Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIndeed

TheIndeed [Cthulhu's old buddy]

Reading List:
    Link
    There it is, now everyone got the proof that Qidian is a aggrevator site.

Acidburnsage likes this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most fan translators aren't being paid. They're living off of donations or other jobs. QI is *paying them*, and that money has to come from somewhere. ... Ad revenue isn't enough for that. Even if your traffic dramatically increases, server hosting is expensive, and it gets more expensive when you have to upgrade it to account for that increased traffic. Plus the guys maintaining the website have to be paid, too.. ... Ad revenue might keep the site going, but it can't pay the translators, too.

Maybe stuff like subscriptions to remove advertisements (most people will just adblock, but plenty will subscribe anyway) might help.. but.. I mean, man, that's a lot of money going to translators. Some maybe notsomuch.. but others.. yeah... and you're going to continually sign on more as time goes on. Or at least, that's the plan, right? ... You're screwed.

But hey. I'm not an accountant. Maybe I'd be surprised.

Night Ghost likes this.
  3. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except they have a contractual agreement, between QI and WW allowing for them to host the translations.

4. Seorori

Seorori Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can say all you want, but the other thing that matters is evidence.

5. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    If a will eternal gets paywalled before i read it after so much waiting... ugh....

6. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again in the short run you run up costs but in the long run you profit, you pay a translator now when they need the money, but you profit in the long run because you have the money to invest, it works for both sides and they both benefit. QI loses now but gains more later.

7. MoshGoss

MoshGoss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about ISSTH and AWE that you stole whereas they have EXCLUSIVE RIGHT from the author on it ?

By the way, good job from blocking my account on your website for stating the truth ... and all other account contesting what you did.

We see you. We know you.

You should be ashamed.

Qidian will die.

GM_Rusaku likes this.
  8. Rethorian

Rethorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you at least acknowledge that from an outsiders point of view, taking all the content from a website, and then forcing that website to shut down for at least 10 days with a DMCA claim ON THE SAME DAY looks like you're just trying to grab viewers from Wuxiaworld?

9. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, unrelated issues that happened to be coincidentally around the same time, had we been aware this was the time-frame the DMCA's would have finally taken place we would have looked at other options.

10. TheIndeed

TheIndeed [Cthulhu's old buddy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Aha, yes, the contractual agreement which Ren signed and somehow gave away ownership to translations he didn't own. I seriously doubt such a contract exist.

TrueLiesLost and GM_Rusaku like this.
  11. thelazyaj

thelazyaj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that DMCA issue and the 20 novel agreement are separate issues, you don't need to say it again. One has to do with the actual copyrights as you are the original holder, while the 20 novel agreement has to do with the hosting. I get this. I also know you cannot explain the agreement/ contract since that would break the non-disclosure agreement which is a big nono. You also probably weren't able to name the novels because of the NDA as it is part of the agreement, another big nono. You don't have to quote me again. I was praising you at doing you doing your job. Just accept the compliment or is this one of the reject 3 time before accepting things. jk

12. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    If what you say truly representes Qidan views on the subject colour me blue in surprise and throw me in the sea.
    If this happens i would truly give kudos to Qidan

13. Zeph

Zeph 'Popcorn Missing' - Reward if Returned

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian
    Ignored again.

TrueLiesLost and TheIndeed like this.
  14. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no their not as you've taken TL'd worked that you don't own the rights for, if you had only dmca and not TAKEN AND USED THE TL'D WORK ..you could say what you did ,,,BUT YOU HAVEN'T

TheIndeed likes this.
  15. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wan't to make absolutely sure, because there has been confusing on this part, i'm sorry if i misunderstood your intentions.

16. xKyry

xKyry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WW survives purley on ad revenue and patreon cause they have loyal readers/leechers totaling over 3 mil unique visitors every month and increasing.Qidian has shit.

zentetsuken and Chibi like this.
  17. Casshern080

Casshern080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Coincidentally, like try to get viewers using others work. How noble of you to talk about law and legal actions when you just go around taking peoples work. Plus it looks like Ren and the translators didn't even agree and you didn't even notify them and then you guys after stealing the translation try to shut down their website. Oh how funny.

noob_senpai and GM_Rusaku like this.
  18. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am trying my best to answer as many as i can, there are lots of people asking questions, as part of the agreement Wuxiaworld was able to offer translators the ability to translate their works, giving them legal rights to translate, however ownership of those were retained by Qidian.

19. Olli399

Olli399 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Except they have a contractual agreement, between QI and WW allowing for them to host the translations."

@Qidian it is literally impossible for you to be able to do this, since WW is a publisher and not an author, and therefore does not hold ownership of any works. If you do have an agreement, then it's null since you can't allow rights for something you do not own.

TrueLiesLost, Pizz0011 and TheIndeed like this.
  20. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For one, WuxiaWorld couldn't match the 3~5x salary its translators were offered to move to Qidian. So the big difference in amount paid to those translators would be one reason WuxiaWorld can run at lower operating costs. ... Extremely generous fan donations would be another. RWX makes quite a sum through Patreon. There's also the difference in sheer number of translators. Though there are actually quite a few of them on Wuxiaworld, I think Qidian's already outnumbers them.. and will continue to grow. All of them have to be paid. I suppose that works out if each new project is essentially self-sufficient.. but I don't really think it'd be that ideal.

Still, you have a point. Especially when you also consider possible ebook sales and things like that. Maybe it'd work out.

Just call me a skeptic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.