Wuxiaworld's Formal Response (With Screenshots)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got off the plane, into the hotel, and scanned through some of the messages. My previous post summed up things pretty well, albeit a bit grumpily, but I thought a bit more detail would be in order, since QI continues to wish to play this out in the public (why, why, why?).

Now... so many lies. Where to begin?

First and foremost, they claim that they own the translations in progress and that Wuxiaworld agreed to allow them to dual host translations live. I can categorically say that this is false... and they themselves know it. Proof? I can't show the contract due to NDA (although Qidian is quite frankly already breaching it), but why don't you look at this

OMA email.jpg

Why would @Qidian offer to talk about buy-back price of chapters if they already own it? Does that make sense to anyone at all? And OMA wasn't the only person they reached out to; a good number of Wuxiaworld translators who were working on projects included in the 20 received these requests! The very fact that they even tried to 'buy-back' chapters is proof that they themselves know that they have no right to use those chapters in the way they are discussing. Austin/Qidian then claimed they tried to buy it 'before the deal with Wuxiaworld', but those screenshots were from May of 2017 whereas the deal Wuxiaworld signed was in December of 2016!

Next, they claim that the DMCA was filed a month ago and had nothing to do with them suddenly copy/pasting Wuxiaworld chapters over. This is yet another lie; the DMCA was sent literally 24 hours ago, right before they started copying chapters over. Hoping to take down the site for a few days and drink up some of the Wuxiaworld traffic, eh?

Xuanting.jpg

Then there are the claims that they had to do this right away because 'RWX fails to reply' or 'RWX is slow to respond'. @Qidian name a single example of an email sent to me that I did not respond to. In the entire past two months since they started this nonsense, I have received exactly ONE email from Qidian/Yuewen Group/Xuanting on May 22, and I responded to it within one day. I have sent numerous emails to them afterwards, and they have ignored everything in a completely unprofessional manner, making no effort to work with me at all. Why lie about it? Why claim that Qidian and Wuxiaworld are 'working to come to an agreement' when you completely refuse to talk to me?

Xuanting.jpg

Next let's go to the translations themselves. Their argument is nonsensical, both from a legal standpoint and from a logical standpoint. From a logical standpoint - They are claiming that although they paid others (TKA, etc.) to dual post, Wuxiaworld paid THEM to dual post? Does anyone believe that? That WE paid THEM to work for their website for free? Seriously?

Then from a legal standpoint, we've already seen the Wuxiaworld draft contracts which has been signed with its translators. Let's play pretend and pretend that Qidian is telling the truth and that we signed an agreement with Qidian giving them translation rights that we don't own. If that was the case and we weren't able to deliver, they can sue Wuxiaworld for damages and breach of contract (come at me bro) ... but what gives them the right to take the translations which they claim 'never belonged to Wuxiaworld' and thus Wuxiaworld never had the right to transfer to Qidian? There's zero legal footing here at all!

Then let's talk about their reasons for doing this. So on the surface, their new paid PR spokesman HighJayster/Austin operating the Qidian account claims it is 'for the readers' and because of Wuxiaworld ad problems. But that's not what Qidian saying internally, is it?

*Deleted at request of the owner of the chat server in question. The chat records in question contained logs showing HighJayster/Austin, the Qidian spokesperson, gloating over how Qidian would be able to gain WW's traffic by these actions and how 'fucked' WW would be.*

Man, I could go on and on about all the lies that have been spewed out today (the idea that them using our translations on their website is 'not for profit' is laughable, unless you think traffic has no value), but I think this is enough for now. Want a tldr?

New PR spokesperson, same old lies, just better English. Our new investors and I will be seeing you in court :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope the mess is settled quick. Also, hope new investors are helpful.

3. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Well put, I hope you can end this peacefully but I doubt that to be the case I expect continuous mud slinging

4. Casshern080

Casshern080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck ren! Don't let Qidian be so shameless to try and monopolise the market. Stealing other peoples works and saying its legal.

5. Olli399

Olli399 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    paging @Qidian who will inevitably not respond

6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The war only has just begun....

And @Tony and NU team in general. How long are you all gonna 'stay neutral' about this?
    Still not doing anything, or is there simply nothing you guys can do?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Scorcher25, jzar, Avrnea and 8 others like this.
  7. Sebastian5

Sebastian5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wishing you good luck dude. This is all just so low, they're just jealous of the traffic your website is pulling compared to their collection of Google Translate quality translations. Hope you win out in the end.

8. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    And the truth has been spoken... What's your response qidian?

Funny how qidian never response rwx here on nu. We do love a good show you know...

Scorcher25, Odorico, Fang4 and 8 others like this.
  9. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    after the final war of I shall seal the heavens it shall come to the final war of I shall seal the novels

Scorcher25, zoldik95, JJ and 22 others like this.
  10. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought so, they were lying to my face... seriously fuck off Qidian, you're a piece of cow turd.

11. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading Coiling Dragon with you Ren and I'm with you to the end!

12. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    INB4 someone shown proof that NU staff is friend IRL with one of the QI staff.

If this happen then shit have really hit the fans.

13. mohammed

mohammed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i feel bad for reading at their site and i am in a moral dilemma here can someone please enlighten me on what to do here since i really like some of the novels they host there( i am willing to read from pirate sites if you know any )

But any way i support WW and good luck in court .
    please keep us updated

14. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for clearing this up. I really hope WW triumphs and screws QI over cause what they did(and are doing) is simply underhanded and against the spirit of the online novel community.

Arumanfi, Pizz0011 and Chibi like this.
  15. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    i would so love to see a youtube vlog about it, where you can give out your frustration spoken too
    i can feel how you calm yourself while writing it :D

rakazzt likes this.
  16. Nef-i

Nef-i Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So they have to delete copy paste capters in the near future right?
    because seeing cooling dragon on webnovel.com:confused:

Chibi likes this.
  17. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna be the witness.

From fans and reader side.

Where and when the court will be held ?

@rwxwuxiaworld

INTERNASIONAL COURT OF COURSE

NOT CHINESE COURT @Qidian

Hey @Qidian fuk yu ~

Untitled.png

18. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All right I'm selling popcorn here.

19. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    They are already reading it.

20. apothis

apothis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im with ren qidian has gone to far as for loyalty the first translated novel i read was coiling dragon so without wuxiaworld no apothis in novel updates i just deleted the qidian app and took all there novels off my reading lists hope rex wins any court proceedings

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.