Spoiler There’s Always a Protagonist with Delusions of Starting a Harem

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Mystic Wonders

Mystic Wonders Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more like getting used to the weird grammar or rewiring the brain to understand mtl. Also persevering to finish the arcs because most parts that are not easy to understand will be mentioned again later with explanations. (Especially in these novels with different world arcs)

2. smr85

smr85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also MC actually not into man, at least at the beginning. I still reading the Fist arc right now, when the Brother in Law start showing his love to the MC and MC reaction is like:
    "Why he kiss me? we both man, hey system something wrong with this Man :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:"
    and the system just keep silent :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    part of dialog by MTL edited:
    ML: Xiao Yang (MC name in this arc)....., do not hide from me okay. I just can not afford to loose you.....
    MC: [System!!! Are you not crazy, why did he (ML) say this easy to missunderstand word??]
    System (Called Babel?): [ML and Protagonist love chance has dropped to 15%, please keep on your effort. Also the Man (ML) is not under my control/jurisdiction]
    MC: [Babel you BASTARDDD!!!]
    :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Haney_Sugar, Zhen_Qing, mmem and 22 others like this.
  3. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's a dna researcher and it's been hinted that ML's some kind of god. MC got involved b/c he was in a flying car accident and heavily injured, and ML's soul was sealed to reincarnate. I haven't gotten to the big reveal yet, though I can come back and add details after I finish.

I won't go into too much detail since I'm procrastinating and shouldn't even be here but this should give you a general gist of each arc's setting. Protag refers to the protagonist of the arc's world, and the titles are in reference to what the protag's original story is about. First 10 arcs for now (since after that, there are some major changes and reveals), and I'll do the rest later.

MC takes over the body of a mob character and gets their memories, though the timeline of when MC takes over varies from arc to arc. For simplicity, I use MC/ML to refer to the identity that they take over, and what's mentioned is mostly what happens in the original plot rather than what happens after MC changes it, like how the world ends.

EDIT: Added in where MC takes over and starts changing the plot.

The protag is a girl who gets amnesia (and already has a fiance) and gets taken in as ML's live-in gardener. There's only 2 harem members, ML and the fiance. MC becomes ML's brother-in-law that lives w/ ML (since his sister/ML's former wife died). The world gets destroyed b/c after the protag dies, her children of different fathers start fighting each other, and that escalates through many generations until the world gets destroyed.

This is the arc that establishes MC and ML's relationship, and it's the only arc which shows the process of them falling in love, since in subsequent arcs, ML pretty much finds MC and immediately falls in love even though he doesn't have his past life's memories.

MC takes over up after the protag becomes ML's gardener but before he and ML's relationship becomes terrible due to the protag.

The protag is a talented actress that failed due to schemes, dies miserably, and is reborn as her past self. Her harem consists of the king of the silver screen and his twin brother. ML is the twins' uncle, and MC becomes the scumbag boyfriend that dumped the protag for this other actress. The world gets destroyed b/c w/ the help of the twins, the protag becomes this saint-level public figure, and then a religion is created in her name, and then that religion gets corrupted, and then the world falls into war and ends.

MC takes over after the protag already dumped the original host's identity and started her campaign to ruin his life, but before his reputation was actually ruined so he was able to turn things around.

The protag is a modern guy that transmigrated into the illegitamate child of a noble house in an ancient China-esque world. His harem consists of a general, the prince that eventually becomes emperor, and his half brother who becomes the prime minister. ML is the youngest prince (not the one in the protag's harem), and MC is the protag's other half brother (the younger brother of the guy in the harem). The world ends b/c the upper level politics gets really messed up due to the protag's uncertain and ambiguous relationship w/ powerful political members (iirc he doesn't officially end up w/ any of them), plus he introduced explosives in order to help his harem member turned emperor take over other countries, and in the end war destroys the world.

The protag was originally suppose to be ML's learning partner b/c MC's original host refused, but MC took over before that happened, becoming ML's learning partner instead.

In this world, some people have awakened to have superpowers, and live in colonies where the people with powers go out in squads to forage for food. People who don't have powers can only depend on those that do, b/c the zombies here are pretty strong and fast.

The protag is a guy with healing powers who has a special space with a spring. His harem consists of two guys with strong powers that are currently on his squad, a doctor that later saves his life, and a former soldier who he saves. ML is the scientist that's working on a cure for the zombie virus, and MC becomes a guy with no powers that liked one of the harem members (the leader of the protag's squad). The world ends b/c the scientist working on the cure died before he could complete it, and despite the protag and his harem's efforts, they couldn't find one either. After they die, the zombies evolved and killed all of humanity.

The protag meets the last two members of his harem after MC's original host tries to kill him. MC takes over before the happens, and instead of the protag ending up stranded in the midst of zombie all alone, MC ends up being stranded alone (and meeting the harem members).

