LCD I am the Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by honglath, Aug 16, 2016.

1. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You literally just said that if Roan knew that Kali was going to betray Io, then he should get a spy amongst one of Kali's men who will stab him in the back.

As for infiltration, is that not what he's currently doing? I would assume he's making use of Clay and the druids' abilities if he isn't already using them in addition to Aegis to gain information about the situation.

2. Crow Slaying Vanir-san

Crow Slaying Vanir-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. NagaKarat

NagaKarat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not agree that because the need to be involve in a fief war you need to transfer the title itself, just being named Heir should be enough. Its more of a moral high ground instead of an emotional blackmail.

4. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't really see much difference. After all, if what Io said was true, and Roan was his chosen heir, he would have taken over regardless, and him getting it a little bit earlier shouldn't make much of a difference. Also, the moral high ground becomes ambiguous when everyone else consider Kali the heir (or at least the important people like the Duke behind Simon), and it might be hard for Roan to prove himself if he's simply heir.

5. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    being count meant you are in the inner circle hierachy and your power will make difference in the social standing,,,, unlike baron or baronet which was usually the highest can be granted to commoner. So by being count your power will multiple by 5-10 fold and being count to can own biggest fief which is acceptable as the noble title is nobler( is this even a word?)

6. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow he finally became a Count
    I think this entire arc was made to make Roam a count much earlier
    In most noble houses a Noble Title is only inherited when the head becomes very old or Dies
    In this case Roam would have inherited the title a few decades from now when Count Io becomes very old
    So this plot progress Arc saved Roam 20-30 years of time to become Count

I have been wondering will Roam Gobble up Count Johnathan Chase's land or will he give up on it.
    If he takes Chase's Land then he will have Lancephill Territory Pushkin lake and Chase territory an area large enough to become a Duke of the Kingdom

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    Nice Lie likes this.
  7. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'm pretty sure Io is old, lol. I doubt it would have taken Io 20-30 years before passing the title to Roan. I feel like after the events of the betrayal, if he somehow managed to win without relying on Roan, he would have given it to Roan after the war.

I'm going to assume that he will give up on it. He still needs time to develop and grow his power and his base. Taking more land than what his title allows or what he's capable of holding on would put him in a pretty dangerous position. At most he'll beat back Chase and receive compensation from him for damages caused and/or take some resources from him.

8. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a point Roan will probably not gobble up count chase's land But it would have been cool if he did that though,since i think he will become a Duke first then one day he will break away from Rinse Kingdom and create his own kingdom near Pushkin lake as its center
    He even said so in the previous arc that he plans to build his own kingdom by hook or by crook even if he has to Rebel against Rinse Kingdom.
    .But I don't get why Count Io needs more than half of the royals approval to nominate his own successor.Normally in most Nobility settings the Kings approval is enough for high ranking nobles like Duke's and Count's to appoint their successor Why do you need to Involve the 3 Princes in the approval process ?

9. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course it'd be cool. I mean, it gives him more access to resources and presumably a higher standing (a count who holds a large territory is probably more important than a count who holds a smaller territory). Even still, doing so would draw more unwanted attention to him, and he might not be prepared enough to protect his land and resources. Then again, he's already pissed off a lot of people, so I'm sure adding a few more won't matter.

As for the approval process, I would assume that it is due to the distribution of power. The King probably doesn't have unlimited power (considering that he seems to be heavily reliant on that one Duke to tell him what to do), so the princes and other nobles have a bigger say.

10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Kallum had just set a death flag

11. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Kallum plans to attack now?

12. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice so now roan will break away his troops and make his own kingdom near Pushkin lake as a base to be exact he will build his fortress castle on exo island w/ mermaids as a strong Defender and that will be untouchable base Damn!

13. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Bakerâ„¢]

Reading List:
    Link
    So he has finally decided to start his plans? He needs more outstanding individuals with him and a good water based training method now.

Tanhalevi likes this.
  14. hiper05

hiper05 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yep, Roan has literally rocked the playing board. Now that Kallum voted against expectations, Tommy will want answers and when he doesn't get them, he will lose trust in Kallum. Resulting in walls and close monitoring. Simon will also be suspicious of Kallum watching him more closely not understanding his motive. It might turn into a true three way battle for the throne.

2. The transport of Io with Chris to the capital was Roan's first move along with using Kallum. So what is Roan's second move. Maybe attack fief of Count Chase. The eagle that was following the messenger to Count Chase was moving North, which means that Fief of Chase has no direct Lord in charge plus it's elite troops are deployed to Fief of Io. Also, Brain with a total of 3-thousand troops went somewhere. My guess is that Roan's second move with Clay and Brain, will be attacking the fiefdom.

Edit
    1. We find that Brain and maybe Clay, who will provide intel, will roam the east region attacking Count troop forces. If a troop consists of 1000-2000 members, Brain force of 3-thousand with intel will probably cause devastation on the County Chase's eastern region,
    2. Southern Guild Alliance aka private mercenary force not only after consolidation will be loyal to Roan, they might move North to provide support for Lancephil forces that are fighting in the South of County Io.
    3. With the allies in the future will move NorthEast from the SouthWest direction. We have two major battles to look forward towards. One is Patorv Castle with Viscount Kali and the second is at the NorthEastern battle line with Count Chase. Foreshadowing that Roan will in the future be the lord of County Io and Chase having an equal power to the Dukes.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  15. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    But Tommy never trusted Kallum to begin with? They're not friends with each other. They're just choosing to not fight one another because they both recognise that Simon is the greatest threat out of the 3.

16. madsnailwn

madsnailwn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    awesome novel. Kudos to the translator

17. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Brian and his troop of light is kinda OP with that flash bomb technique. genocide squad

18. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I kind of think his troop is already plenty OP without that technique. Afterall, he chose his troops from the people learning the mana technique. MANA TECHNIQUE. If all of them were talents in using them, they should be plenty strong to take on most of the normal people I'm assuming their enemy soldiers were, even if they were outnumbered.

19. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiddy grandad is shiddy.

20. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    "... first decisive battle."

And the goal is annihilation of the enemy. Army wars FTW!

Black Frost likes this.