Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. busyoldfool

busyoldfool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pixiv is the place to go for fanarts! Here is the series' tag: https://touch.pixiv.net/tags.php?tag=謙虚、堅実をモットーに生きております!
    Hmmm...but Aoi-chan mentioned her two brothers (Muscles and Otaku) a few times *and* Reika was curious about them, but they still don't really get to show up...
    Of course, there still a chance, but so far Imari's brother only serves to give Imari the line about how cute little sisters are better than bratty younger brothers. Oh wait, Imari once joked about how Reika should marry his brother right? Make that three times then. Imari's brother seems to be permanently living overseas though, so even if he does appear, the likelihood of him becoming a permanent fixture is a bit low.
    Omg. That would be so so cute! I'm a fan of this theory!

Aeiru28 and kaguya0401 like this.
  2. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Muscles was used as a plot device at one point, but it was early on. Not 100% sure if the author used the Otaku in a similar fashion. Honestly, I'm curious if Imari's younger brother is part of the Casanova Village or not haha. It would be rather interesting if the brother pops up and Reika ends up liking him...but that might be way too unexpected for the readers.

3. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It only happen in manga.. and it's not like there were girls molesting Enjou/confessing to him in a daily basis/causing real prolems. And she's too touchy for someone who is "pretending", besides, why would she try to ward off Reika when Enjou is obviously into Reika ?
    It's the inverse, Yuiko is the Sakurako type. I think she's really being antagonist towards Reika on purpose. And I agree with @busyoldfool that Enjou is trying to avoid Yuiko
    actually Muscles got a lot of screen time, when he fell in love and started composing music We probably won't see him ever again though
    I agree ! We didn't even get to know his name
    Nope, Imari simply described him as "bratty". and If he was a playboy Reika would think of them as a set

4. busyoldfool

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty minor plot device though, and no, Otaku was never used the same way (so far). But hah, I don't think readers would be surprised. Even in the Japanese forums once in a while Imari's brother gets mentioned as a possible love interest for Reika. Most of us are so desperate for Reika to find love that I think even a whisper of an eligible bachelor gets our ears perking, lol. XDDD
    Yeah, Enjou avoiding Yuiko is a snag to the theory. What confuses me is that I really don't recall Yuiko being antagonistic to Reika. Just that Reika is scared of her because of her unsettling atmosphere.
    Not on screen though - we just get second hand accounts from Aoi-chan. I do wish Reika actually does get to meet him - exactly how muscled is he?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  5. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I just had a random thought.. Every single guy Reika fall in love with have to be taken, but she get turned off as soon as she learn that they're already going out with someone else
    Isn't Enjou with a fiancee candidate (taken yet not taken) perfect for Reika ?

6. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree to the nth level!!!!
    But then again, Kaburagi doesn't have a gf too. Ah...he likes Wakaba, so...maybe...hmn...yeah...erase that.
    Oh! Mizusaki is single! Not really confirmed that he's in love with Wakaba yet, right? Hohoho~
    But still, Enjou, hurry up and confess to Reika already!!! You're playing it safe too much!!! Augh!

7. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    his affection points are nearing the zero. And remember Reika's thoughts when he wanted to apologize after first Tsuruhana accident and led her somewhere while her clique fangirled ? "As if he'd do something as cute as confessing !". Reika may not believe him when confessing, or think he have an ulterior motive. AND I'M AGAINST CONFESSING OUT OF THE BLUE, it work only in manga !

Aeiru28 likes this.
  8. dragonkin550

dragonkin550 Well-known lizard-eater

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true that it's not confirmed, but Reika's past memory tell her that it's a thing, and that's all the confirmation she really needs. She's never even thought once in the story that Fellow Stalking Horse might not be in love with Wakaba-chan (unlike when she was wondering if Kaburaki might not like Wakaba without Reika pushing him towards her) after all...

Let's be honest here, Reika's affection points towards Enjou in elementary school started at -255. They've slowly gone up with him helping her a few times, and then down again with him requesting 'favors'. It makes sense too, in the manga series, Enjou was totally against the Villainess Reika, so she's still stuck in the mindset of staying away from him. I think that mindset might finally be slowly breaking down with how much contact she's been having with the Duo in the last year or so though.

Rinae, Yumika12345 and Aeiru28 like this.
  9. candycane_whack

candycane_whack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I could read japanese.

10. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Use google translate and pray that your brain don't get fried from sometimes confusing reading...:blobmelt::blobmelt:

11. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I think it was kinda neutral. more like -255 in the Tsuruhana and Ririna accident. stayed like that until Yukino came in the picture.
    Hey dudes, I was re-watching AoT when I remembered, a "stalking horse" is kinda like that lame love rival that didn't stand a chance.Jean Kirshtein is constantly called "horse-face" and having a one-sided love towards Mikasa Ackerman.. was it done on purpose ?
    Actually I think Kaburagi was the one she was certain would have romantic feelings toward Wakaba, even thinking when he got heart-broken by Yurie that it was a perfect chance for WaKabu to happen. Since Kaburagi magically fell in love with Wakaba (for no real reason) anyways, and Mizusaki is waay closer to Wakaba than he was in Kimidol, so even us readers think that he has the hots for Wakaba, though it's not confirmed.
    The thing I'm curious about is like someone mentionned in this thread (I'm sorry I forgot who ) that Reika never had her heart throb for Mizusaki, and she never got rumors with Mizusaki, I mean even Iwamuro-kun (the mercenary) and Class Rep (the imperial chamberlain) got love rumors with the empress. So how come she never got any with the third most popular dude in school ?

