A Creepy and Disturbing Encounter of Mine

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tian Long, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha he's nit much of a boogie man if he can't even see mt. Tai

2. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Pencil lead. In the door frame. Or go expensive and buy a camera. But I'm pretty sure the offered sleepwalking examples are the best unless you have gotten black out drunk a lot recently (and as I'm guessing your age is under 18, I'm kind of doubting that one).

One thing you could do is keep a late night log. If you mark it every time you go to sleep and make it a habit you could get messages from your unconscious self. Might be kind of cool.

3. Tian Long

Tian Long ❮Purityfag❯ · ❮Anti-NTR Ancestor❯ · ❮Purist❯

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously I actually had a trauma setting up cameras while I'm asleep. So no. And I'm not going to expound about it either.
    Also, I'm not that much of a bishie to have stalkers bro.
    Yep I do think it's also sleepwalking but seriously it would be too cool for me to open the door by myself asleep and making it all seem normal while asleep.

That aside though, I'm under 18 so yeah. And also about that log thing, what do you mean?

4. not_here

not_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did any of that ever happened when you aren't sleeping at your house?

5. Tian Long

Reading List:
    Link
    No, no experience at all. And it just happened recently too.

6. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Certain studies have shown that conscious activities that we do by habit (eg opening and locking doors) are also done while sleepwalking. So if you repeatedly write in a journal or diary of some kind right before you go to sleep, there's a chance that you will continue to do so while sleepwalking (and thus dreaming/unconscious). Wonder what sorts of things you would find...

Tian Long likes this.
  7. not_here

not_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try closing the window at night. :D

Tian Long likes this.
  8. dlist

dlist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That mean sauna sleeping

9. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your brother is just *cricket* with you.

Close and lock the window.

10. Jin Mori

Jin Mori Absentee MC

Reading List:
    Link
    Give your mom the key, and have her lock the door from the outside. Leave a blanket or pillow on the outside. Have your mom open the door and wake you up in the morning.

On the topic of sleep walking, I once went downstairs to my piano, and started playing it in the middle of the night. Freaked out my entire family.

*Cough* *Cough* Deathnote *Cough* *Cough*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
  11. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a sleepwalker. I have done many things in my sleep, like holding many a conversations and was told them in the morning with no memory of it happening. Also other physical activities like accidentally locking myself out of my house (I was 8 and woke up my parents that was 16yrs ago.) and even sleep sex with my gf at the time again i did not remember it ever happening. So its highly possible its sleepwalking my friend. If not, then now is the time to start cultivating for the upcoming boss battle.

12. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    Close and lock the window then record yourself or move. Anyone who refuses to take those (very rational) precautions in you situation has in my opinion voted themselves OUT of the gene pool!

Edit: forgot to add make sure you tell people you know or live with whats going on.

13. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Or into it, as the case may be.

14. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously though even being realistic and ignoring outlandish theories like ghosts or wutnot sleepwalking can be very dangerous, anything from falling down stairs to cooking and burning your house down. If you're not trolling us you really do need to take it seriously and ask someone to watch you or record yourself ...people die ignoring less dangerous issues.

15. Ry Aru

Ry Aru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't fine? it's not like something bad happened right?

16. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Began hypothetical absolute worst case speculation:
    It starts rather innocently as the OP simply sleepwalks out of their house and into the street. A passing car rushing down is forced to rapidly brake and stop to avoid killing them, incidentally swerving into a nearby bakery that is actually a cover for the local mob. Furious, said mob rushes to war seeking justice against the driver who happened to be an employee at the mayors estate. Angered by this coordination among the governing bodies they march on the capital and contact their allies in NY and DC, where similar large scale insurrections begin.....
    Long story short the world ends due to irresponsible use of nuclear launch codes and everyone dies. So yeah, nothing bad could possibly happen. At all.

17. Tian Long

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, very hot indeed.
    Already buying my HP recovery items, thanks!
    Its really a serious situation, but I just can't ask anyone in the house. I usually sleep at 4 in the morning so by then I doubt my family's still up.
    #hijack hahahaha

18. Ry Aru

Ry Aru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...isn't that too much? well even if it's happened it's not really his fault. pft

Tian Long likes this.
  19. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely a case of somnabulism/parasomnia.

Don't worry, it would disappear as your brain matured... (just blame the sleep-awake switch function in hypothalamus.
    But try to identify and remove any surroundings factors that may be cause it; this may include ensuring having a good sleep, sleep at regular time (nice sleep schedule) and do you have an underlying medical conditions (like gastroesophageal reflux, sleep apnea, tics or seizures)?
    Try to reduce auditory, tactile, and visual stimuli when you sleep. The excess stimuli might cause the brain (car) still awake when the consciousness (driver) is not holding the steering wheel.

20. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    If you shall need help; I, your father, shall lend my assistance as I am a fellow nocturnal sect member (I work 10pm-6am GMT -4 (EST) so I am always up.)

Tian Long likes this.