Spoiler Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Vol.23)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Raizu, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Raizu

Raizu An Enthusiastic Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

More illustrations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Read on your own risk.
    After this volume, it looks like both Mayumi and Miyuki have both taken a Huge L in the ship war.

Mayumi by being part of the trio to persuade/capture Tatsuya (although its not clear if she was willing to capture him) and then trying to help Katsuo after his arm is blown off, only to be attacked by Miyuki and co. need more info to know her state of mind though, but from my perspective, Tatsuya would not be liking her for getting in the way, even if he knew the reasons.

A shame, until the Umbrella scene, she kept appearing and shown to care and fall for Tatsuya both in his company and within her own thoughts (like bath scene). Now those scenes of her are almost non existent. (Mayumi x Tatsuya ship sunk)

And Miyuki because its clear she's getting fed up with the way Tatsuya is being used and abandoned by Yotsuba and others, while being hunted by the rest.

Apparently the next volume is titled "escape" (pic related) is apparently Miyuki crying that Tatsuya has to leave in order to protect them both, or Her telling Tatsuya to leave her for his safety. Don't know why she leave with him though.

Not sure if its about cancelling the engagement, but it looks like the 2 will be distanced for a time.

And nowadays, it seems like Lina is becoming more prominent after the parasite arc and will be a more serious contender for Tatsuya after he saved her friend, and now she's worried about him after his identity as Silver is revealed.

Honoka is also doing well since she's actually doing something, but i still dont have alot of hope for her overall, but she's still in a better position than the other 3 since Mayumi was allied with Mari and Katsuo, Tatsuya is (apparently) leaving Miyuki and Lina is in America.

A reader's review of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei volume 23 from Amazon (spoilers ahead).
    Tatsuya is involved in a conspiracy involving the USNA.

A lot of pressure is placed on the 9 schools and 10 MCs, due to public opinion and they judge that they can no longer ignore it.

Maya ignores the request, but judges that there will be some confrontation but that even if they tried to help it wouldn’t accomplish much.

Tatsuya who is contemplating such things doesn’t accept the request from the USNA involving Project Dione, and shows resolve to confront anyone if they turn into an enemy.

Miyuki can’t help but be angry with the military, the Yotsuba, and the schools, since they are not trying to help at all.

Juumonji, Mari and Mayumi try to persuade Tatsuya, but there is a breakdown and they become enemies.

Juumonji fights Tatsuya and Tatsuya uses Baryon Lance. Mayumi and Mari try to help him out but are stopped by Miyuki and Minami.

In contrast, Tatsuya’s friends remain loyal despite everything going on.

The evaluations of the senior students keeps decreasing. The trap by the USNA is clear to Tatsuya but it’s oblivious the seniors. If Tatsuya is gone it is exactly what the other countries want. There seems to be a certain level of hypocrisy that Japan doesn’t need nuclear weapons. (The reader's opinion)

The attack by the Information Division was stopped by Tatsuya’s classmates.

Kazama isn’t handling this situation well, and it looks like there may come an opportunity to break away from the military.

There was a lot disappointment involving certain characters, as a reader I hate those who conspire against Tatsuya and want them to be erased quickly. I can’t wait to see how he (Tatsuya) will try and reverse and confront these situations from now on. (The reader's opinion)

kiara8, RizYun, riyo and 2 others like this.
  2. Upheaval

Upheaval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a pretty heavy spoiler, I had to fish on the discord channel for more because I thought it was fake.
    In my opinion Mahouka it's going to end in the next 3-4 volumes. In volume 23 they pretty much start a god-hunt. Can't call them smart. Now it's him against the world, but the world doesn't have a chance! Ha!
    I'm happy that his friend helped him in this volume, but Mayumi ship sunk with her being his "enemy". I hope the author will give characters like Maya and Honoka an happy ending. Maya had too much to bear in a single life, and Honoka it's growing as a character. Miyuki it's learning new spells, resisting cast jamming.
    I really hope to see volume 19 released soon, i already forgot the plot about he first 18 volumes and had to re-read them the last month. I'm also hyped for the movie, hope to see it subbed soon.

