LCD Rebirth of The Heavenly Demon

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will be interesting if he acts on that. Will lead to places he doesn't expect ^^

Ghalad likes this.
  2. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started this novel and caught up.
    Really like this novel as it expands on mc growth and thoughts as well as everyone around from servants, subbordinate, families, enemies and fiance.

The romance is set up well though we still don't know if she will end up with him as she is liking him while he just have a good feeling around her.

Then there is number 7...she seems to gain some feelings for him while in disguise and I am hoping that the author develops her more in the future.

3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    The two complaints I have about this novel are that:

1. the MC is picking massive bundles of cash way too easily

2. there's a working concept of banks and their branches at various towns and cities actually have real time status of a customer's account balance. How does that even work?

4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Most MC under the heavens/ Reincarnated always have cash to obtain. Don't question it.

2. It's not implied that he kept his money at the bank, and he has an advisor/finance person to deal with that if necessary.

----

On to talking about the novel. I believe this novel needs more exposure. Its one of the better written revenge story( for his old allies and new ) and redemption story ( changing his past mindset into a better person) out there. There's a bit of cliche here and there, but every chapter feels important and builds upon the MC goal of destroying enemies and building his new clan.

I like the brutality he has in solving problems his own way. I imagine him like a Don in a young body. Seeing the image of an old man grinning within a body of a young man.

He is like a guardian angel and the bringer of death at the same time. A good example is if Agent 47 from Hitman was free and he decided to protect his old friends from dangers by doing his old trade, assassinating. He still does violent stuff, but it is for good (of his allies).

Overall ( i read up to 84 ) its a great binge read and an enjoyable one at that. The blend of comedy and violence is just nice without making one feel unnecessary. The romance is slowly developing but no real advances are made. Villians feel cliche, but the MC actions really nullified that 'not this again' feeling because as a reader, I simply enjoyed how the MC do his thing.
    The novel is not perfect by any means, but it is a better novel out there than many similar genres to it.
    Well. Typed a lot here. Hope some of you random passerby who have not read it have a try at reading this novel.

Now that I think about it... i guess this where the title "Heavenly Demon" gets its name from? Hmmmm

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Outside of my little recc/review up there,

That chopstick to the forehead was 10/10. Sounds like a kungfu movie content.

I wonder if the poor soul died quickly or had to slowly feel the dying pain of 'taking a chopstick to the forehead?'

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  6. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're releasing 5 chapters of Rebirth of the Heavenly Demon (over time) as a teaser on Yado Inn! If you're interested in it being a full time series, check it out!

7. Gramis

Gramis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a different novel with a similar name. first chapter gave it away.

8. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What on earth are you talking about?