Spoiler Reader and protagonist must be true love

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Only just read further lol, I'm providing live commentary. XDDD

kly likes this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    So what was ML's reaction to the "meow"?

kly likes this.
  3. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Both were "......"

Then they saw the cat. XD

kly, Ease, DarkBlue and 2 others like this.
  4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.....Reader NTR MC from the cat, huh? :p

kly, Fulmine Chrys, readerz and 2 others like this.
  5. foxymirage

foxymirage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor do you know the name of the MC and ML? I'm trying to MTL and it's eating my brain alive.... I need to at least pinpoint their names tho

kly likes this.
  6. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u guys are finally starting a thread about this? cool.

i read the whole series, really liked the relationship of mc and ml they're cute and sweet (also ml gets pretty yandere lel)

u guys know there's manhua version too rite? here's one site with it: www(dot)u17(dot)com /comic/58328(dot)html cover page is when mc first meets ml.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    kly, wraven881, Luen and 5 others like this.
  7. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's name is Du Ze (杜泽), it's a pun because it sounds like Du Zhe (读者) which means "Reader." so when ml first asks him who is he goes "I'm...Du Ze" (I'm [the] Reader)

ML's name is Xiu (修)

edit: oops sorry dbl post

kly, wraven881, Ease and 7 others like this.
  8. foxymirage

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! *hugs u* if it's not a problem, can you please summarize what happened in the early chapters? (maybe from chap 1-5?) So that I could construct the world first in my head before braining my brain until it bleeds with MTL. I usually start MTLing with translated series, so starting from zero is quite hard for my poor insignificant brain. *sobs

kly, Luen, Misaki Yata and 2 others like this.
  9. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    k, here i go~

chapter 1
    our mc Du Ze is a webnovel fan but a "black fan" who leaves nasty comments to show his love/support for stories 'cause they get more attention than the regular "this is gud" comments or something

one day he sees a new webnovel called 《混血》(Mixed Blood) that he ends up really liking, it's a fantasy story set in a world with 8 races (this is important b/c these will all be the ML's races later). btw i'm using the names from the art of the series because i guess they're canon?

it's this pic (sorry cant post links yet) forum(dot)novelupdates(dot)com /attachments/ddd-jpg.19784/

The Creator of the Eight Races said, as long as you pay the price, you may take away a talent for your own
    The Elyos
    (those angel people) gave up humility to gain regeneration,
    The Asmodians
    (those devil horn people) gave up kindness to gain destruction,
    The Elves gave up passion to gain the holy/divine arrows/marksmanship (??not sure about this one),
    The Gnomes
    (aka the dwarves) gave up cool-headedness to gain forging abilities,
    The Dragons gave up restraint to gain defense,
    The Undead gave up compassion to gain the ability to never die,
    The Orcs
    (they're more like beast people i dunno why it's Orcs) gave up reason to gain rampage,
    The Humans gave up tolerance to gain the ability to learn
    [all things]
    When a youth who possessed blood from all eight races appeared, a legend began.

so yeah the MC really likes the story that the author wrote with the ML but because he's a "black fan" he puts in a 1-star rating on a chapter and a negative review complaining that the MC's too "Virgin Mary/Holy Mother/aka a Saint" when inside his heart he's all like "yesh! moar! make him get all the girls and that princess!!" (btw his username is "Du Zi" 肚子 which means 'stomach' but it's another pun because it sounds like his real name Du Ze hahaha)

end of first chapter has an excerpt from "Mixed Blood" where the mc Xiu saves the part of a snobby princess and one of his teammates is like "Xiu, why are you so good to everyone?"

and Xiu goes "I'm just doing what should be done"

remember how nice Xiu is because our MC totally ruins him accidentally-sort-of-on-purpose with a review he leaves later on

btw the thing i find cool about this novel is that they put excerpts of the 'original' novel in the chapters so you can kinda read how things went in the book before the mc dropped in
    also the book is from mc's point of view but sometimes at the end of chapters u get some paragraphs in ml's view just telling his thoughts like 'because he's mine now, it doesn't matter if he doesn't want to stay blah blah'

chapter 2
    so c2 opens with the author replying to Du Ze's nasty review complaining about the ML being too "holy" and having sh** for brains for helpin out the bad guys, and how much he's looking forward to the bad guys tormenting him until he's close to death

the author goes: "...understood." or kinda more like "...aptly instructed" or like "...I've accepted your lesson."

the other readers go "ignore him, he's a rabid dog (troll)" and shout at DZ to scram if he doesn't like story

DZ like's shoot i didn't mean it but it's too late, the author writes the story so that the MC's connection to the undead clan makes him suspected by friends and allies alike. then they torture him by melting away his skin and blood or something with a spell to leave him a skeleton but he doesn't die cause he awakens his Undead bloodline (and the Undead can never die b/c of their deal with the Creator)

his friends are shocked but like the paladins of the light god (they're part of the Church in the story) tell them to hurry up and kill him

MC manages to run away and gets one of his teammates (girl named Luo Luo 萝萝, or Rouge) to go back to school to get his things from him while he waits. instead of Luo Luo it's the paladins that show up instead, hinting that she betrayed him

actually she didn't, she was knocked out by another one of MC's friends that really did sell him out but we don't find this out until later in the story