This is pretty k-drama-esque, so I won't spoil the twist unless someone asks. MC becomes the guy who's a "replacement" for the son of a rich family that was kidnapped, and he's brainwashed to believe he's someone he's not. After the protag shows up as the "real" son, MC is exposed, kicked out, and dies. ML is the adopted son of MC's real family, and the world ends b/c he enacts revenge on the protag and his harem for killing his little brother, which escalates to a war that destroys the world.

MC takes over before the original host meets the protag at college who starts the whole "exposing" plot. Instead, he goes to meet one of the harem members so that he becomes the one to "expose" himself.

The protag is a scumbag guy who, due to a fortuitous encounter, goes from waste to super genius and learns a dual cultivation technique that makes everyone he's had sex with fall in love with him, earning a huge harem of beauties. MC is the younger brother of the protag's former fiancee that dumped him, and ML is the king of all magical beasts. The world ends b/c of a fight b/t the protag and the king of all magical beasts + the protag's harem's family members that are super pissed off at the protag for brainwashing their daughters. The protag self explodes when he realizes he can't win, and that was so powerful that it screws up the world and it falls to ruin.

MC takes over as the protag is trying to kill his original host and his sister, barely saving his sister and his own life. This is the start of 'difficult mode' (MC was on 'easy mode' in previous arcs).

I honestly don't know what to call this, b/c it's not really omegaverse, but I don't really know what else to call it. There's a third gender that's basically the stereotypical, weak, female-looking uke you often find in yaoi, but can also get pregnant. Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil translates it to "Ger" and the summary listed above translated it to "buddy", but I'll just use the original 哥儿 here for now.

It's set in ancient times, MC is a 哥儿, and ML is the general he is already married to when he takes over. The protag's identity is hard to explain w/o spoiling major twists, b/c this is also the first arc where the System's info majorly starts glitching. The world ends b/c the general dies and an enemy country takes over their country, then the protag and his harem fight to get the country back, and eventually one of the harem members becomes the emperor. After all the harem members die, the protag uses his son as a puppet emperor, the enemy country attacks again, and the two countries destroy each other. The smaller neighboring countries take advantage to fight over the land, and then it becomes all out war and the world ends.

MC takes over after he and the protag's "marriage partner switch" has already taken place, realizing that his current situation doesn't match up w/ the info that the System gives. The first thing he does is to extort a divorce certificate out of his mother-in-law, though ML shows up in the nick of time and they don't really get divorced.

The protag is a guy who goes into a coma after a car accident and wakes up in the body of a girl. His/her tomboy-ish actions attract a large harem, one of which is ML, and MC becomes the guy that was jealous of the protag and hired a thug to take the protag's life. The female body the protag took over dies, and years later, the protag wakes up back in his old body. The world gets destroyed b/c the protag keeps cheating on his all-male harem with women, eventually sleeping with the wife of this rich guy. The protag gets killed by the rich guy's wife and children, and then the harem members and the rich guy get into an all out war which eventually destroys the world.

MC takes over right before the female body the protag took over gets killed. He rushes over and prevents that from happening, and gets stabbed by the knife instead.

The protag is a crippled girl who becomes famous for being the only one able to cook food that gives buffs in a popular virtual reality mmorpg game. She then goes on to open restaurants in the real world with the help of the harem members she's collected from her online fame. MC is the older brother of the rival girl who's family business was ruined by the protag + harem, and ML is the creator of the VR game. The world gets destroyed through a rather bizarre and long string of events that eventually ends in world war.

MC takes over after his family's restaurant business had already been ruined by the protag, and the protag had already collected her entire harem. Luckily, this was still before the protag released her own VR game (which triggered the aforementioned bizarre string of events).

This is an all male world where everyone is categorized into alpha, beta, or omega, so not quite the same as the western version of a/b/o. In terms of technological advancement, this world is very similar to MC's original world. However, here, humanity is fighting against the bug race that's trying to destroy everything. There's mechas, space colonies, and various human factions.

The protag (omega masquerading as beta) is new student that's double majoring as a mecha pilot and a mecha engineer. MC (beta) is one of the protag's roommates, and ML (alpha) is the first prince of the Empire. The world ends b/c the protag and his harem members, who are all part of the top echelon of humanity's defense, all die in battle, and then the bug race destroys humanity.

MC takes over during the final aptitude exam before the school officially starts, so the protag and the harem members have yet to meet.

I've tried to leave out the incorrect info that the System gives w/o spoiling too much and didn't include much on how MC changes the plot, b/c that involves way too much typing, especially in some arcs where it's plot twist after plot twist.

It wasn't mentioned, but it's hinted strongly that it was due to interference from the soul flags to trick MC. If MC had acted rashly and the System didn't stop him, he would have been forcefully ejected out of that world.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    JoshyM62, juanexbi, Xi-hime and 38 others like this.
  4. smr85

smr85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t thank you :love::love::love::love: still finishing 1st arc and will use your summary when I read each respective arc. this story really have similar feel with quickly wear the face of the devil (FOD) and I like it, since I can read per arc, it was not to tiring for MTL.
    But unlike FOD which MC actually guy and seduce ML, in here ML the one that seduce/pursue the MC to become gay :p:p:p:D:D:D:oops::oops::oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    KuroYousei, Wulin, readerz and 4 others like this.
  5. Mystic Wonders

Mystic Wonders Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha the system is so funny and adorable. The ML is very attached to the MC :)

Thank you! \(^_^)/

readerz and kiara8 like this.
  6. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fairly sure this is meant to be a comedy but ... everything ends in world annihilation. I'm in super disbelief right now.

