Recommendations Non-standard harem

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Rhin, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Golan

Golan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is exactly what I said, and in contrast with what you said: Polyandry is a form of Polygamy (which tells you that polygamy is the generic broader term that includes Polyandry and Polygyny and Polyamory even); if you were to search the Polygyny definition you would find that it is a form of Polygamy in which a man takes two or more wives.

Polygyny (/pəˈlɪdʒɪniː/; from Neoclassical Greek πολυγυνία from πολύ- poly- "many", and γυνή gyne "woman" or "wife"[1]) is the most common and accepted form of polygamy, entailing the marriage of a man with several women. Most countries that permit polygamy are Muslim-majority countries in which polygyny is the only form permitted. Polyandry is illegal in virtually every state of the world.

Better yet, just searching Polygamy:

Polygamy (from Late Greek πολυγαμία, polygamía, "state of marriage to many spouses")[1][2][3][4] is the practice of marrying multiple spouses. When a man is married to more than one wife at a time, it is called polygyny. When a woman is married to more than one husband at a time, it is called polyandry. If a marriage includes multiple husbands and wives, it can be called a group marriage.

In contrast, monogamy is marriage consisting of only two parties. Like "monogamy", the term "polygamy" is often used in a de facto sense, applied regardless of whether the relationship is recognized by the state.[n 1] In sociobiology and zoology, researchers use polygamy in a broad sense to mean any form of multiple mating.

Polygamy is widely accepted and outlawed among different societies worldwide. According to the Ethnographic Atlas, of 1,231 societies noted, 588 had frequent polygyny, 453 had occasional polygyny, 186 were monogamous and 4 had polyandry.[5]

Edit: My first post may have been not clear, I was contrasting your Polygamy definition, not your Polyandry definition.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot 'bout this mangad/animes:
    Monmusu (well...at least species-wise it is different...)
    Abnormal-kei Joshi

3. vanana

vanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope you didn't not miss something, but from the beginning Sevens was not your typical chick magnet attracts all, it's closer to Politics and Reasoning. For now let's take a look: Aria's Family was branded as a criminal, and she is not exempted to the charges her father committed, so her punishment is inevitable, if Novem didn't forced Lyle to let Aria Join her, she'll end up as a Prostitute. It's rationale was unnoticeable because there's a lot of implied writing.

You'll see the realistic harem element in the later volumes, it will start at Volume 3, though the crucial point would be at Volume 8 which is the biggest game changer of Sevens, and at Volume 9, the conquest . Well Sevens was designed to be read slowly, so take your time.

Also the biggest reason why I love Sevens and why I recommended at top of my list was because of Character development of each person. Each of them has their own consistent characteristics and charm that I can't decide who's the best girl, although a lot of them has a small screen time.
    I thought you're looking for Erotica?

4. Rwings

Rwings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon Defense - Twist is every member of the harem both the main character and his girls are sociopaths.
    Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Twist is it actually makes sense. Set in medieval times with lots of wars and girls with their own life and goals that lead them away from and sometimes against the main character.
    The Reunion With Twelve Fascinating Goddesses - Twist is the MC has to make his harem refall for him. After gathering his girls and defeating the demon king he goes back to his world to see his dying Grandma. After she dies he returns a year later. Only time past differently between the two worlds. In his 10 year absence the girls that helped him saved humanity now lead lives that put them at odds with humanity.
    Pure Love ✕ Insult Complex - Twist is the main character is drawn into a crime syndicate made up of victims of enforced prostitution. Everyone is either broken or becomes broken based on the actions of the syndicate. Lots of rape and people suffering because of it.

English harem stories (has some levels of R-rated sex in it).

Opus One - A coming of age story about three musicians who find themselves in a ménage à trois during their first year of college.
    Model Student - First time away from home while attending college a depressed artist finds himself in a ménage à trois with a fellow classmate and a former model/racquetball champion/mother of two kids.
    Three Square Meals - A space story about a retired military man who discovers his fathers alien race has a rather unique ability on the women he sleeps with. It would be a better story if the author didn't focus so much on the sex aspect. Still I enjoyed it even when I did have to skim over a lot of the earlier chapters.
    Sea King - A young warrior fresh from the academy on his way to his first posting finds his ship overrun by pirates. To save his aunt and cousin from falling victim to the pirates he is forced to enslave them to himself. The stories set up is a very sex based one, but the rest of the story is decent from what I remember of it.
    POW (Prisoner Of The Widows) - A solider finds his plane crash landing in Iraq. His savior/captors are four widows in need of a male figure head.

5. Luxcilla

Luxcilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh.. Reading this original ero-novel i don't remember anymore because he took his site down and it was a long time ago.

I was happily following the MC fucking women left and right with his card(given by the gods, which he could just shows it to anyone and they will agree with him every time with any request . ) but suddenly he met a girl with the same card and with the same abilities, they shared their experiences and they lived happily ever after... Or so I've thought, the author released 7 chapters 2 weeks or more later and did a time skip.

2 years later

The MC just wondered around his mansion reminiscing the past events and the time when he swore to never use the card again(why?) when suddenly he saw a man coming out of his garden(huge? Maze? Idk.).
    He asked the where where he came from and what's he doing there, the man said "Look for yer'self" laughed and ran off, MC then went into the garden and found a ladder going underground beside his garden shed and our pitiful MC went down....

You know what he sees? His wife (the girl with the same card, and I guess they were married) was having sex with tons of guys and all he did was peek outside the door shocked and never did a thing, he left after.

He confronts his wife later that night and his wife tells him that he can't satisfy her anymore. He was so cucked that he uses his card to make her shoot herself and then killed himself.

I dunno what the author was thinking doing those chapters but he soon deleted his site short after that.

The worst part about it is that the gangbang was a 4 and half chapters and the chapters was so long i need to swipe 5-6 times to get to the end and the sex part were so detailed that you could count how many the guys moved their hips.

And thus my hatred for Netorare was born. Fuck that author.

I've read stuff like those in other ero-novels but they don't affect the main stories and were just extras.
    So all of those are just "accidental".