MC is forced to run for his life from ppl trying to kill him and keep getting betrayed by people who he thought could help him, or getting screamed at by people he tries to help cause hello, living walking skeleton here--

the last part of c2 is another excerpt from Mixed Blood, this time telling the story of how Xiu gets betrayed by one of his old friends again, someone named Daniel (丹尼尔)who told him

"I'm sorry, Xiu, but it's better for you to die."

and it gets all angsty when Xiu realized this time the betrayal doesn't hurt as much as before because he's been betrayed soo many times that his heart doesn't feel pain anymore

then he thinks, that's not right, it's more like my heart's been melted away long ago, isn't it? and then the faint blue glowing orbs of his eye sockets flickers briefly, never to show warmth again

and oops this got kinda long, i'll edit in 2-5 as i finish them

edit: c2 added, i'll need to do the others in a separate post i think

Huepute, kly, Fulmine Chrys and 10 others like this.
  10. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 3
    this is the transmigration chap!!

after reading all the miserable things that happen to the ML, MC spits blood and goes to write another nasty review, saying how "the MC's too weak, running away from everyone and stuff (so please don't do this anymore i'm begging you QAQ) and that he'd preferred the Virgin Mary/Holy Mother/Saintly MC to this cause this MC is trash and not worth reading at all (so please give him back to us)"

as a result the ML gets more and more black-bellied and ruthless in the story, destroying not only the Light God followers but cities and continents too because he wants to stand at the top of the world by destroying everything else in it. the ML of the story starts saying things like "Hmph, that's his only reason for existence" and "Useless? Then get rid of him, he's an eyesore." basically ML's turned into some sort of super villain instead and MC can only cry. no matter how much the readers protest the author still insists on pushing the ML further into black-bellied evilness.

while this was happening the MC gets the package he order--book one of Mixed Blood, which was completed and published. but when he opens up the package he finds that the shipping company mixed up his order and gave him a yaoi manga of the ML and the ML's main enemy/rival in the story instead. he flips through the book out of "curiosity" and by the time he finishes skimming it, he realizes he's in a place where there's 2 moons in the sky.

----

on december 20, 2012, a certain reader transmigrated with the following items:
    wool vest + white shirt + black trousers (defense +3)
    glasses + hearing aids (sensitivity +2)
    extremely H yaoi (charm +10)

transmigration method: reading yaoi

----

chapter 3 ends with an excerpt of the ML running away for his life because he doesn't want to die...

He couldn't accept it.
    Why? Why why why ahhhhhhh~~
    Why was he labeled as evil? Why did they want to hunt him down and kill him? Why did they have to betray him? Sell him out? Why did they...abandon him...?

If skulls could shed tears, he'd be staining the bones scarlet with his blood by now. Since the world had already abandoned him, why couldn't he abandon the world?

in the end the ML headed for the Lost Land (失落之地), a place where no one had ever come out of. someone had once told him:

If you're dead, then everyone will be happy.
    But he wouldn't be happy. The skeleton clacked as it giggled.

Then for the sake of my own happiness...everyone else can die, hm?

chapter 4
    c4 opens with the MC thinking just how bad he is for transmigration 'cause he can't see or hear well. he'd prolly be the first to die
    he decides to read his yaoi to try and transmigrate back. it doesn't work. then he looks around and realizes there's no food anywhere so he starts to get panicky a bit
    then he realize he's not getting hungrier after a set time and thinks since all MCs have a cheat, his must have something to do with his body or something
    and he does an experiment by ripping the yaoi manga in half
    it resets at midnight along with his body state and hearing aid batteries to when he just entered the world
    so basically he doesn't need to eat and he can go back to his 'original state' at midnight every day

finally MC feels some wind and follows it only to stumble on the ML (in his Undead skeleton form) collapsed somewhere
    he remembers this scene from the book b/c it was where the MC met the cat who saved his life so the first thing he blurts out is "meow"
    because that's what the cat said.

chapter ends with excerpt from Mixed Blood about how the cat met the MC when he was on the brink of death and hears the meow

by the way this cat has like 9 tails or something and used one to save the ML, but this is an EVIL CAT because it's attracted to misery and despair. ML was really really depressed which is why the cat liked him, later on when the ML takes the cat away (in the original story) it actually causes disaster for him on purpose so it could enjoy the misery/suffering. so yeah bad kitty! bad!

chapter 5
    so ML's first reaction is to kill MC when he sees him but he's too weak and collapses again. MC sees ML looking so pathetic and can't believe it's really the ML who's strong enough to do what he wants and even absorb souls to replenish his body when Undead

MC regrets the stuff that he did to make the author give the ML such a screwed up life and wonders if that's why he transmigrated...

anyways he remembers the cat's supposed to show up here and save the ML with one of its tails (9 total, each tail = 1 life) but the cat runs away as soon as it sees MC.

