LCD Possessing Nothing

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 25, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a wonder he's still hanging around the kid. I assume that he'll teach the MC some non-trash martial art at some point (since there's no reason to have befriended him otherwise), but I can't think of why he'd do it. Well, unless he decided to take the MC as his disciple, but I doubt the MC meets his standards.

Its strange to read a story like this where, even though the MC comes from the future, he knows so little that it hardly makes any difference. Most MCs would have picked up at least one OP weapon or skill by now, but not only is he still using noob gear, his current greatest goal is a low grade stat potion that most other MC's would already be mass producing. And it doesn't sound like he really has any good plans after getting the potion either.

Link for those strange people who look at the lcd before reading the series.

@holyshin can you link this to the series page?

2. Adardoniel

Adardoniel MTL Addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Standard martial arts genius who decides to train up a super underling out of the first person they find looking at them around their own age to make sure that the underling will always be loyal to the super genius? Idk in most xianxia novels those underlings somehow breakthrough the shackles of their 'poor or decent' talent and end up right behind the MC's cultivation level. Maybe the guy thought it was fate.

3. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    MC now has the skills suitable for his "talent" he just need horse-boy to coach him and correct his flawed fundamentals. After that:-
    1. Go practice against rabbits, goblins and orcs until those skills are raised to peak level in less than 1 year.
    2. Upgrade gear and prepare for the tournament.
    3. Win tournament and drink potion.
    4. Somehow get his hands on that memorization skill horse-boy mentioned or all the intelligence in the world wont help.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if that cultivation skill qualifies him to enter a sect? Assuming that he's not willing to share it that is. Of course, if he was willing to share it, that wouldn't really guarantee him entry either. They'd be much more likely to just take the technique and then kill him.

I also wonder if the pegasus kid will try to recreate his sect here? I'd suggest that the MC encourage him to do so and then join, but that doesn't seem like something an MC in one of these series would ever do.
    The way things are going, he may well consider that potion to be trash by the time a year has passed.

I think the memorization skill he was talking about was just standard memorization. All it really takes is practice. Its just not something the MC has ever needed to do before. After all, memorization isn't the way skills are learned in Eria.

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest chapter development says it might be the other way around depending on how much inner strength MC gets.

6. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    [I am a girl]

o_O

7. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    When I had read that part I thought, wtf is it •<•.

keklel and elengee like this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright. I didn't see that one coming ;)

I wonder how that never came out in his last life? I mean, with the way these series go, she'll definitely be a world-class beauty. Did everyone just think that she was an effeminate man and were too scared to say anything?

Also wondering if this means the two of them will be involved once they're old enough.

Am I the only one that would kinda like to see those two start a training school for No Classes to bring them up to at least the level of 3rd rate martial artists?

9. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    ...So why isn't WijiHoyun the MC? The current MC is untalented even with Wiji's help, so how can this story ever progress to be anything interesting? I guess I'm just going to expect some heaven-defying luck to make him a martial genius or something.

Seriously though, Wiji's story sounds way more promising.

keklel likes this.
  10. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you aren't the only one. But rather than a school, I think it'll be the Clan/Sect.

Or maybe they'll have both?

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a clan/sect would require a greater degree of permanence in the membership than a school would. I'm not sure that they, or their potential members would really want that, but who knows. Also, with a school, it opens up the possibility of magic being taught there too.

12. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmm yes, I hate stories where the protagonist has goals to aspire to, and the world is a threat to him. It's waay more interesting seeing a special snowflake level-cap randian superman stomp on ants for 3,000 chapters instead.

13. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice strawman. There's a difference between someone aspiring towards a goal and someone who is crippled and wishes they could reach that goal. Honestly this story just feels like a bad version of Flowers For Algernon right now. The MC doesn't have the baseline talent(intelligence) needed to achieve his goal, so he's going to rely on the strength Wiji gives him(The brain surgery the doctors give him.) But what then? Will he continue to leech off of Wiji like a parasite? 40 chapters from now, what avenues of self-improvement does he even have open to him? Is the author going to turn around and go "by the way, talent isn't actually necessary to learn apex martial arts. That was just a joke. Teehee?"

Don't get me wrong, I want this story to be good, but I can't help but feel the author's going to pull some bullshit dues ex machina to force the MC to be strong even without earning his strength.

keklel likes this.
  14. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i rather enjoy reading about a main character that has to work hard for something, than about the chosen children of heaven, who gets by a lucky encounter every 3 steps

8Psycho, jacobpaige and Someguy666 like this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its more likely that it'll just take longer and involve more drugs, dark rituals and risky shortcuts personally. Though honestly, I hope I'm wrong and he decides to take a more original path.

keklel likes this.
  16. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Hardworking MC is one of my favorite tags, but a limited MC is one of my least. A man born without arms can't become the best piano player in the world. An MC without talent can't become the strongest.
    If that's how it goes I'm just going to drop it. That's exactly why I drop so many other novels. Who knew all it took to be stronger than Pangu was to just drink enough precious medicines.

keklel likes this.
  17. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    This is bound to go badly, the stench of backstabbing is high in this bunch. Looks like our MC is going to acquire that [Murder] skill he mentioned earlier.

keklel likes this.
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    As soon as she said she was female , my mind went to 'so he can get some virgin Yin'
    WHAT HAVE CN NOVELS DONE TO ME!

19. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone wanna bet that Heelong is gonna try to kill the MC and say he died fighting orcs?

20. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. It seems bullshit that the author has set up this universe where the only thing that matters is martial arts skill and the only way to get martial arts skill is talent.

Unless the MC stumbles upon a ridiculously life-changing event like an item that gives him world class talent (that also compensates for the fact that he was born with no talent) then there's no point in going on since the MC will never amount to anything and will never achieve what he wants to achieve.

Azure likes this.