GGP is Lying; Gravity Is Owned by China Reading (QI)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Truck-kun, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Did ggp respond already?
    I can't go through so many pages just to find it without being sure if ggp atleast said something.

2. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    So much for ignoring my gut feeling.

The guy says it like this was some little baby thing that had no value at all, so if he didnt tell it, he thought it had no significance.

Too emotional to even curse. Rejoice people, this is your lord and saviour Qidian with its diciples following in their steps.

3. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently even the TLs, editors and the rest of the staff were unaware of it.

jackateonetoo and Tramsloof like this.
  4. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Not here, but on Reddit he did. He's quite good at PR actually, or whoever is directing him is.

5. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, i see... Thanks for the information.
    Also a good pr in this situation seems as a better option than even more drama being added :/

6. DarkGoddessNyx

DarkGoddessNyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And the handy thing for him was that a company may lie to everyone except investors/shareholders and on official documents so he can get away with many things at least in a legal sense.

7. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the short run, GGP controls GT under whatever management agreement he has with Qidian, but in the business world, this doesn't guarantee anything in the long run.

Typically, in these situations, the majority owner exercises complete control because once you sign over the 90% ownership to somebody else, they get the last word on all major decisions.

And once the majority ownership changes hands, the management agreement can be revoked without any real defenses, so that management agreement typically doesn't mean that much.

noob_senpai likes this.
  8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is possible that in the deal there is a binding and can't be change clause except if both party agree (no matter the ownership percentage?). Clause like : no paywall, translator may choose where ever they want to post, etc (thing that GGP claim)?

9. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    The more you read about this,the more rotten you find it to be.

For eg read here something said by the Turtle Translator of WW who is former member of GT(on reddit).
    While GT says in his (now truth) response that NO ONE left because of introduction of contracts and instead he introduced contracts much later, he says all former gt members can back him on this.
    Now most users should have seen an anonymous guy post screenshots a few days ago claiming GT was lying. Most of us rennounnced his claims.

To add in something to show his hypocrisy, let me quote him more. Here is what he said,
    The thing is, no one from his staff knew about this deal. Maybe this is how he treats his friends, well no wonder they leave you. I am quoting another guy on reddit who says about this,
    Well. As I said at the start, rotten.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  10. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if what GGP is saying is true about no paywall, as someone already posted, there are so many ways around that (like VIP, or premium access or something).

11. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my experience, the problem is that if the majority owner breaches the contract (for example, say they cancel the management agreement early or force something else against the terms of the management agreement), the only fallback for the minority owner is typically to force a buyout to leave the business.

Most legal jurisdictions will basically just grant the minority owner the relief of being able to force a sale of their minority share so that they can't be held captive.

Once you turn over majority ownership, it's very difficult to force a majority owner to run a business in a specific way even if there's a management agreement in place as part of the sale.

jackateonetoo and Tramsloof like this.
  12. 101that

101that Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait 'till you reach the bottom of the page, where pippingu straight out said when someone raised the issue of WW and others "getting boned" by QI: "I couldn't care less about WW. What do they have to do with me? I am a fan translator, and I'll be sitting here waiting for any bones to happen." (Link to the discussion)

Yeah, well, why care about the community or about his fellow translators? He can translate, earn money and the rest can get f-d. What a nice person - I hope he will receive the same amount of support when he is in trouble. I was hesitating if I should continue reading stuff on GT, but guess what novel did I just drop?

Edit: added a link to the comment, just to give it some context. Yeah, I was also there and a bit salty...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  14. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't go so far as to say he's quite good at PR, but whoever may be directing him is indeed quite good at doing business.
    Someone mentioned that GGP is still 19? Dunno if that is true or not, but it would make a lot more sense about how contradictory and bad at communication GGP is/was. When I see seniors in business I always get shown up too :ROFLMAO:
    It comes to no suprise Qidian managed to direct him like that.

15. ungas1232004

ungas1232004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Truck-kun is right. GGP released a statement regarding that on reddit.

16. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thanks.

The reason that I ask is because I've been in the similar situation before. My previous company have a major investor push the minor one (the one that sided with us).

They then fail to fulfill one deal, and the minority stakeholder manage to overthrow the majority. Don't ask me how

17. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If there was a bankruptcy issue, that's a separate case where debt holders and such come into play and stock/shareholders lose priority and can be wiped out.

18. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably right. All we know it about financial, but have no detail

19. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has there been any official response from the authors and translators from GT. They were f#cking lied to and now they must be thinking what the f#ck.

20. ORoger

ORoger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am against QI and GT like any body else. And I do think that GGP is lying.

but I have to say that staying in control with a minority share is technically possible. It's really rare but private company statute can give a shareholder pretty big rights.

My uncle sold 60% of his company but he maintained full control of it has long as he was the personally the CEO, something about his vote counting for two in the shareholder's meeting. In the case of private companies the company statute can even go as far as giving more decisions right to someone who isn't a shareholder that to the shareholders.

That said you should have to find someone willing to buy the shares of a company with such statute, or someone willing to enforce a statute that basically is against himself. And I don't think that QI is either of them.

Dyne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.