC does not necessarly lack talent. He is however what is considered talent for monster, what are qualities and what would be fault. Is perception is tainted by having been a human in a former life. Look at how Mev reacted when she turned into a fairy and didn't realised that it would probably please him more than a Goblin, a Hobgoblin or an Orc.

I believe that the road will be somewhat smoother now that MC achieved a race that he's pleased with. He might be offered something awesome next time too, still he may choose to advance his class as an Orc being happy with that race instead of as he said a werewolf.

3. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the mc plan is like orc warrior / high orc / orc hero / orc lord (Ragnarok online link) route base or even stronger race like poison emerald draconian race xD

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, MC has already discounted Trolls and Ogres. He said he wants to stick to more human proportions so that he could sneak into human cities and, presumably, find and meet up with Choi Seulgi, his thief waifu.

Yet, it came from his own mouth. He couldn't advance any further because of his lack of talent. What he wants is to make up for that lack with the raw power of monster races. And your imagination is way too narrow. He couldn't advance properly the way humans should, so why not pursue the path of a monster instead? Guile and cunning in combination with raw power is still a deadly combination as skill with power, especially since monsters are capable of far surpassing the kinds of raw strength humans are capable of reaching (the Catch-22 to what he said about even stronger monster races not being able to go up against skill; just like how having enough skill can surpass the difference in strength, enough strength can suppress skill as well).

Right NOW, he already is stronger than a human. Even back when he was a "third-rater", he could barely win against an orc warrior and, right now, the MC should count as what an average orc warrior should be capable of. His sneaky tactics against the humans in the tutorial has been rather successful, but things will be different once he's on the continent. His biggest advantage right now is the fact that he's up against complete newbies who come from modern day Korea with no sense for battle. That's it. That's actually already a lot for the tutorial, but outside, it's not going to count for much at all , as he's continuously made evident. His plan is, and I'm quoting here, "to endlessly evolve" before his limitations arrive.

And THAT'S his biggest advantage. To have himself and his clan snowball and to use that momentum to CONTINUE snowballing. It's like a boulder rolling down a cliff that's gradually becoming steeper and steeper. Even if he lacks talent, it's going to be difficult to stop him from getting any stronger as time passes, with both him and all his underlings continuing to overwhelm the opposition with their collective strength.

Rather than talent, that's just knowledge. He knows what monster races are strong and what they can develop into. That's really only on the same level as his "clumsy strategies". Same as him capitalizing on his own decades' worth of experience. He's "street smart", basically. Given time to develop, the talents among the humans in the Tutorial would one day grow to surpass him. MC can even see Goff surpassing him as well. MC is simply pursuing all the "fortunate encounters" he can (ie; easy exp) to boost himself. And like I've told elengee, even if he lacks talent, it's eventually going to be difficult for anyone to stop him fro getting stronger if he can properly ride on the momentum he's created (as he is right now by looking for bigger targets rather than just resting on his laurels).

And I said you were under a mistaken impression because you believed the Commander job showing up was something special. It's really not. As I already explained, he's only shown the traits required to attain the job. That doesn't make it superior to any of the other options, just that it's an avenue that's only opened up to those who show traits. It's the same as any of the other choices.

It's just like how the MC said he shouldn't tell any of the goblins to try and become Goblin Mages. It'd be bad if someone without the aptitude chose to go down that path as they wouldn't be able to develop that far into it. It's better for them to choose something suitable for themselves. It's the same for himself. No talent in being a warrior or a commander. He still intends to try and become an intermediate warrior later down the line (though he states that it'd be difficult) which means he has that much confidence to reach that level, but right now, his primary focus is on improving his own base specs as a species.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Calvis likes this.
  5. LazyTyke

LazyTyke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Queen of the North sounds like another reincarnator. I really wonder if this will be his first big loss/setback.
    And then evolve Orc Lord -> Demon Lord -> Evil God. Sounds like a plan (y)

Calvis, Morvian and Arbalest like this.
  6. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    even if its LCD that shouldn't has spoiler, but i cant help it because i want to know if mev & Jung Hayeon is MC harem member or not?

7. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    oh man! i need this novel more chapter!! MMOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!

8. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, I definitely haven't read ahead (since I can't read Korean), but they pretty much are at this point? Both of them have attached themselves pretty thoroughly to the MC, Mev admiring him for being DESPICABLE and Jung Hayeon believing that he's the key to her own survival. Plus, the former wants to get it on already and the latter is acting as the MC's literal honeypot. Going by normal LN standards, they're all pretty much entwined now.

Wonder what battling the Queen of the North will be like. It couldn't be that she's already managed to unite all of the humans in the North like the MC essentially did with almost all the goblins in the South? Progressing the same way the MC did and decisively leading everyone on hunts to power themselves up. Could be the reason why the MC has such a large following now; time to get in on some army on army action. Could also be that she found some special equipment that helped boost her up, though? That could explain how she would have been able to slay an orc, if she isn't actually extraordinarily talented.

Calvis likes this.
  9. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i agree, well its relief seeing the two has become his harem member! just waiting his past lover, well not lover maybe because her confession is happened when she's about to dead at prologue+chapter 1.

about that north queen, i hoped for her come to his side seeing that north queen injuring swords saint in MC past life so that queen should be swords saint enemies! but if she cant be called to his side then she should become MC'x EXP for his further evolution.

10. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think she actually injured the Sword Saint directly, but her influence and military power given that the Queen apparently fought often against the Sword Saint's Holy Knights. It seems like they were more like rival powers rather than mortal enemies.

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because it's his own words still does not mean it holds true, he wasn't skilled enough to gain preferential treatment like the Saintess or whatever, thus his equipment was incredibly bad, where humans are very reliant on their equipment to get stronger (along with group+support, even training). So it makes sense he was no match for Orcs in the previous life.

And you call his deviousness and guile as a talent, but where was that when he was a human. When he got stabbed in the back, when he needed to level up, when he needed anything. He sounded more like he was an average human, nothing special in regard of tactics or 'guile'. Thus i said it was only an advantage at the start, where the monsters were still brainless fighters, without unifying. This advantage will disappear eventually or minimize, whereas humans will increasingly get better gear and he can only hope for scraps they get from kills.

If anything, swarm tactics would work best if they can find unsuspecting targets, gain exp to evolve and loot their supplies / gear and rush on to the next. Were it to actually turn into a war where both sides have equal preparation, the humans would hold way too many advantages in leadership, gear, tools and possibly even numbers (assuming the monsters after the tutorial will be divided and not under the MC) after they've recognized his group as a potential future threat.

Hence why i was thinking of Orc Lord as a potential future upgrade, maybe rallying all the monsters. The biggest advantage he has as a monster, is that monsters kneel to strength and there's less inner strife if nobody can challenge the leader, whereas humans play politics and have more greed for their standing and personal power than the 'Horde'.

Edit: Actually his biggest power is being able to communicate with humans and possibly involve the power plays in his plans, get people to join with him for benefits and poison people from within.

12. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm i see, maybe i read it wrong! just wondering when the next chapter come out! this novel is awesome ahahaha!!! i'm addicted to it.

13. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The strong get stronger. That's exactly what I'm saying? MC wasn't SKILLED enough to get preferential treatment. But that's different here; advancing his monster race, he doesn't need to be skilled. He simply needs to continue capitalizing on his advantage gained from suppressing newbies who don't know what they're doing with his decades' worth of experience. He's already got preferential treatment among his kind and is highly respected for being so "despicable". He doesn't need talent to continue stabbing at the weaknesses and deficiencies of his enemies, and his loose understanding of the humans' positions along with the addition of Jung Hayeon as a honeytrap have led to even greater gains for himself in the story so far than his own skills. This isn't talent; this is knowledge being put to use.

Also, don't twist what I'm saying. Since when did I call "his deviousness and guile as a talent"? All you're doing is restating what I said to you. See the previous guy from the first night raid the MC enacted? The one who spoke pretty words and incited other people to stand in front of him? That guy's tricks may have worked in the tutorial, but the MC reckons that it definitely would not have worked once he had gotten out into the continent. Same thing here. I was simply saying that his sneaky tactics were what gave him his initial advantage, and that he intends to keep rolling along as far as he can on the momentum he's gained.

MC is more cunning than these newbies. This comparison is important. More cunning THAN these newbies. Out in the world, it wouldn't have been enough, but here in the tutorial, it makes a rather large difference. Especially with how different the goblins are from the humans; the humans, as the MC states, eventually split apart into different groups to follow their own agenda. With the goblins, we see instead the majority of all the Southern goblins agglomerating under the MC and the others' collective tribe. MC's gaining the "preferential treatment" he couldn't get now in the tutorial.

14. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Lewd. One thrust and the Jung Hayeon has a screaming orgasm while on the march. Looks like the way to survive Alraune intercourse is to not finish so as not to die from magic exhaustion.

Poor Mev, she wanted to be first.

jimjimgimp and Agame like this.
  15. Calvis

Calvis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I mentioned it in my latest posted chapter, it's a blast posting these chapters for you. I appreciate the love and support, and the opportunity to share this with you all.
    P.S. Wasn't that last scene epic?! Maybe it's just me, but that staring scene gave me chills~

Arbalest, alamptr and Agame like this.
  16. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    First off, Calvis you are a Saint for putting these chapters out, and this will certainly be blood boiling since from the beginning when the MC reincarnated as a Goblin he never really had a hard time. He used 'Devious' and 'Dastardly' methods before in the South to gain easy power and never had to face off against someone stronger than him but now he will, from what the ending looked like, it really makes your blood boil!

17. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ach. The Northern Queen is the real deal. Probably advanced even faster than the MC did, or it just that at the same rank her magic perception abilities are better since she's advanced in jobs instead of race? Or it's that unique skill? Man. Unique skills are pretty amazing. MC's HP Increase was a unique skill too, and aside from letting him survive a spear through the chest a bit longer, it let him run a day's worth of journeying back to the city. Should be interesting to see what a more combat-oriented unique skill is like.

18. CloudyAzureSky

CloudyAzureSky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah the MC was only able to get this far from the experience he has gained from before he died it's still hard to bridge that gap when your facing a MONSTROUS genius.

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I completely forgot about the unique skills. One gets them by fulfilling special conditions, the same way unlocking job paths, right? I'm fully expecting MC to get one at the end of this conflict with the Queen. Crossing my fingers for something cool.

Perhaps the Queen has some sort of ice-based unique skill. ICE SPEAR. Gonna be a cool fight; guessing that MC and co. will have to gang up on her.

20. CloudyAzureSky

CloudyAzureSky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah after all MC's all have something envied by all that is the invincible and omnipotent plot armor