Discussion Superstitions and my fear of what if...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by honglath, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Yash

Yash Master hacker and design genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeh it went from moths to cats to fuuka to truck kun

Vilidious likes this.
  2. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I hide a lot from the world, and I am not willing to share it!

BattleNoob likes this.
  3. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe most of us are ok with that as long as we don't have to deal with it.

Nah, black cats are cool. At least, i never had a problem with them... well, there was that one kitten that bit me... Still miss that little scamp... Ran away as soon as s/he was able and started raiding the neighbors... Hell of a hunter too... Lived about 10-12 years and ruled the lands... Never did like me much..

You won't be amazed to know how often that is true, but there's this unnatural fear that it's not going to happen to me and i'll have to deal with it... Having gone through many funerals, skipped one recently too, it really is a pain in the ass.

No. Unless i really dislike something, i'm mostly a pacifist and a coward.

Don't know, don't remember. All i know about moths is that they look great, beautiful, beautiful little things, just not in my room with me while i sleep...

That my frend is a poltergeist waiting to happen. Or just sound bouncing around from things that are further away that you believe them to be.

If it was, i never knew about it.

I know right? These superstitions are so vague sometimes, it's like no one really knows what to do because it never really happened before... But hey, fear of the unknown is quite the big deal around these parts...

Someone did pass away recently... I didn't go to their funeral... Think they might be upset?

Gut feelings are mostly, almost never, maybe wrong. They're a subconscious reaction to pieces of data from your memories and knowledge that come together to form a probability evaluation of a possible event that will affect you in some way. Gut instincts are usually right, but unexpected circumstances, unknown information or misinterpretation creates doubt on their actual efficiency.

All cats are cute.

Oh yeah, most definitely. I used to walk around at night during summer, with no lights on anywhere and it was a very scary experience because my eyes kept struggling to use whatever light available and form some type of picture i could 'see', but it didn't really work right and i was often seeing many shadows twisting, running, flying and generally screwing around. Quite creepy, i completely don't recommend it.

Hell no. I love this house. It's my house.

Lol no. No sexy, scantily-clad young woman in my future... not anymore.

4. Namsa

Namsa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever i step on cowshit accidentally my grandparents says it is lucky and that fortune is sure to come.always made me look foward to accidentally stepping on cow shit when i was younger .

Su Zexian, honglath and Vilidious like this.
  5. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was a child I was told that stepping on a manhole cover would cause bad luck.
    What did I do? I jumped onto every cover I saw (aside from those on the motorway)

Same when I heard that looking at the first visible part of the moon after a new moon brings misfortune: I did it the first time there was a clear sky.

Edit: Black cats are my favorit animals. Don't say that you bad luck is their fault - thats just some unfounded correlation made by being more perceptive of misfortune when you get reminded of this superstition.

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're a Japanese MC?

deepon and Su Zexian like this.
  7. Yash

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like a sneak peak of that hidden stuff.

8. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    When white moths enter the house it means death... it is usually the death of the moth but you lost your chance...

9. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    it's just my sadness and sorrow, nothing that is important to the world. Because a real man keeps his darkest parts only to himself!

10. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, there was that spoiler tag right under that comment; not that I checked it.

11. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it is not.
    I once tried another one with the mirrors. Look in a mirror through a mirror at night on friday the 13th and you'll see something very cool and very evil. Didn't really see anything...

Actually i'll be travelling quite a lot in the next few days, so... i won't really be available for a while...

I remember the cow shit... I didn't really like it... nor did i notice any difference had i not stepped in it so many times...

That manhole cover thing must be universal because i did the same, at least until someone else fell in through one... Been avoiding them since.

12. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    It not a superstition. Moth is a well known killer. Throwing it out probably save your life. Here's what happen in 2012.

[​IMG]

honglath likes this.
  13. Yash

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark parts eh reminds me of that pig i raised i a....released yeh relased it.

14. Kokuyasou

Kokuyasou 黒夜葬

Reading List:
    Link
    I laughed way harder than I should have

noisypixy likes this.
  15. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    From the novels i've read... yeah, mostly. But not really... Depends on who you ask.
    Hey... outside is still kind of cold at night so... it's still going to die, just not near me or my bed.
    Damn! That was a close one! So glad i had the foresight to rid myself of this invader preemptively! I will now sleep better at night knowing this. Thank you, Hahhaa!

Hahhaa likes this.
  16. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    did it taste good? I mean did... no did it taste good? *deadpan*

17. Kokuyasou

Kokuyasou 黒夜葬

Reading List:
    Link
    Your avatar has...quite a "unique" face

ero madoshou likes this.
  18. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    Just count your luck. If you try to kill it instead... it won't end well :p

honglath likes this.
  19. Yash

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeh it was amazing the juicy meat the ribs in gravy the tende taste of that meat with vegetables and spice ummm that pig was released alright straight into my belly that is hahahaha

20. Jastolus

Jastolus [Anti-Nihilist] [Captain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Blue butterflies forewarn a impending spiritual doom most likely involving ghosts or Spirits.