LCD Emperor of Solo Play

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was more of a Class-wide upgrade.

Seems like they permanently modify all abilities in 1 skill tree so it might even be possible for Hyrkan to get more than 1 Ancient Power for his other skill trees.

Depends how ridiculous the Author wants to go. Only 43 chapters left to the end.

2. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Could someone tell me when are chapters released? For now it seems like random releases.

3. Teisen

Teisen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still hope for the Queen to become his girl ;)

4. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly I think giving Hyrkan Frost and Shir Fire is a big enough tell about how that's going to work out.

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can apparently get all of them though.
    I think you can toggle it but you probably still have to pick a skill tree to set it on.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  6. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Oy! That's a lot of people who knows he's suddenly flush with money because of the Frozen Kingdom movie. While there is client confidentiality, there's also the real possibility of someone bragging. All you need is someone else overhearing and deciding to pass a rumor on a forum for speculation.

7. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    And after all that, he's now broke again.

8. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean his real identity leaking? Players already believe he's loaded with how he's able to play solo (not swayed by the big guild incentives possibly means he has a powerful backer already) and tosses expensive consumables.

9. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    He might be approached outside the game.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I was under the impression that users couldn't remove their watch without cutting off their hands.

11. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if his Skeleton Magicians would use an ice spell instead of Fireball when the ancient power of Frost is active?
    It's likely either a part of the Death Knight skill or a new ability granted by 2nd advancement.

12. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    This and the other Death Knight + Skeleton Steed coop attacks, how are they physically possible? The DK would need to be in front of the SS or if the DK was using something with reach like a glaive. Or the SS was able to stop on a dime and stomp sideways.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  13. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He should really hire a business manager. If he wants to make money outside the game efficiently, its better to have someone who knows what they're doing do it for him while he's in the game. At the very least, they can weed out the worst deals so that he doesn't waste as much time on it himself.

What does the author mean by "Unlike the original Rich Lich, he didn’t have 5 million dollars to wield as a weapon"? Of course he doesn't have 5 million, he has well over 9 million. The author just said that he made that much on the first day of the video's release. I mean sure, about half of that probably went to taxes and production costs, but that was only the first day. There's no way he didn't earn more than 5 million from that movie. He's way richer than the old Rich Lich. I really wish the author would learn basic math. I doubt most five year olds would make some of the mistakes he does.

I really don't get why he feels the need to be an a**hole to everyone he meets. It wouldn't kill him to be polite to people until after they've tried to screw him.

"Every audience loved a hero that saved others in dire straits with overwhelming power." Yeah, but that's not what's happening here. What's happening here is a pig teammate who refused to help the team, waited till they were all about to die and then swooped in to play hero and make everyone else look bad. Basically, its just an a**hole showing off by screwing over the people that were relying on him.

I don't think I can keep reading this. The author is an idiot, the "hero" is an a**hat and there's absolutely no sign of either improving as they're both absolutely convinced that they're perfect.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm blaming it on the MC. He doesn't know how much Rich Lich actually had and so threw out a random high number. Also didn't that happen before he released the movie? At any rate something odd being said every now and then isn't too bad. He's playing in a manner that supports him having the money so the actual events are moving logically.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  15. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suddenly it's now a free-for-all "race to the finishing line".

Hectic. Good.. I'm liking the direction thus far.

16. Qt

Qt Qt is cute

Reading List:
    Link
    But rich lich is a literal prince (iirc), and maybe the author meant as disposable income?

17. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What difference would that make? Every won the MC gets goes to the game, so if all we're comparing is money spent on the game, then he still far outstrips the original.

18. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he pick up a second Ancient Power? Why hasn't he used it yet?

Also nitpicking, as we're nearing the end I've started to get annoyed at how the story is told. The start of every other sentence/paragraph is a character's name, and when the author introduces things he waits for them to be mentioned to explain it.

The thing that immediately comes to mind is the first episode of Gintama character introductions. Something appears/is mentioned, freeze frame, narrator explanation.

19. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Original Rich Lich literally p2w his character. I doubt MC spends more than him before MC prince raid video. MC did beat original Rich Lich tho after that prince raid and frozen kingdom video.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, like I said the MC is probably just throwing out random big numbers. I don't think it's possible that the Rich Lich only had 5 million with the way he was described as playing.