Question Leveling system in "The death mage doesn't want a fourth time)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Aure94100, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more and more lost in this story because I don't understand how Vandalieu's strengh is really progressing.

Ok, it's easy to understand for the skills but not for his grow in levels. He will always reach (quite easly) the level 100, then switch his job and train until level 100 again. I don't understand the point.

Even the monsters have a more clear way of growing with the ranking system.

In fact, I don't really have the impression that he is progressing.

Can someone explain ?

2. The Grey Mage

The Grey Mage Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is progressing the way of humans, via Jobs, which give stat and skill boosts as you level up.

KnightofGlory26 likes this.
  3. Corner Guy

Corner Guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My understanding is that when jobs level, he gets stats and (very rarely) new skills or leveling a known skill. At 100 he can get the upgraded job (apprentice to normal to master) which gives better stats or skills. Higher jobs level slower. That's the way I understand it anyway. Hope I helped.

4. KnightofGlory26

KnightofGlory26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm... the level, while important, isn't what you should look at. Basically each job you choose you raise it a hundred levels, then start again. Also each jobs level increases each of you stats (strength, magic, intellect, ect.) and then you start again and gain more stats.

Basically don't look at the level look at the stats

5. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First he manage to reach level 100 at first cause he doesn't have any job at that time.
    If you remember correctly with killing a single goblin 4 of them manage to reach level 20-30.

And his level = jobs level. Thats mean sum of all of his previous jobs level + the correct level = his level.

Got it?

6. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Each job produces a Percentage increase in stats and lowered usage cost of skills. This is the path of Humans.
    Each rank produces an increase in stats and new skills. This is the path of Monsters.

The levels simply signifies when it is time to change your job. Hence Job history. Since unlike Monster Ranks, you cannot change your Job without that "stone".

You should see the levels for job, as mastering a role.

You start the job, "Dish cleaner" and you are inexperienced level 1. Perhaps you clean one plate per minute. Due wanting to do a proper job.

But when you reach level 100, you have become a master at the job Dish Cleaner. Therefore, you can clean 100 plates per ten minutes with the same quality as you initially started.

7. Tanhalevi

Tanhalevi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine something like "Every job give certain bonuses to the growth of stats during level ups, you can also get skills. Once you fully leveled it up, choose another job to start levelling up once again with different bonuses to the normal stat growth."

That's how I got it.

8. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I understand now, even though this isn't really an exciting way of growing. I think it isn't exciting because there's no model to compare. It would be interesting to see the stats of an A class aventurer to better understand his own growth because he is growing but we basically can't even gaugde his level of progression. We can't even say to which level of strength correspond each number. Is it strong or not ? Is he growing in a fast way of not ? ...etc.

9. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    some jobs give bonusses that can't be seen in the stat screen. For example his latest job golem transmutator gave very little stats but inceases the power of golem transmutation and its related skills

10. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    you can judge based on the fact that he soloed a noble orc and add about 1 rank and a half of strength to whatever rank that orc was (because he trained since then). That's what i'm basing his strength on

11. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember that he is cursed so he can't guet exp on his own, the only way he can level up is by his subordinates exp, now giving the numbers of Ghoul under him, the undead titans, the undead that he made at the beggining, new races that are with them, he has a lot of places to guet exp to level up from.

12. KnightofGlory26

KnightofGlory26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can say he's growing fast as he is only 5 right now

13. pocketchu

pocketchu Omni

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like rebirthing in maplestory private servers

14. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the revival, but i’m reading the novel atm and have a doubt:

Ghouls are treated as living half-monsters and half-people. They start the novel with the rank system and later start to use jobs, how does this hybrid system interacts? Will this ever be explained later?

Btw, Vandalieu had many of his stats evolving evey without getting any level on rank or jobs at the early pages of the novel. Why? Is that just because he was growing up as a living being (age progression, infant, children, teenager...)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.