7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The arc nature of this novel definitely makes it easy to read in pieces. Now that you mention it, it's pretty much ML pursuing/finding MC in all the worlds.

The System is the cutest!!

The worlds don't really end b/c MC manages to change what happens, but knowing how the original world was "supposed" to end is part of the novel's humor. This novel's not very dark, though the last few arcs start raising the stakes. Maybe I should go back and edit in when MC enters and the plot starts changing...

Heungbo, mmem, puu264 and 9 others like this.
  8. krrizis

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t

Nah, just wish they don't have every arc (originally) end with world annihilation. At least give me something else to chew on. When it gets repetitive, it does get old. LOL

readerz, Ease, Kittsune and 2 others like this.
  9. smr85

smr85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but it is like that. if you read "my disciple died yet again" it has similar problem, cause of bug, the world will end, and the MC task is to prevent the world end

Heungbo, mmem, HesheFell and 4 others like this.
  10. krrizis

Reading List:
    Link
    Except "My Disciple Died Yet Again" didn't really play with the harem plot so much as had just a lot more broken things happening everywhere with almost immediate effects. Most of "delusions" involve a small accident that snowballs into the end of the world many, many years later.

11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the premise of the plot is to prevent the world from ending by destroying harems, so MC is specifically only sent to worlds that will end. Personally, I found the repetition part of the humor, though I suppose finding world annihilation funny might mean that my sense of humor is a bit on the dark side...

At first, I too found the butterfly effect quite...far fetched, but trust me, there is an explanation for why harems need to be destroyed (though whether that's any less far fetched is up to your interpretation).

Zhen_Qing, Heungbo, puu264 and 12 others like this.
  12. krrizis

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing wrong with liking dark stuff. I love them too.

I think my current view stems from judging it based off your summary. :/
    If I could actually read and understand the material, it would probably have a different effect.

13. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I definitely agree. Before I made the summary, it hadn't really occurred to me how (almost) every world ended b/c of war, lol. I left out a lot of details, and I think those details definitely make it seem less repetitive.

14. smr85

smr85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, the harem plot only happen to 2 or 3 bug character, the 1st one and another female char with marry sue cheat.
    By the way imo the reason why ml in this novel chase on mc cause mc is the one that awaken ml. In first arc cause mc try to cure ml insomnia problem mc use his spirit force (?) to soothe ml nerves, and cause of that ml spirit force also awaken. If the ml really god in those universe I think he was on trance or sleeping mode, thats why every world ended. And whoever created the system than decided to call on outside force which is MC to help the world. But in 1st arc mc accidentally awaken the god/ml. That's why on every next arc the god looking for mc. The god can know the mc by recognized his spirit force, cause up to 2 arc what the ml looking for from mc is the spirit force interaction, the ml by instict want to be close and warp arround mc spirit force

Heungbo, mmem, puu264 and 15 others like this.
  15. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm, I got through around 20-30 chapters (?) and it seems like a light read. Not much in the way of plot or character development, but it's got BL and a nice faithful couple that tends more towards cute. Kind of like Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil except less hardcore.

Or maybe that's because I stopped reading before the MC encountered 'hard mode.' Guess my favorites are still focused slow-build novels with huge plot. XD

16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading the novel right now, it seems MC need to decrease the love chances of all the harem members with the protag. Good thing the harems here is not as big as Binghe-ge's harem

17. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Wants to put her grubby hands on the novel
    Harem destroyer... I wanna tl... *^*
    *despairs*

Inland, maya_sov, KuroYousei and 3 others like this.
  18. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    //guiltily trying to tl a bit on mobile. I give up, will attempt next time >.>
    第1章 霸道姐夫爱上我
    The Overbearing Brother-in-law Fell In Love With Me
    叶之洲快死了,然后他又活了,还活成了别人的样子。
    Ye Zhizhou died quickly, but then was alive again. And he was even alive with someone else's appearance.
    车窗上印出一张陌生的脸,很白,很胖,胖得看不清五官。他垂眼,仔细打量着手中的“古董”手机,眼中一片震惊过度后的麻木。
    The unfamiliar face reflected by the car window was very white, very fat, so fat he couldn't make out the facial features. He looked down and carefully studied the "antique" cell phone in his hand, following that was numbness from the shock.

To be continued...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t Can you go into details for Arc 7 for me? The protag and MC have similar name so I have no idea what happen

Heungbo and readerz like this.
  20. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone tell me, what is NP in chinese?

readerz likes this.