Recommendations Novels like Mother of Learning

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MothEmperor07, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MothEmperor07

MothEmperor07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for novels like Mother of Learning on fanfiction.net. Only requirement is male MC. Also no dropped/long hiatus stories plzz.
    Thanks for the help.

2. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
  3. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not gonna say it~

4. MothEmperor07

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, don't leave this guy hanging?
    Is there none?
    I didn't expect one to begin with.
    Just wanted to try nonetheless.

5. Waffle

Waffle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused. Do you want fanfics that are like mother of learning in the sense of a groundhog day style story? Or do you want fictions from fictionpress (like MoL) that have that characteristic? Because if it's the former, you will have a lot of trouble finding stories that are still regularly updated with that feature, and also we need to know your preferences and knowledge in regards to certain stories that fanfictions are derived from.

6. MothEmperor07

Reading List:
    Link
    Any story. No matter where they are posted or their original work.
    I said I don't have many preferences. Please help.

7. Waffle

Waffle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The big four animes/mangas as well as the big novels have fanfics of them that involve time-travel, but I'm only aware of one groundhog day story. It's Naruto's Chunin Exam Day fanfic. If you just want time-travel, it's not that difficult to find them, just scroll through the top followed/favourited stories for each fandom read their descriptions to find them. Hopefully this helps.

MothEmperor07 likes this.
  8. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want a time travel/groundhog day setting, there's a Naruto fanfic called Time Braid that follows Sakura during the chunin exam.

9. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    I have two issues with this thread.

1. Mother of learning is on Fictionpress, not Fanfiction. They're sister sites but not the same.

2. Mother of Learning is not a fanfiction, it is an original. Learn what fanfiction means you scrubs.

10. vaggelispihas

vaggelispihas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens in mother of learning?

Im too lazy to search

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2020
  11. darkkelbek

darkkelbek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis is something like this:
    Zorian is a teenage mage of humble birth and slightly above-average skill, attending his third year of education at Cyoria's magical academy. He is a driven and irritable young man, consumed by a desire to ensure his own future and free himself of the influence of his family, whom he resents for favoring his brothers over him. Consequently, he has no time for pointless distractions or paying attention to other people's problems.
    As it happens, time is something he is about to get plenty of. On the eve of the Cyoria's annual summer festival, he is killed and brought back to the beginning of the month, just before he was about to take a train to Cyoria. Suddenly trapped in a time loop with no clear end or exit, Zorian will have to look both within and without to unravel the mystery before him. And he does have to unravel it, for the time loop hadn't been made for his sake and dangers lurk everywhere. Repetition is the mother of learning, but Zorian will have to first make sure he survives to try again - in a world of magic, even a time traveler isn't safe from those who wish him ill.

12. vaggelispihas

vaggelispihas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I already started it! :D

13. Fooljastic

Fooljastic Truly Foolish

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly.... I don't think there are any stories like Mother of learning around... I have been searching but turned up with nothing.... But I would like to recommend you a original on fictionpress.com called Triple Orb Academy.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3213769/1/Triple-Orb-Academy

It's partly a slice of life and doesn't move very fast but it is a rather well done academy story. Just give it a shot.

Fanfiction wise I would recommend you some "Harry Potter" fanfiction.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11762850/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Accidental-Horcrux
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12278649/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Chrysalis

Harry Potter is not very "Hero-like" there since he grew up with Voldemort (the horcux is awake) and it's quite fun all around.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9586702/1/Fate-s-Gamble
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10695216/1/Fate-s-Gamble-Round-Two

a harry potter and fate stay night crossover.... it's decent enough harry potter is absolutely overpowered and it's somewhat edgey but still not a bad read.

And at last Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/5782108/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Methods-of-Rationality

It's funny. It's weird. It's awesome. Just try it. That one made me laugh a lot.

I am sorry if this is not what you are looking for or if my explanations are lacking, but that's what I have for you.

14. cjk33

cjk33 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are some I can suggest but I can't find mother of learning so can't say if these are of
    An Un-Ideal Eternity
    The Breath of Creation
    The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound
    Kuro’s Days
    Atros Imperium
    The Dao of Magic
    Rules-Free VRMMO Life
    Into the Black

Fantasial Apocalypse
    Reborn in The Marvel World
    Junkyard Magician
    Once Human, Now a Parasite
    Spell Analyst
    Two Worlds
    The Fiasco
    To Break The World

and master of learning

all of these are on royalroadl

15. EndlessVoid

EndlessVoid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you not find 'Mother of learning' it's literally the first result when you Google it....

16. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kind remaind me about edge of tomorrow

17. crisapx

crisapx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind the visual medium, you can check
    • X-Files : S06E14 - Monday (Awesome episode, you don't really need to watch the whole series to enjoy it, as there is no plot ties to that episode)
    • Day Break (2006): It's a whole series of 13 episodes about a a cop who's being framed, It's not a masterpiece, but it's entertaining enough!
    • Timecrimes (2007) : It's a Spanish low budget thriller, haven't watched since it came out, but It's pretty good from what I remember.
    And of course Groundhog Day! I usually rewatch it every couple of years, it's like I'm in a time loop of my own!

Now comes the bonus film, Primer (2004), It's my favorite time-travel/loop movie, this one is not for amateurs though!
    Since the plot is very obfuscated (Even the narrator doesn't know everything because he's the 2nd iteration of the protagonist to which a later iteration explained some stuff to) you'll most likely have to watch it more than once to really understand it, I'm on my 7th viewing, sometimes I still see things and connect things that I didn't before. A nice gentleman tried to make a visual timeline of the movie that I believe got most of it right, you can find it somewhere online.
    [​IMG]
    Hit me up if you have any questions about it!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018