The truth from Ren's mouth. Mod edit: no proof for OP's claims

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ARandomTler, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmaster

kmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a fan Boy but i do not have a very good impression of Qidian so far.

This made me stop reading all the novels i was reading before they moved onto Qidian or Novels i was planning on reading.

I only ever go there now because of "I Am Really A SuperStar".

Qidian seems to have achieved there goal, they want full catalog and monopoly of all novels and they are getting it.

but, eventually Translators that love the community would eventually stop picking up new Qidian Novels and people like me who only read CN Novels because it's an hobby won't bother anymore.

They have to understand that business Model that is proven to work in China and Asia may not work elsewhere in the world.

they have done brilliantly by using new business model such as paying translators, offering incentives, etc.

but I don't think offending the pioneers of CN Novels will get them anywhere.

@rwxwuxiaworld keep up the Good work.

@Qidian stop treating us like a fool.
    or eventually people would just stop reading your novels.

I am already doing that, i dont know about others.

2. Linden

Linden Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just another random that dont have balls to say who he is and come to trash about it.

Atleast he is earning some buck(i hope)

@BadQidian

Hahhaa likes this.
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many listened to the 65 minutes?

I've got to say that what I took away from this is that web novels are surprisingly big and that ren is doing his best to get as favorable terms as he can for wuxiaworld and it's translators.

In a sense it's a shame that that ww seemingly can't win in court.

And really, the wuxiaworld vs qidian sounds more and more like MC vs a hypocritical righteous sect from the novels.

The recording had anything you could want, some insight into the scene, ren's amazing laugh, and the epic moment when MC tells the arrogant sect to F off :p

Oh, and Ren isn't simple alright.

Hahhaa likes this.
  4. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the recording, were all the parties involved aware that the conversation was recorded? If not, Qi just did the silliest thing, which is to to enact a crime punishable by law. Not to mention it could even be corporate espionage, and that is NOT a light hearted joke at all.

Zaltrhiz and nuubman like this.
  5. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    So many new users with post count less than 500. Finally, the lurkers (or sockpuppets) participate in our conversation!

6. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the comments and the recording, nope, other than the one recording this probably nobody else was aware of it. Ren even states around 24 minutes in that this is a private conversation and asked people not to share it.

7. HKfilmer

HKfilmer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the Voice Recording:

"the authorizations only allow you to put on Wuxiaworld and you are putting stuff on Patreon. And I said no no I am not. No, these are translators doing it. So there is back and forth and they want to take the stuff down. For the new guys without know. Eventually we are going. I mean they do have a legal point there. Take down Patreon stuff and move them in house. So that would be part of 1.0 or 2.0 of the new website."

Is Wuxiaworld moving Patreon in-house?

Hahhaa likes this.
  8. ciarannihill

ciarannihill Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, they would probably implement Patreon-like functions into the new webpage if they wanted it 100% in house. Or, alternatively (and most likely) simply host everything on WW, but give access links to the pages exclusively through the Patreon pages, which is substantially easier to implement.

Hahhaa likes this.
  9. angerthosenear

angerthosenear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a Patreon supporter, I know that the later one is implemented already. Just uncommon URLs that are then shared on Patreon, but the actual chapter content is still on WW.

Hahhaa likes this.
  10. Bro-Shield

Bro-Shield Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro-Shield was here

[​IMG]

11. JoshRawrrs1

JoshRawrrs1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Obligatory, gotta have my username or else QI might edit without permission.

Astaroth likes this.
  12. Caudyr

Caudyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Lurks all over your translations of the Black Healer novel* ;)

13. Theo Thanasia

Theo Thanasia Medicine Master

Reading List:
    Link
    :) Still watching :)

14. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is this thread still open? @rwxwuxiaworld has already stated that the recording was made surreptitiously and without consent. That alone should be enough for you to lock it and remove it from public view (though it might be good to archive it in a hidden sub-forum in case you're subpoenaed for it later).

This whole shitshow should be a private dispute between the two dissenting parties. I'm in support of NovelUpdates of taking a neutral stance on this topic, but you can also institute a blanket ban on those entities from using your forum as a means to create a public spectacle out of a private contract dispute.

Also, by allowing this to go on, you open the forum up to legal crap like subpoenas for server logs and forum threads. Take it from someone who ran a forum that got subpoenaed. It's not hard to dredge up all the stuff they ask for in the logs, but the time you spend doing that could be better spent sleeping or rubbing one out or watching paint dry.

15. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh the guy above is right. this topic has been milked to death.

FortColors likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.