Yumika12345, Kittsune and Leilacus like this.
  12. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
  13. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a chapter or two where Reika was worrying if her personality change caused Wakaba not to meet with Kaburagi, and thus their romance would never begin. Yes Reika was sure that Kaburagi would fall in love with Wakaba if some event between the two happened, but Reika thought fleetingly that the reason they got together in the first place might have had something to do with the evil Reika in the anime persecuting Wakaba, and without that evil Reika pushing events, their romance might never happen. And then of course one day Wakaba showed up with Kaburagi at school and she stopped worrying about that.

For the rumors, I'm guessing it's because, a certain class president aside, Student Council + Pivoine don't mix. For the heartthrob never happening it's because, as I said, her past memory tells her (even if it hasn't been totally confirmed, though there have been suggestive events) that he'll pursue Wabaka, so she probably would subconsciously put him in the 'no chance, don't bother' category. Also, Reika has almost always gone after the older boys / men, and Mizusaki is the same age as her (that's an issue Enjou has to overcome too lol).

14. busyoldfool

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that was me. For the rumors, I think it's because they haven't had much interaction in public...and actually it's been a while since we had a 3rd pov chapter. Who knows, maybe there *are* rumors and we just haven't found out (we don't even know how *Enjou* knows about their morning meetings)?
    There's the fact that Reika's heart occasionally throbs for both Kaburagi and Enjou though. She should at least have filed Kaburagi in the same category so...while I do think your stated reasons also apply, maybe the deciding factor is that Comrade Stalking Horse is too "safe" for Reika? I remember in the earlier chapters Reika said that the reason she was never attracted to Akizawa-kun (despite him being a good gentle boy) was because he lacked an "element of danger." Can we conclude from this observation that Reika's type is someone who's "dangerous" but one who would treat her well? Now, who could that be...;) But yeah, that certain someone still would need to convince Reika he has good intentions.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Aeiru28 and Yumika12345 like this.
  15. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems reasonable. It could also have to do with how little Reika has had to interact with Mizusaki, at least in such a way that he could show off his cool side to Reika (they basically only talk when they have work to do or the one spying incident...), but it's probably just that he's not in her strike zone at all, yeah.

Aeiru28 and Yumika12345 like this.
  16. candycane_whack

candycane_whack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I kinda just wish it could skip all the way to end so and finally let the poor girl get a boyfriend. Feels like everyone's in a relationship but her. Kinda sad:blobconfused: At the very least l want someone to show some REAL interest in her instead of just having someone help her or be nice to her then speculate what his actions means.:blobwoah: but still, I really <3 this novel :blobmelt:

Leilacus likes this.
  17. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know i was re-reading some chapters and Reika said that she preferred enjou over kaburagi when she was reading kimidol in her previous life. :blobxd::blobxd: It was in the early chapters around primary school. Can i assume this is the authors way of foreshadowing future events:blobnosebleed:

18. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm...Onii-sama fits that. Is that the reason why Reika is a bro-con?? :whistle::whistle:

And yeah... That certain someone is really failing at convincing Reika. He really need to change strategy...(and destroys the obstacles first)

19. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    ...the biggest obstacle is Reika's skewed view of Enjou though... if not for that he'd probably already have her eating out of his hand...

Aeiru28 likes this.
  20. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She said that "if it's just the face, I'm in team Enjou", which leaves the question about why she was a Kaburagi fangirl in her past life and not an Enjou fangirl
    I think it's mainly because she thinks of him as WaKabu's stalking horse, I don't know for others but I feel like dudes that badly lose although trying hard in non-reverse harem stories just lose like 100pts of coolness just by being a stalking horse.
    That's destroying the purpose of reading this story, what makes Kimidol way better is that it's not just about the romances. It's also funny to see the "Forever Alone" meme's mindset (dude with a swollen face and tears) being applied to a smart, rich, popular and good-looking Ojou-sama
    but a 3rd POV of who ? We already got the KGB girl, class rep, Onii-sama, Imari, fangirl, random passer-by dude scared by Kali-sama, fellow handicraft club member, Kanta, Satomi..
    I vote for Satomi, being the 3rd POV who gave us the most info, but I kinda wanna see Akizawa's POV too(the dude who interacted with Reika, Sakurako and got anchor in place of Enjou, as Akizawa is quite social we could've gotten an interaction with Enjou)
    We probably won't get Yukino/Enjou/Kaburagi's POV until we get enlightened about that Yuiko's thingy
    I also root for a Serika or Kikuno POV
    I doubt that, Reika is good/at least better-than-average at reading people, if we forget Onii-sama and Yukino that she's intentionally being biaised about. Enjou as someone who is the same age as her couldn't have gotten her eating out of his hand, nobody does. The only exception being Naru look alike, but Naru was someone who had a 5-12 yo age difference in her past life so..

Demonic Spoon, LivB and Yumika12345 like this.