Malaysian Politics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by yuzuki, Apr 20, 2016.

1. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm taking a comparative politics class and I'm writing a research paper on the Malaysian political system.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone here lives in Malaysia and has anecdotal stories about their political system? What is popular opinion about the government? What is good about the system? What isn't so good? What do average people think?

Thanks!

2. Keon

Keon Legend of Xingfeng TL

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on many factors...
    For instance, what is your standing, what is your race and many thing. So many people have different stances to this

3. yuzuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm aware that Malaysia is very ethnically, religiously, etc. diverse.

However, I'm curious about your personal view (in addition to any other views you are aware of).

4. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to be to blunt, but itll be quite hard to cite nuf as a place you got information on for your class. Youll have much better luck and options if you properly search other sites rather then hoping to find a few who truly live within here.

Astaroth and Liyus like this.
  5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan someone could use some help

6. Keon

Reading List:
    Link
    It has gotten worse for the past few years. It is brutally bad for those who are not bumiputera. The gov had created so much benefits if you are a bumiputera. So, if you are a non bumiputera, you are left to fend for yourself. But the bigger problem is that the proportions of bumiputera has swell to a new high to the point wjere the gov can't even give them 'a share of that pie' anymore.

7. yuzuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, of course I have no intent to cite NUF. XD That would be silly.

But it's rather distant to write a paper solely based on research articles in JSTOR, etc. The personal factor can help me visualize things a little better.

Astaroth likes this.
  8. Fengmi

Fengmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @matcha
    Im not really knowledgeable about politics but you can try to ask me anything

9. YingYing96

YingYing96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Democratic with election every 5 year term

10. yuzuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, one thing I'm curious about is the major political parties and how you would describe them.

It's seems interesting that the Barisan Nasional has for the most part controlled the parliament. Although this coalition includes MCA and MIC (the Chinese and Indian parties), why is it that so many pro-bumiputera policies were passed even though minority ethnic groups were part of the majority coalition?

11. ChaosHead

ChaosHead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from the Philippines... Malaysian government paid/bribed our President to pass the BBL or Bangsamoro Basic Law and is planning to anex Mindanao.

Anown likes this.
  12. YingYing96

YingYing96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because that was the agreement when the country establish. Bumiputera was still majority there.

13. YingYing96

YingYing96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Malaysian PM got grand Donation from the Arab prince, he can bribe anyone he like to do whatever he want

14. chloroform

chloroform Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reality even came to NUF and slapped my fantasy life TT___TT
    well for the political situation.... right now imo it already came to "Better to have the evil we know than evils we don't know". A little corruption can be accepted but this few years the the limit of the public's patience seems to be getting stretched more and more. For example is the coming Election for Dewan Undangan Negeri Sarawak, most people around me are supporting opposition parties. It's all because the recent 1MDB scandal, GST implementation. lack of visible improvements even to bumiputra of Sarawak. Bumiputra is not just Malay FYI. There a lot of indigenous races in Sarawak that included into Bumiputra category. But for me all of this is just superficial, self-interest oriented and not really important. What I'm more worried is the increase of radical Islamic movements. I'm a muslim and I still think the current trend is too much and getting politicized too much. It's more worrying that with world wide is eyeing the muslim as terrorists and what happened in Arab Spring, I don't want that to happen here too. The second things I'm worried about is the lack of improvement towards our country education system. Until today, politicians still arguing either to teach the science and math classes in English, Malay or both or not. I pray for the peace and no war. If it means taking the lesser evils, I'll take it. It's a mad world, I'd say

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Ai chan and yuzuki like this.
  15. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    full of corruption... they dont think about the people they just think about their pocket, since the power lean toward one side only[quite a F-king long], that side can said rusty and causing other part to rust to...
    but the replacement[ opposition party] look nice, but never get better than second hand part
    then the last replacement [the religious based party], seem full of incompatible part and trying to implement new OS
    p.s sorry for engrish

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  16. clementtng

clementtng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is because most of the MCA and MIC members are already under the payroll of BN whereby they guard the interest of BN rather than the interest of their own race. Hence in recent election, generally most Chinese malaysians have lost faith in MCA.

yuzuki likes this.
  17. YingYing96

YingYing96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ruling or opposition party, they are full of crap
    only care about themself and how to make money for themself

18. Keon

Reading List:
    Link
    @chloroform it's not that the gov can't decide about the education system but rather they had made it so that they can profit themselves from the printing of new textbooks

19. invalidlinks

invalidlinks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God bless Najib Razak. on the serious note. I am not too involved in politics. all i know is that BN rules malaysia. and Rosmah is a good banker since young. haha

20. YingYing96

YingYing96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All race can't get all what they want, bumiputera give indian and chinese the right to stay in the country, not send back to their homeland. That was major sacrifice to sharing their land with immigrant. Why chinese want more than they deserve. if don't like, just going back to china or singapore