who's the dumbest mc you have seen? And why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anhrefn, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Master_x01

Master_x01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    something like that, althought that sentence: "The People die when/if they are killed" made him more infamous, just because the ridiculus pseudo-redundancy/obviousness in that statement... i mean just put that in the google-img and it will show you that thing in the first shoot...

2. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is called '' Great Demon King'' and he's only stupid at Start but the story get's interesting in later parts

3. Wildzhen

Wildzhen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree he is a dumbass also. The whole "I can destroy anyone I want but shss no one should know who I am" is ridiculous these past chapters are just awful author is making suspense out of nothing wtf?!

4. Reddu

Reddu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tilea's Worries

Seriously, even though the author decided to make MC somewhat dense that she misunderstand completely everything.

It might only me who sees her as really, really, f***king stupid!

First I thought it as refreshing and funny, but when we got close to volume 3 and still the stupidity isn't cured, it started to piss me off.

moto likes this.
  5. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    repent? there is no repenting in this series. It was abused by the author to fulfill his own autistic desires. you can repent in hell.

6. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    Search on Royal Road "Altered Tales", you will enjoy it as a casual read while waiting for the releases of your favourite stories

7. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, repenting? For CN: More like so MC has the chance to be a hypocritical arrogant bastard and get revenge on people.
    For JP: Who knows, JP tropes are too many.

8. Master_x01

Master_x01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hardcore masochist i would say... only a masochist or someone i don't know... with the power of accelerator (to be nearly intouchable and block the sound) can hope to resist the hard nut/acidic lemon that is louise or someone of her specie... althought it may also be someone who seek a hefty lvl of dificulty(like touhou lunatic) and have insane lvl of patience to crack the hard nut(aka the tsun-tsun side) that she is and keep her in dere-dere mode.

the only thing that can more detrimetral to the health that louise or someone of her lvl is a yandere... and these are for those who like to live a live full of emotions and adrenaline...

9. Kuro no Maou

Kuro no Maou BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Reading List:
    Link
    He literally says that he will repent for his sins in his past life by helping people in the new one. Originally the cycle of death and rebirth was used to atone for one"s sins and reach enlightenment, so it makes sense.

10. Master_x01

Master_x01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    has anyone mentioned any infatuated MC?

To me even the likes of Ichika can be somewhat readable compared to this, because if there is a type of character that really really bugs me, these would be the infatuated ones... those whose brain reboot itself, throwing away all rational thinking and remplacing it with dumb, very dumb things about the girl that their eyes met, thinking useless walls of parragraphs decribing the uber-mega-ultra-heavenly-divine-godly cualities that she have and whatnot they will do with her in his dillusional phantasies...

truthly annoying.

moto and Gadget like this.
  11. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    And it usually start with "She is beautiful". The one thing that make the mc fall madly in love even though he knows nothing of the girl. I absolutely hate those types!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Abandoning your friend is one of the worst sins. Mushoku Tensei, the MC may have been bullied and a Useless Hikineet and scum of the earth, but his final moment was at least noble. The MC of Gunota may have been a former hikineet due to his guilt at letting a friend die and may have picked himself up in the old world and turned his own life around before death, but the stain of betrayal is heavy. It wont matter how many he saves. until he makes it up to his friend, I will continually hate that character. Him being enslaved was well deserved. He deserves all of his misfortune. Having no magic power as a reincarnator is well deserved. It is how people die before their reincarnation that sets the tone. Is it a random death from truck sama? was he a savior like Rudeus, or the MC from Souen no Historia, or the MC from No Fatigue? Or Did he die like a bitch like in Gun ota. Not many died like a bitch like how he did.

13. kingoffrogs

kingoffrogs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC from Kampfer..... nuf said.

14. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Superman are pretty dumb... but batman are even dumber..

16. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man ikr the Mc is too plain and he doesn't really use his head...but people are going for crazy for the Anime, is it really that good?

17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I vote for the dork from that novel where the dude's entire house is transported to another world.
    The one where his dog is basically running the show and he relies on internet message boards.

18. KainMori

KainMori in relationship with novels

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno they are plural lol. so you've watched dawn of justice?

19. vaibhavjag

vaibhavjag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This excerpt from a review sums up the MCs thoughts and decision making skills:
    He doesn’t know that children can speak and walk at 6 yrs old.
    Talking? After all these years, I’m now unable to express myself properly. I’m so dumb!
    I’m on the same level as a legendary archmage but, holy shit, how can I try to gauge my own magic power? No no, I must stay low and be left alone because I’m weak.
    I’m the prince. May as well give up everything and start a coffee shop. I mean, I was a high school student before I died and that was my dream. Everyone has that dream, right?

20. Master_x01

Master_x01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The infatution isn't love by any meaning of the word, when you love someone you think about this person but you don't lose your head for it, the infatuation is a mental issue akin to dementia, because only someone mad would throw away his rationality for useless things like walls of obsesive admiration, especially in the middle of a battle.