RizYun, Lazy hypocrite and kiara8 like this.
  3. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was the anime called irregular at magic high school or something? if this is the ln or whatever, does the mc end up with his sister at the end?

kiara8 likes this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the novel is still ongoing though

5. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it look like they are going to end up together? he has no emotions toward anyone else except his sister right? so i hope to god he cant fall in love with anyone else

6. DarkBlue

DarkBlue «Darker Than Blue» «Overlord of Sleep»

Reading List:
    Link
    Erm... Can anyone summarize vol 18-23 please?

7. sherlock_marple

sherlock_marple Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go to the Mahouka wiki. V18 - V22 are fully summarize. As for V23, they summarize the C1 so far.

8. Raizu

Raizu An Enthusiastic Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers coming.

The duel between Katsuto vs Onii-sama.

- Tatsuya’s active air mine was used as weapon of mass destruction.
    - Nine school competitions thus was suspended
    - Clark and Igor device Dione plan to try to exile Tatsuya to space by leaking his Silver identity.
    - Tatsuya try to avoid pressure by moving.
    - Katsuto, Mayumi, and Mari still try to talk him into it.
    - Tatsuya realizes this is a trick and refuses, Tatsuya and Katsuto try to resolve their difference by a duel.
    - Tatsuya penetrates 24 levels of Katsuto’s barriers.
    - Tatsuya realizes Katsuto is overclock. (sign of magic over use->user exchange life energy for magic power)
    - Katsuto hits Tatsuya with his Phalanx to the point of puking blood.
    - Tatsuya disassembles 32 levels of Katsuto’s barriers.
    - Tatsuya recovers with regrowth.
    - Tatsuya uses baryon lance carbonizes Katsuto’s left elbow and the arm fall off.
    - Katsuto does not know what hits him, Tatsuta explains.
    - Katsuto says mahou association bans radiation magic attacks.
    - Tatsuya says the radiation was recovered so it did not matter.
    - Tatsuya demands Katsuto’s surrender.
    - Mayumi try to help Katsuto.
    - Miyuki deep freeze Mayumi’s CAD.
    - Mayumi try to active dry meteoroid without CAD, still useless under Miyuki’s area interference.
    - Mayumi and Mari remind Katsuto to use neutron barrier.
    - Tatsuya explains why that is useless (Katsuto’s barrier already contains neutron shield.)
    - Katsuto admits defeat.
    - Tatsuya regrowth Katsuto’s arm.
    - Erika, Miki, Leo, and Honoka take care of the Japan intelligence agents who observe the fight and try to finish off Tatsuya while he "was" wear down.

[​IMG]

kiara8, riyo and Lazy hypocrite like this.
  9. black_hero

black_hero New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a feeling that the author is raising Lina's route
    considering how her thoughts are all about tatsuya until the latest volume
    probably in the volume 24 (Escape), she'll play a big role again

Lazy hypocrite likes this.
  10. Tintl

Tintl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HELLO PEOPLE!
    I found the anime of this BUT ITS A CLIFFHANGER! And it stops after yostuba arc and I NEED a continuation of it so where do I find the TRANSLATED NOVELS ARC 1 TO ITS CURRENT translated STATUS?
    Cause people here are already on arc26 or something.
    Edit: sorry, arc23

11. sherlock_marple

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want the summaries, you can go to Mahouka Wikia . Just click on the volume covers. Vols 1 - 23 are already summarized.
    If you want the translated novels, only Vols 1 - 18 have been translated so far before it got licensed by Yen Press (Vols. 1 - 6 are out already). :)

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    And then the online translated version was deleted. Fu YP

13. sherlock_marple

Reading List:
    Link
    I managed to have the epub of the volumes before they got deleted.
    But yeah, I was annoyed when the series got licensed. Light novels (and manga) here are so hard to find and expensive too. :facepalm:

kiara8 likes this.
  14. Tintl

Tintl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DAMN YOU YEN PRESS,
    HOPE. YOU. GO. TO. HELL!!!
    I AM TOTALLY BOYCOTTING IT FROM NOW ON!!!

kiara8 likes this.
  15. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the plot for Lina's assassination is cooking in volume 25 which is released 1 month after volume 24

16. Royalsoukoku

Royalsoukoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yen press licenses light novels and take forever to finish it. So sad I can't read japanese.

17. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I caught a bit of the anime but was a bit thrown off by the sister's obsessive behavior.

In the novel, how far is this relationship taken? How physical does it get?

Thanks for the help.