Overgod Ascension

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Incarneous, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incarneous

Incarneous ☕ [Transcendent Eternality] [Alexfilia's Dad]

Reading List:
    Link
    So today, Overgod Ascension was completed.

It is set in the same cosmology as Warlock of the Magus World. Leylin even showed up at the end to help out our main character. I really like this series but can't translate it because of Qidian so I'll give some summaries here.

Chapter 1: Transported to another world.
    Our MC (Wu Ming) wakes up in another world. Actually this chapter was translated long ago but never posted...
    https://pastebin.com/RqzP4ZGG
    In any case, he wakes up next to a girl, rushes around frantically to find out what the heck happened. After a while he concludes he has been transported to another world and he possessed the body of a person with the same name as him, Wu Ming. He eats up in a tower while hiding he fact he possessed the young master and finding out he's a feudal lord of shorts. He has a sister who is a dao cultivator, and no parents. The reason he can live as a tyrannical young master is due to his doting sister who happens to be super talented. He finds out the previous owner of the body kidnapped the girl who just happened to have a childhood friend that used to be a loser but was now showing talent. He's in the role of the villain. But that's not the main part of the story. The story is like WtM, a journey to level 9.

Arexio, LeylinIsOP, StaticHD and 5 others like this.
  2. john2417

john2417 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm planning on reading WMW after catching up to TMW so i'm hoping this gets translated too so i can read it when i finish WMW.

3. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the cultivation system? Also, he doesn't sound like a specially talented person so I assume he has a cheat. What is it?

4. Sythellri

Sythellri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, if you do want to translate it, might as well hire yourself to QI. It's better than translating for free and they do possess the rights. You just need to be careful of the contract that you sign. Don't sign yourself into slavery but at least you can get permission and paid to translate.

I don't like QI and their business model but the facts are that they do possess the licenses for most novels.

5. Incarneous

Reading List:
    Link
    If I work for Qidian, I wouldn't make enough money to pay my bills. =/

6. Incarneous

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2: Where is my cheat (golden finger)?
    Toward the end of Chapter 1, boom, suddenly as he eats he gets some of the memories of the body.
    Wu Ming realizes the body he currently possess doesn't really have any abilities. This is a world with supernatural power.
    Fortunately, the previous owner does know a bit about the supernatural powers of the world.
    There are the Warriors who cultivate martial arts, with bodies like steel.
    There are confucianists who read books and cultivate scholar's righteous qi and bodies.
    There are the free and unfettered daoist immortals.
    There are shamans who specialize in voodoo and borrowing the power of life force, growing poisonous insects and such.
    In any case, the guy sent after girl's childhood friend, Lin Qi has died. Wu Ming's lackey the housekeeper Wu want to go and deal with that guy personally.
    Wu Ming refuses and asks a bunch of questions of Lin Qi, as he asks, the expression on his face gets weirder and weirder. He finds out things like was childhood friend, always tried hard but always failed, has no talent, some people can train for 100 years and still not have the effect of someone else training for 1 year, but Lin Qi has been showing talent lately, basically the classic xianxia protagonist.
    Thus Wu Ming wants to settle the matter peacefully by sending back the girl, giving him money and a bunch of other things. Housekeeper Wu is flabbergasted.
    Honestly the previous Wu Ming wasn't that bad and paid a lot of money to the parents for the girl to come with him.
    Wu Ming unfortunately doesn't have much talent either. He can be considered mediocre, just enough to train in martial arts.
    As a precaution he asks housekeeper Wu to send someone to the daoist temple and request his sister who is training to send an expert because he's caused trouble. After that, he sends away a confused housekeeper Wu.
    While he's nervous to meet the sister, he's gotten enough memories to muddle past for now, if supernatural powers get involved, he wouldn't be so sure.
    After all this, he goes to his room and does something that's super important to his future, a matter of life and death.
    "System!"
    No response.
    "Cheat! (Golden Finger!)"
    Complete silence.
    "Wise old Grandpa?"
    Nothing.
    He starts searching his body and room for anything. Then he goes, "Cheat! Cheat! Where's my cheat?"
    In Wu Ming's old world, there has always been a fairy tale. Are you dissatisfied with your life? Tired of work? Bored of the mundane?
    Then get transported to another world! You'll definitely become a CEO or super warrior, get that immortal fairy or rich beautiful lady!
    So long as you get transported to another world, your problems are no longer problems!
    Wu Ming wants to make a complaint to his transmigration company. He wants to go back home.

After a long time, Wu Ming sighed and said, "I don't have a cheat. Am I only destined to play the role of the villain?"

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    StaticHD, Reindeer and garunix like this.
  7. Sythellri

Sythellri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about a specific contract that doesn't have a minimum requirement per day. I know most novels on seven chapters a week but maybe you could negotiate something less with more depending on your schedule.

8. Intactomundo

Intactomundo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please give me the link to the novel page?
    I can't seem to find it :/

9. Incarneous

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't exist yet. Because it's a Qidian novel. Hopefully Gravity or Qidian will pick it up.

StaticHD and Intactomundo like this.
  10. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    *still waiting for someone to pick it up*

zeus likes this.
  11. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    is our mc stupid enough to not kill the 'mc' who might have gotten a cheat which improves talent, or makes up for not having talent?

12. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Correction:

Is he stupid enough to send exp to the 'mc'?

Obviously, sending someone to kill the guy would just make him stronger. Ya know what plot armors are?

13. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    that's because the villains are idiotic enough to only promote some strength and not a leap in strength of the people sent, like the housekeeper and then after the housekeeper would be the sister, he should instead of sending the house keeper send the sister.

14. hatoyin97

hatoyin97 «Frigid Heart Petrification Manual»

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems tgere no world building

15. EndBringer

EndBringer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    The normal plot armor when villains sisters are involved are that they fall in love with MC :D

17. Vejay

Vejay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me the tags of Overgods Ascension?

18. nasrimumin

nasrimumin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What bloodline does wu Ming have

19. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this is super late but translations shouldn't be posted in threads. I wouldn't recommend it but you can post your translations using the blog feature: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/

I'll lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.