Question Against the Gods

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aryan, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aryan

aryan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys is ATG on hiatus? Why are the chapters not being released did the translator make any announcement? And I cannot seethe name in homepage in wuxiaworld

2. Alivraal

Alivraal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was in a semi hiatus/paused/slow release because of a trip to china, It was posted back in june about it ...

3. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator on trip in China. ATG SR and a couple others are on break til mid-julyish.

4. Shirai

Shirai 『 Silent ł Bored 』『 Rebel ł Butler 』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea how you missed the noticed, the translator mentionted it at the end of the chapter as well as next chapter preview for like an entire week before the translator left for the trip.

Dbokoont, invalidlinks, zeus and 3 others like this.
  5. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who would want to read a CN novel like every other bad CN novel, literally copy and pasting

nestle14 and Zx like this.
  6. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he could be like me waiting for chapters to bile up while looking at release dates

7. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    against the gods, tales of demons and gods, warlock of the magus world and long live summons are nice the rest that i read get repetitive fast or even super racist in some cases

Dbokoont likes this.
  8. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    lol vast majority of novels here are cheap or even trash, ATG is generic xianxia sure, but one of the best ones at it, we like it so what?

Enigma, FlameE, fuzor100 and 2 others like this.
  9. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh also cultivation chat group is really nice i recommend it

btw japanese novels also have a lot of repetition but not in the novel itself but from one novel to another. for the one's based in sword and magic world usually there is a template.
    just comes in to world with own japanese set of values, cant kill anyone (might or might not kill later on eather) meet up with a bunch of girls while traveling and grinding your skills (lots of the time she is a slave). after some time MC learns teleportation to make it so they don't have to waste time on travel anyone more or gets a flying ship or something along those lines. MC is OP and has a lovey dovey harem .... {most novels i read arent finished so i cant really comment on generic end}..

also koran novels or at least the ones about VRMMO have a common template too of a misfortunate guy that uses the game to improve his life.
    its very common for things to share a template since it works and its hard to get an audience for something new special if there arent many chapters out yet. its all about how they use that template and how the story builds up the world and characters.

btw moves and TV shows are the same too most things are predictable if you have seen enough so its all about the details for most of them.

there are exceptions but most of the time they dont work out so they would not have many chapters before getting dropped so they dont get translated.

well i am just ranting here but ya dont just say something is bad because its not original since most things these days aren't from games to books.
    and excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes i wrote this like a rant and cant be fucked checking it since i am on a study break

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
    emry and Okuri Ookami like this.
  10. Pietje1324

Pietje1324 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations, you most likely fell for a troll

11. forgottendiablo

forgottendiablo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I know I stated that I was going to China with mommychu to visit grannychu and was hoping to return sometime June or so, but mommychu struck again, pushing our flight to June 1st. My trip to China is also now extended from June to the middle of July. Due to this trip, the planned double daily month releases for MEN will now be even more delayed. They WILL still come out after my trip though! Any regular chapters for every one of our series will still be coming out when I’m there (MEN 7, ATG 7, SR *TBD by Patreon*). I will try my best to get them out according to schedule, but if any chapters are missed due to chinachu problems, all of them will be made up when I get home.

I know some people do not read the chapter posts in their haste to read the chapter so I’ll be leaving this message at the bottom of each chapter as a reminder!"

As per the bottom of ATG chapters. More recent ones stated issues with internet connectivity and her laptop. From that and the fact releases have been nil since then, it can be ascertained that she can't connect to release but will do a big dump of releases when back home.

12. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Calm down guys, its just another hater.

Most people forget that ATG was one of the early novels to be translated. In that sense, it is not a generic novel. The others after this novel are what we can call , generic. And you get an awesome MC and a good plot. Why people call this novel cancerous is beyond my intelligence.

13. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    those novels are nice?! TDG?!?! BWAHAHAHAhHHAH

Seraphic likes this.
  14. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, I don't mind educating him XD it's not just because it's among the first, cultivation system and fights are epic, also lolis and jade feet. Plenty of generic xianxia has boring cultivation and you can't really imagine it, hard to explain, let's put it this way, xianxia are like action movies, you can watch classics like rambo, commando, terminator or new ones like avengers, those would be equivalent to ATG, MW, TMW, IET novels... now some random movie from the 90's called Snake fist (I made that up) or some Nicholas Cage movie would be the rest of xianxia, or C rated action movie (though NC's movies can be so bad it's funny)

15. sigmarc

sigmarc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hey can i just ask if you have seen the japanese novels on series ranking and none of them are completed and still ongoing and there are some which even are being re written

16. Rizkyfw

Rizkyfw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i won't quote the other novels. But tdg is indeed nice until mad snail strike back and decided to rushed the novel + indefinite hiatus

17. Iramohs

Iramohs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG is trash. TDG became trash early on, Warlock is good, and LLS is dumb but entertaining.

Seraphic likes this.
  18. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    TDG became a miss early on when the author decided to make no sense with the timeline. expanding plot from just one world into a multiverse of crap. ignoring the first few chapters completely. idea was great. execution was absolute garbage

19. Rafaelrgm

Rafaelrgm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason ATG is not racist, is because it's not set in our world.
    You shoul see one of his previous work... Shura's wrath. The MC goes to japan, and just for fun humiliate them, destroy part of their national power, and blames them for it.

I'm not even exaggerating, he does that just for fun and to humiliate them. At the time he was running against time, he even cut ties with his friends(harem) because of that, and still found the time to be a jerk just because he can.
    And the main reason that he gave was the things that japan did in WW2... The story is set about a thousand years in the future... He spent most of his life in china isolated from the world and shouldn't even know that... Even if he did, a thousand years in a world plagued with war and he still does that because of a thousand years grugde...

Wow, this sh*t ended up way too long.

20. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't get why they are like that.
    I am palestinian but I don't feel like I should hurt israel citizens just because of some stuff that happened in the past that nether I or they took direct part in. It brings zero benefits to anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.