Mixed Blood excerpt describes how the ML met the cat originally, etc etc.
    edit: c5 done

first 5 chapters end here but basically MC figures out a way to save the ML who can absorb souls as an Undead to replenish himself
    since ML's too weak, MC kinda does reverse CPR and has ML suck out his soul since everything about him resets at midnight. ML nearly drains him dry tho, but MC makes it out alive.

guess that's all from me, too much to translate but yeah hope it helps.
    off to bed now but i'll lurk for awhile

Ivivivi, Huepute, kly and 11 others like this.
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How can I say this. The author is very faithful(?) to the Reader's desires.

Reading the manga rite now, and wow! Damn Daniel!

Is it just me or does the cat seem to be afraid of MC?

kly, Fulmine Chrys, Ease and 2 others like this.
  12. foxymirage

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG thank you so much for taking the time to summarize this *sobbing happily* I freaking laughed at his transmigration method "reading yaoi" and plus +10 charm cuz he was holding an extra H yaoi manga... Priceless!

But seriously, this is the very definition of shooting your own foot. DZ seriously f-ed up the story with his hate comments, now he's gone into the world to be punished and restore it to its former glory again. Lol

kly, wraven881, Ease and 3 others like this.
  13. foxymirage

Reading List:
    Link

I just finished skimming through the manga and it seems like animals are afraid of MC? (cuz there's like sabertooth that left after MC stares at it seriously while protecting ML). I wonder what's going on with that... Hmmm

Edit: oh god, sorry for double post... I just found the edit button lol my bad..

kly, Fulmine Chrys, wraven881 and 3 others like this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, after MC's earphone ran out of battery, how can he hears ML's words?

kly likes this.
  15. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    From Kasen's info earlier:

The Creator of the Eight Races said, as long as you pay the price, you may take away a talent for your own
    The Elyos
    (those angel people) gave up humility to gain regeneration,
    The Asmodians
    (those devil horn people) gave up kindness to gain destruction,
    The Elves gave up passion to gain the holy/divine arrows/marksmanship (??not sure about this one),
    The Gnomes
    (aka the dwarves) gave up cool-headedness to gain forging abilities,
    The Dragons gave up restraint to gain defense,
    The Undead gave up compassion to gain the ability to never die,
    The Orcs
    (they're more like beast people i dunno why it's Orcs) gave up reason to gain rampage,
    The Humans gave up tolerance to gain the ability to learn
    [all things]
    When a youth who possessed blood from all eight races appeared, a legend began.

Just going to add: Asmodian and Elyos names come from this MMORPG called Aion. I nearly spit out my tea when I saw those names lol.

And yup, I'm as confused about the 'Orc' name as you are. Technically, they should be called Beastkin.

Finally got around to reading all the MTL... here's some basic info (I'll leave the super great chapter summaries to you,
    @kasen ! Thank youuuu):
    -ML latches onto MC, as you all know. He's quite yandere.
    -Because of MC's interference/support, ML 'levels up' faster than he did in the original story.
    -at one point, ML declares his affections and MC asks for 1 month to figure out his own feelings. Ends in mutual confession.
    -MC doesn't want ML to destroy the world. He takes ML on a roadtrip to try and convince him to love the world. (though ML maintains that all he needs is MC)
    -there are a lot of R-rated scenes. *nosebleeds*
    -some people who used to be in ML's harem become their friends/followers instead
    -ML gets into a fit/rampages whenever MC disappears (he's usually abducted by some person before ML comes and fetches him back)
    -ML's path to becoming Supreme God is bumpy
    -there's a lot of mind-bendy business regarding the world's current Genesis God. Turns out he was the one who summoned our MC. For ML to become Supreme God, he has to kill Genesis God but Genesis God doesn't want to die. Because MC is from a different world/plane outside this one (he's a 'reader' and this world is a 'novel.' He's on a higher plane of power), he is the only one who can break the world's rule of 'invincible undying protagonist' and kill him.
    -even though 'God' orders him to and the 'God's' disappearance means MC will disappear too, MC refuses
    -Blah blah blah, ML kills the guy and MC disappears. MC tries to tell ML in various ways that he's not a resident of this world but it fails because this info is not something 'allowed' for people of this world to know.
    -MC is sad but alive in his original world where he wakes up. In a last ditch effort, he opens his computer and starts typing stuff. He's basically taking advantage of a writer/reader's prerogative to try and change what happened. At one point he types a string of gibberish because the World couldn't process what he was saying. It seems to fail and he breaks out in tears, but then he hears ML's voice behind him.
    -happy reunion~
    -extras are like 90% smut and marathon sex lol

Huepute, Ashley123, kly and 15 others like this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga last update is in August 2016 and stopped at 42 :(

kly likes this.
  17. foxymirage

Reading List:
    Link
    How in the holy world did you managed to read this so fast? LOL! Gimme your skills too! I read it at such a turtle pace *sweat

Thanks for the extra infos, it's easier to MTL now.

18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read like a demon, period. XD

Somehow I moved from actual novels to fanfic to translated novels to MTL...

#running out of books to read

19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    What kinda Dao is this? Cause I've followed each step faithfully, lmao. Same.

Sheri_Yui_Chan, kly, Luen and 4 others like this.
  20. foxymirage

Reading List:
    Link
    This sums up my life....seriously how did we even get to this point in our life?